updated Gottlieb Ball Gate brackets and flap. Includes somewhat lower poly version ones for those that want that sort of thing.
Made off measurements from real ones, as close as I could make it.
SEE INSTALLATION NOTES, PLEASE.
Brackets and Flap size at 100,100,100. All are setup so X and Y are the same for the bracket and the flap. ObjRotZ for gates and flap set the same as the vp gate object rotation.
Double gate bracket set at Z of 0, flap at a Z of 73.
Single/older gate bracket set to Z of top of table arch it rests on, flap at a Z of 18 units higher than the bracket.
Gate will only open about 45 degrees before hitting the bracket so you will want to have your animation script like:
as the vp gates will open to 90. The real gates also don't flop around much at all so using the gate physics I set damping at 0.85 and gravity at 2 for a reasonable approximation.
NOTE the - change added to the scripting due to new objects.
1.1 - update
- combined both gate primitives into this package
- rotated and set origin of primitives so that both gate and flap have same X and Y
- also set so the primitve ObjRotZ can be set the same as the vp gate rotation value
- included lower poly versions, still look fine to me
1.0 initial release
- This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 10 months, 1 week ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.