my first table. this is a heavy mod based on 32assassin's great Fathom, which is based on Unclewilly's version, so all credits and thanks go to these two.
What I did: - completely remade playfield in 4k resolution (by stitching images from the web and partially redrawing, even bought a font for that job!) - completely remade plastics in 4k resolution (same way) - made new bumper caps from scratch - reworked or changed many objects, images and materials - completely remade all lights and illumination - apron reworked - "live" mirror metal wall at the top (only the ball is not reflected, don't know, how to do that) - and many other things, I don't remember anymore
Physics (only minor changes): - made the table slightly slower - ! repositioned the rubber posts at the wicked vertical outlane, so that there's at least a small chance so save the ball from draining by nudging ! Btw, this is also the case for the real table as seen in videos on the web, so no cheating.
The aim of this version was to get it as close to the original vintage table (yellow tint, vintage light bulbs a.s.o) As I already mentiond in the WIP thread, I will also make a second version, which will look like a polished Fathom with LED lights, plastics and playfield repros a.s.o. The desktop view needs a liitle more work, but is already quite ok now. Maybe I'll release an update in the future. Big thanks go to roar, who provided me with images of plastics and to all the cool people, who made and contributed to VP and the great always helping community!
- added option for yellow flipper rubbers. I don't like it, but from authenticy reasons (fathom was first released with yellow rubbers) it makes sense. - added ball and flipper shadows (Ninuzzu ?) inspired by Haunt
- made from scratch*
Clean recources for future use (playfield and plasic decals) are in the image manager (unused).
* after I made it I found another one on my hd, which is rather similar (obviously we used the same source) but I don't remember at all, where I have it from.
- insert reflection on ball (thanks a lot jipeji16)
- script correction to get the correct logic for left hand targets dropping the targets in front of the caves (thanks a lot to roar for bringing this up, BorgDog, gtxjoe and Thalamus for solving it)
- dynamic light/shadows for the 1-2-3 dropdown targets
- This topic has 36 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 months, 2 weeks ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.