Reply To: RESOLVED: Popper loads tables much slower than standalone VPX

jdsabin1
Participant
    @jdsabin1

Not that this fixed my issue but I did realize that my SSD wasn’t performing as well as it should.

1. Download a SSD speed tester (google SSD Speed Test and download the free AS SSD Benchmark – 2nd link). Capture read/write times on your SSD.
    2. Make sure the SSD is connected to a SATA 3.0 port. Mine was connected to my 2.0 port and I just switched it and now it has double read/write speed!
    3. Make sure AHCI is enabled in your bios.
    4. Re-run speed tests if you had to make changes.
    5. Test table in VPX.

You should be getting a minimum of 500 mb/s read/write and I would expect to see similar load times in VPX (25-30 seconds) as mine.

Let me know your results.

Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it. I think you are correct. The SSD is an area where I haven’t really done much at all in terms of testing or investigating. I did everything else I could think of (updated the BIOS, SFC scans, you name it). All came back great. At the sake of working with technology that isn’t the latest, I went ahead and got the Samsung 970 PRO M.2 2280 512GB PCIe Gen 3.0 x4, NVMe 1.3 SSD to replace my earlier Samsung 250gb SSD. Supposedly the performance gains are through the roof so we’ll see if that had anything to do with it. It arrives tomorrow so I will be installing that and seeing how hard it is to clone the contents of the old SSD to this one. I hope it isn’t a situation where I spend a week trying to get it to work ;). I will report back once that is completed. Thank you again.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?