Reply To: Jaws Ultimate Pro – PinEvent

TerryRed
    @terryred
    MemberContributorModerator

I did you could do this

How do you do this? – FP Backglass disabled

Here is how I disable the FP Backglass (only for PinEvent tables) with Pinup Popper:

I add this to the top of my FP Launch script (before FP gets launched)…

REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "ArcadeMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "SecondMonitorEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

if "[custom1]"=="NoBackGlass" (REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "ArcadeMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f)
    if "[custom1]"=="NoBackGlass" (REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "SecondMonitorEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f)

Then for any PinEvent tables… in Games Manager I add NoBackGlass to the “Custom Launch Parameter” field.

So what happens is… first the Backglass and Arcade Mode are enabled… but then if the Game being launched has NoBackGlass in the the “Custom Launch Parameter” field, then those settings get disabled.

You can also add the two lines to re-enable the Backglass on your Close/Exit script:

REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "ArcadeMode" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Future Pinball\GamePlayer" /v "SecondMonitorEnable" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

Works perfect once setup…and its really easy with Popper. Just copy paste into your Launch and Close Script.

You need to disable Arcade Mode if the FP Backglass is also disabled…because the game wont run properly (timers….videos..sounds…will be out of sync).

So then, you MUST have BAM’s “Force Arcade Mode” enabled in the BAM in-game menu. You can only access this when FP’s Arcade mode in Video settings is disabled. This is because you need the Static CAM view for cabinet use (since arcade mode is disabled)

Update: I added this to the PinEvent Install guide.

1 user thanked author for this post.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?