Reply To: Twilight Zone Skitso Detail Mod

Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

Just a couple of notes on this file. It is FSS and VR ready (active backglass and DMD). To use in VR, sent the VROn option in the script to True. There is also an option for those with dual leaf switches for their flipper buttons.

I am in the process of porting over the @senseless VR room for this table. If I can get a little better performance out of it, we’ll be posting it soon.

One thing I notice with the VR room (with 3 cabinets) is it uses the cabinet’s built by 3rdaxis (which are great) but the coin doors in particular are high poly, sure they are great to look at upon approaching the table but I don’t think they are worth spending so many polygons on.  When I converted the cabinet for my JPark table on sketchfab I ended up just generating a normal map from the texture map and making it a flat reducing the poly count by 95%.  It doesn’t look nearly as good as the fully modeled version but it works.  I know there’s a lot of people with powerful PC’s who think spending a few extra thousand polys (or hundreds of thousands in some cases) is not worth worrying about since they notice no performance difference but all these things add up.  If you’re able to observe professional level quality VR games in a wireframe mode you would be surprised to see how low poly and efficient they’ve made everything.

3dcreation

1 user thanked author for this post.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?