Proud to finally release Bally's 1987 title, Escape From the Lost World. This table has been an absolute beast to bring to fruition and all started with Tom @armyaviation insisting we take this release over from a french team planning it over at pincabpassion. Tom has been an absolute machine and built the working table from the ground up and helping me all along the way with tons of advice and know-how which I would of never figured out alone, not to mention testing debugging, and troubleshooting.
Next I need to give a TON of credit to Scotty VH @scottt who owns the real table. He has taken literally hundreds and hundreds of photos which we used to create a scan of the table with photogrammetry, and has studiously been testing and reporting issues all along the entire build. With his help I think this table plays as close to the real thing as possible which of course is the ultimate goal.
@32assassin delivered BIG time with all the base code for this table including the VUK's which were way more complicated than I thought.
@Bord @Thalamus @cyberpez and JPsalas all got us across the finish line with script work, testing, and great advice.
Also I completely lifted code for LUT cycling from flupper @philippe
There's also a few members who supplied photography that I can't remember since I've lost my message history, so sorry if I forgot to mention you.
I'd like to mention there are a few table options in the script: The Alt Bridge and Alt Ramp textures have less green GI light contribution and are probably a little closer to reality, but I shamelessly like the embellished versions that are default.
The cabinet glass is off by default because I think it's distracting, but it's included because this table is unique in that it's the only machine to ever have artwork silk-screened right onto the glass. Give it a try for a truer representation of the real table.
Lastly I've added Fluppers LUT cycling code which can by cycled with the right magnasave button. To some the table seemed way to dark in areas while others had no discernible issues, I believe it's due to color space issues across tvs/monitors so 3 LUT's are included that should serve most circumstances.
This has been an awesome learning experience and taken many months of work, so please do NOT mod without permission. Thanks all, I hope you enjoy!
Nothing special. Created with vpx 10.6
1.0 Initial upload
- Fixed issue with ball getting stuck behind pop bumpers at the end of the golden bridge
- Edited subway ramps so ball should not get stuck after falling through the 25k hole in the upper PF
- Rendered new upper and lower play-fields, the flipper shadows were accidentally baked in
- Edited the LUT cycling code so the LUT selected in script options actually starts with the table
- Minor light fixes
- Fixed the flupperflash materials so it should cucle properly... I think (thanks sliderpoint)
- Fixed ball stuck issue occurring underneath the upper play field near the rear VUK (Thanks to Tom for re-editing the subway walls and to Stat for extensive testing)
- Extended the gate to the escape door so that ball can no longer slip by when escape treasure is active
1.3 - Important Update
- Refined the area underneath the upper play field to fix the ball lost issue once and for all
- Complete redraw of all inserts, everything should be way more legible now
- Added an alternate texture for the bridge at the request of some facebook members, it's an indiana jones style rickety wooden bridge texture decal on a lucite ramp. It's not original to the table, but I think it adds some cohesiveness to the table as every section is covered in art except for the bridge! I've turned on the texture by default, but you can disable it in the script options in the header as set it back to the previous texture. Thanks to Ray Pritchard for getting me started on this!
- This topic has 149 replies, 55 voices, and was last updated 1 week, 2 days ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.