By DJRobX & Dids666
Plastics renderings and dynamic drop shadow technique by Bord
Special thanks to:
Stern for creating this fun table. Go put some quarters in a real machine soon! Knorr for his Stern Apron prim. Destruk, TAB, bmiki75 for the previous versions of this table that were used as a reference for this one VPX and VPinmame dev teams NFozzy, Rothbauerw for their excellent physics tutorial and fading lights classes. Ninuzzu, JPSalas and others who have contributed script and other bits that make this work! Nailbuster for his autoQA script G5k, Nailbuster, TerryRed, Flupper, Freezy and all of the other inspirational contributors that keep this hobby interesting RandR, Dazz, and Noah Fentz for hosting our community
About this Table
Straight up, the resources we had weren't great. There's no pretty 4k playfield scan, no crisp plastic scans. Photoshop and upscalers can only take it so far. If better resources become available we will update the table!
1) The ROM complains a lot about "possibly broken" switches. The switches that the diagnostic report identifies are very random.
2) The game may hang onto a ball at the pop entrance under the roulette wheel. I've caught this a couple times and confirmed that VPinMame thinks Switch 32 is active but the test menu shows it is not. So this must be either a bug in the game code or a bug in the emulation, probably the latter. Once the game does a ball hunt it will let go of it, so it's not a showstopper.
3) The roulette wheel is fairly complex for VPX. In multiball, if it dumps 3+ balls onto it at once, some of that dogpiling activity may slow down some systems. MaxBallsRoulette will delay autoplunges to try to mitigate this.
This table is for personal use only, and should not be included with a commercial product.
This table will be free to mod without permission after Septeember 1,2020. Before then, please reach out to DJRobX or Dids666 before distributing mods of this table.
About physics and POVs: Everyone has a different opinions on these. Did wanted something that plays a bit slower like Whodunnit so that is the physics profile we went with. Most of the table is actually set according to the NFozzy/Rothbauerw guidelines, so you can import the physics set from NFozzy's T2 and it will play faster, if you prefer that. The POV was chosen to maximize the view of the roulette wheel and the ball that appears underneath it. Feel free to experiment and share .POV files amongst yourselves if you come up with something you like better.
Vpinmame 3.3 rev 4895 or later is REQUIRED! This table has a 4-solenoid stepper motor that cannot be read correctly without this code update.
1.0 Initial release
1.1 Corrected PF dimensions (noticed by Kiwi) DOF updates by Arngrim Fix tilt switch by Thalamus. Fix right upper sling, sometimes not firing due to incorrect alignment. Fix VPM hiding in FS mode Updated backwall Lights New pop bumpers, with color LED mod! You can go back to plain white in the script settings if you prefer. Updated, re-rendered flashers Other PF material/lighting tweaks by Bigus1
- This topic has 93 replies, 49 voices, and was last updated 7 months, 1 week ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.