Reply To: World Cup Soccer (Bally 1994)

Retrorepair
Participant
    @retrorepair

Been waiting for this for ages and it’s absolutely amazing!

A few things of note though:

The football seems to have it’s own centre of gravity :) If the ball is passing the left of it, at least sometimes it will suck it toward the football and fling it round.

Also the goalie doesn’t seem to move very naturally, mostly an asthetic thing I guess.

Lastly, the flipper rubbers don’t seem to have much bounce to them, is that right? I forget but I’m sure on my real WCS94 when the ball ejected from the TV it bounced from the left flipper to the right?

Otherwise it’s just beautiful and plays just how I remember it, all the losses are familiar too.

TAF next? ;)

Well, the rotation force is not done by the soccerball toy. Its done with a trigger that calculates a ball on a spinning disk. The invisible disk has to be slightly bigger then the soccerball otherwise the ball can´t touch the disk itself. So its alot of faking going on here.

For the tv kick. I saw some who kicked to the center of the left flipper, but some kicked more to the edge of the inlane metal which i like more.

You can set up the flipper bounce quite easy to your prefered behaviour. Go to layer one, select each flipper, activate the options window on the left. In the options window go to physics and change the elasticy to a higher value.

I really hate the comparison of “the real” one. VP is not real, and it will never be. The physics has so many flaws. Its not a matter of how good you set them up, it more like how much you can avoid weird stuff. And there is also not a standard for every table. Each one acts a bit different. And as soon as you change the tables x,y,z size you can start over again.

Regards, Adam

Well it’s hard not drawing parallels with the real table since it is a recreation and I’ve owned one too. I know what you mean though.

It’s still an amazing table and probably my favorite now on VPX. I didn’t mean to be negative just know a lot of people are excited and won’t point out potential bugs.

Thank you so much for your efforts, it’s very much appreciated and will be very much enjoyed!

1 user thanked author for this post.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?