This mod is intended to supplement the awesome and superior official release GNR VPX table made by the highly talented Team PP/JPJ. Originally I made this mode purely for my own use then decided to share it on VPForums. Full credit goes to Team PP/JPJ for their time and effort, thanks guys!
My references for this mod were old YouTube videos and fuzzy images online, mainly of Slash's own GNR table as it was new in the 90's because my aim was to try to replicate the look of a stock/non-modded GNR table. I have not had the luxury of seeing a real GNR table since 2004, I was 6 then so cannot remember the fine details.
I am also a VP noob and know nothing other than how to change very basic superficial stuff. The GNR table is one of my absolute favorites and although not yet perfect it's still great fun! Unfortunately I haven't had time to learn (and wont have in the foreseeable future) how to use the VP software properly so I can make some noticeable tweaks.
In case any Visual Pinball experts feel the urge, these are the changes required that I am currently aware of;
- Lower play-field dimensions to be corrected (ie flippers, apron etc all moved down to reveal Axl's neck banner and the girls on either side)
- 2 spotlights missing in the upper play-field area
- More depth/higher sidewalls to the G and R ramps
- Slight bend to the G ramp in the southern corner
- 2 railings missing near the top flipper
- All images enhanced to 4k
- Reflective sidewalls
- Back-wall flashers corrected
- Play-field object reflections
- Top flipper made more distinct from the wall beneath
Finally a very special thanks to JPJ for saving the day and being willing to re-visit the official release GNR VPX table for fixes and improvements.
PS. Highly recommended with PinSound!