I loved GOTG ever since I first played it and when I got into VPX it was the first game I wanted to play but alas it didn’t exist and everything I read people said it never would. So I decided that had to change and set out to create my first VPX table. It was a lot to learn in a short amount of time but I had some great help along the way.
I hope everyone enjoys it. I did my very best to make it as close to the real one as possible. If something is incorrect its not because it wasn’t possible I just probably missed it.
DOWNLOAD THE PUPPACK - LINK IN THE INSTALLATION TAB.
PupPack: For the full experience you will want PuP so go get the latest one installed. There are batch files in the root of the puppack folder that set things up for the different table configs I support. I also coded the Real DMD that can be used by itself since I don’t like something sitting there blank. Ultra is in there but I don’t recommend it. It a very last resort.
NOTE: YOU WILL NEED 1.4.5 PINUP: https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=release_notes
Defaults to LCD DMD now. IF YOU HAVE A REAL DMD: In the script set line 45, DMD MODE to 1
There is also a README.txt that explain the script options at the top for things like CLELAND music mode, callouts, table vibration etc..
Please post comments regarding things I might have missed. I might not respond but I will gather them all up and evaluate each one to verify with the real table.
Note: Pup changes in 1.0.1 were minimal so if you are not having issues you might want to just leave it. Pup changes were: Overall size/merge reduced pack to reduce flicker, Volume on Mystery trigger, End song, Terrys new 4:3 screen setup.
- Have pinup installed and working first. You must have pinup for this game.
- Link to pup-pack: Pick either link, they are both the same file
- Unzip the GOTG-1.x.x-PupPack.zip file into your pupvideos folder
- Copy your VPX files to the Tables folder
- Launch & enjoy
For more options - Check the top of the script to turn on ultradmd if you want, change to CLELAND MODE, change volumes, vibration etc.
8/14/2020 -Version 1.0.0 - Initial Release
8/16/2020 - added more details to the instructions on the description page
8/17/2020 - Vpnation pup links were bad
8/22/2020 - Version 1.0.1
- Fixed crash when hitting ramps on SiblingRivalry 2
- Fixed crash when b2s is off
- Fixed bug where mystery extra ball gives you another ball when you are supposed to be in player select.
- Stopped b2s controller on table exit
- Updated pup triggers to fix Crash on Exit
- Added a FontScale and FontScaleDmd for different aspect ratios
- Pressing Credit while holding the Left flipper toggles music between Original and CLELAND
- Added LockBarKey to defaults for stern button
- Fixed Crash with Ultra because undefined PupFunction
- Added in orbital scoreboard (Disabled by default)
- Added 4th Display option for 4:3/5:4 or vertical screen for backglass
- Added plunger sound
- Added end song for Cleland and original
- Normalized videos to be the same size and frame rate
- Holding flippers during cherry bomb could get semi-stuck in instant info
- Fixed mystery is lit sound being too loud.
- Reset flippers states when game is ove
8/23/2020 - Updated Install Notes
9/21/2020 - Version 1.2.0
- Toby helped me fix billboard/standup above scoop so it doesn’t look blurry (Also fixed blur on Groot)
- Added small wall to prevent ball from getting stuck in left outlane
- Quills Quest didn’t give progress the first time you hit the scoop
- DOF Enhancements - Thanks James D.
- Music leveling - I didn't get it all in but thanks to Rajo for the help
- Trimmed game over song to 30 seconds like original game
- VR Support with lots of table fixes – Thanks Toby!!!
- Locked all objects in editor so that they were not inadvertently moved.
- Changed 12 primitives on layer 9 called "Post Plastic+Fluro(OnlyScrewCap)" to "PostFluroOSC(num)" as the original name was too long and was crashing the editor (thanks to DJRobX for compiling a version of VPX which let you edit out-of-range filenames).
- Changed layers assets were on to free up layer 11 for VR stuff and to organise them for better visibility, dropped editor detail for some primitives.
- Changed cabinet blade primitive and added new higher res blade image, added script switch to change back to old sideblades.
- Added Stern Spike 2 cabinet and VR Room primitives to Layer 11, including importing images and materials.
- Added "VRStuff" collection and put all of the VR objects in it.
- Added VR Room switch to turn on or off the vr room primitives (Line 36) and the code to control (Lines 97-136)
- Added lockdown bar "fire" button, switchable between Apron (cabinet/desktop) and lockdown bar (VR mode) (lines 97-136)
- Added timer plunger code (Lines 1226-1229) so sync VR shooter rod with table plunger.
- Added -15 height wall called "trigger" and assigned all playfield triggers to use it as a surface to drop them to the correct height.
- Repositioned all flasher primitives to correctly sit on the plastics.
- Replaced "Flasherlight" lights with secondary "FlasherFlash" flashers so they can be angled with the table slope, you shouldn't even notice. (5157 - 5375)
- Made MetalPost(Point)4 (Layer 9) visible as it wasn't (hidden underneath right ramp), was a "floating" rubber.
- Added deeper wood for all playfield holes.
- Updated apron primitive including UVmap so that it looked OK in reverse angle.
- Made apron wall visible, changed material and tidied up apron underneath.
- Fixed plunger audio and positional sound.
- Repositioned billboard and all assets on billboard aligned.
- Changed depth bias settings for ramps, blades and flashers.
- Changed Groot mouth wall (Wall017) to stop losing balls under plastics.
- Change height of wall001 and wall005 ramp triggers to match ramp height, removed collidable status.
- Repositioned ramp rubber bungs (Primitive2)
- Added missing flathead screws to ramp entrances
- Added missing mounting poles to left and right slings, added pole to right inlane guide, removed old redundant screwheads.
- Adjusted spinner to stop it clipping through the plastics.
- Added sleeves to hexpoles on playfield level, removed doubled up sleeves.
- Cut GI so it doesn't stick out sides of cabinet
- This topic has 432 replies, 211 voices, and was last updated 1 hour, 36 minutes ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.