Hardbody (Bally 1987)
Please read before installation/ and also read the changelog tab to see the difference between versions:
Rom not included, if you don't have it google two words....pinball....and the second word is the best alternative grunge rock band of my generation.
Place included hardbody.nv file in your vpinmame/nvram folder
Thanks to Matt, Mlager8, for teaming up once again to bring you Hardbody. Original playfield from Tab on VPF, Matt took both and worked his magic to make them look even better, We did a lot of work to get this table not only playing smoothly but looking great. Matt did all the chrome walls and ramps in Maya and they look amazing. Lots of play testing and sound work by Thalamus, thanks again.
To get the ramps to go up you have to complete all 4 sections and hit the inner loop when the white arrow is lit.
This table had flex flippers that are assigned to magnasave buttons. They will automatically trigger if the rollovers are hit also. Once they are hit, they take a few seconds to reset for use again.
Thanks to all contributors:
32assassin: Converting to VPX and initial scripting
Thalamus: All the sounds, SSF, extensive play testing
Randr: Scripting the ramps
Cyberpez: scripting the back target wall reflections
Mlager8: Primitive ramps, Apron, playfield, plastic artwork, rendered walls, translite, etc
Wildman: for updating b2s over at VPU
1.0 Initial Version
1.1 Desktop fix, moved light, new desktop backdrop
1.3 Major physics change after getting my real one done and playing it
- Plunger- it takes a full plunge to get it in play every time
- Flippers- Bally put way too strong of flippers on these games. Alot of plastics and targets get broken so i ramped them up.
- Station 3 tragets- when you hit these, about 90% of the time the ball goes airborne and sometimes it hits the top glass. I had to add a small invisible ramp in front of the targets to get the jumping effect. Also there have been times on the real one where the ball has hit the target and then jumped over on the left plastic and rolled back down. If you want the ball to jump really high like this then click on Ramp021, select the second from the top point and change the height offset to like 2.5 or maybe even 2.6.
-Playfield friction- The playfield is very fast from the factory, i just waxed mine so its probably even faster. If you like a slower play then stick with version 1.1
- This topic has 51 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks, 1 day ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.