Capcom's Pinball Magic. Original table by Unclewilly.
Unclewilly did a great job on a very challenging build. I would have never taken on this project without all the hard work he did on this table. This has been on my to do list for the better part of a year and I finally found the inspiration to complete it.
The original build was never fully functional. Thanks to DJRobX for his help figuring out all the switches, timings, and other things to get the stage area all working correctly (btw, DJRobX is crazy smart!).
Also, special thanks to randr for his help with modeling, miscellaneous questions, testing, and smart ass comments. The hand primitive is his. He's also responsible for making me implement the moving eyes and he did all thee art work.
- Lighting has all been updated and is now more accurate to design
- Updated spiral ramp physics
- Fully functional, stage area now works correctly as does the hand and magnet (you can now fully execute "Silence the Critics"
- Add missing items such as screws and nuts
- Updated flashers using Flupper's octadomes
- Added playfield, flipper, and ball shadows
- Added/enhanced mechanical sounds
- Surround Sound
- Adjusted the update timer to improve performance
- Added a BypassMagnet option to prevent the rom from initiating magnet coil protection. Enabled by default and allows the game to flow the way the designers intended. Requires "E122 I28" to be added to the shaker in DOF config. I've submitted an update request to the default config.
- High resolution apron by Draifet (also thanks to CarnyPriest and Steve Ellenhoff)
- Enhanced "Gameon" solenoid simulation. Flippers, bumper, and slings disable on tilt, end of ball, and game over. For DOF users, added E110 for left flipper and E111 for right flipper. Users should replace S48 and S46 with E110 and E111 in the DOF Config Tool or contactors will fire anytime the flipper is pressed.
- Added option to script to disable "Gameon" solenoid simulation should you have any issues with it (you shouldn't, but just in case).
- Minor visual and physics enhancement
- Disabled flippers when all balls are in the trough
- Improved geometry of loop (looks accurate to behavior in videos)
- Adjusted insert lights for more accurate coloring
- Added a few visual adjustments, screws and posts (Draifet)
- Fix ball stuck on skill shot
- Cleaned and added Rob's playfield (DJRobX)
- Updated some lighting to adjust for new playfield
- Added a flash under the hand for the spinner flasher
- Added misc items, not all of them :) (Draifet)
- Added smooth eye animation
- Adjustment to wand switch to improved reliability sometime causing "silence the critics" to malfunction.
- Added missing decal (Draifet)
- Updated hand animation (DJRobX)
- A couple of minor physics updates
- Fixed tilt switch (was set to 14, now set to 10) (bawouait)
- Minor ball shadow update
- This topic has 89 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 months, 3 weeks ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.