Reply To: The brag up your 2019 thread

Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

Happy new years everyone!

2019 was probably a record low for me in terms of contributing VP content.  It’s more of a time issue and I was getting pretty burned out on modelling pinball stuff so I kind of needed the break any ways.  As they say however, distance makes the heart grow fonder and I’ve really been craving to get involved again.  So more recently I’ve tried to fit smaller scale projects in here and there with a ‘no promises’ tag attached.

Though I haven’t been as active I’ve still been around lurking, keeping an eye on development.  I’m more than half tempted to make a ‘stubby cab’ and look into getting things running in VR.  What do you guys think is VR the future of vpx and or virtual pinball in general?  I kind of would like to build a full sized cab with a 4k playfield some day but one thing that is a real detractor is the floor space it would take up.

Any ways I’ve been fascinated to see things develop and see new tables come out and vpx itself evolve into it’s current iteration.  Appreciate everyone’s hard work and it’s what inspires me to get more involved again (I’m still trying to catch up adding a lot of the nice new tables!).

I’m still pretty short on time currently but as the year goes on more free time should open up for me and I should hopefully be able to take on some more ambitious projects.  I have a few older models I’d like to update with normal bump maps as well as a couple I’d like to try from scratch that I’ve been gathering resources for.  When randr has more free time as well I’d like to work with him to reproduce one of the machines he owns – love working with the guy so hopefully the stars will align to make that happen.  :)

Something that would really spark my interests right now would be some new resources found from some deep forgotten abyss for a more obscure 90’s era pinball that we haven’t seen a good recreation of since vp9 or older.  A lot of the titles aren’t ones people generally go crazy over but I’d like to see Godzilla made since it has cool toys and crazy looking ramps for example.  I’d like to see good resources for Waterworld maybe just because it’s so obscure.  This was kind of what made me feel inclined to help out on the Goldeneye wip, just because it’s one of those more obscure tables but has some really cool features.  Any ways you get the idea, I just wish we could source some new resources for some tables that feel like they’re being lost to time.  Six degrees of separation would have us think those hidden resources are just a few phone calls away.

Best of luck to everyone in 2020

Dark

3dcreation

5 users thanked author for this post.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?