Reply To: Jaws Ultimate Pro – PinEvent

TerryRed
    @terryred
    MemberContributorModerator

Thanks for all your Efforts Terry. Amazing work modernizing FP.

I’m still struggling with DOF.. reviewed everything again after a good nights sleep but no luck.

Can you share some insight of what is being checked to determine if DOF is present when the vbs script checks? e.g a registry entry? file in a certain location? some dll loaded in memory? or ???

I’m really baffled since DOF works for all my emulators except for FP with PE.

Thanks!

That vbs code I showed you for checking DOF in PinEvent I got from @Nailbuster. It basically checks to see if the DOF com object is present (or accessable)…and if it isn’t… then DOF options won’t be enabled in PinEvent.

Some people who had similar problems with Popper’s DOF as well… and it’s almost always a Windows security issue:

From the PuP wiki:

troubleshooting: you must run PopperDoctor to test the com interface to DOF. Just because DOF works in vpx/fp fine doens’t mean the DOF comobject for DOF works (this is part of DOF setup not Popper). Popper uses the DOF comobject to interface with DOF, if it worked before and now it doesn’t there’s really only two things that could go wrong. 1> Anti-Virus removed files (check AV log) 2> Security blocks Popper from accessing the DOF com object (try lowering/changing your UAC).

Many have noticed that DOF works fine if running PinUP Popper as normal user and now fails if running as-admin. This is a windows security issue, but the best solution is NOW it is suggested to turn off-admin mode on ALL exes on your cab. So remove run-as-admin on everything from Popper, FPLoader, VPX or any other emulators. That should fix most security problems. Remember to turn off DOFLinx ‘run as admin’ if you are using it as well (latest DofLinx versions works as normal user too).

You can check this solution out and see if it helps. It involves the DOF com object and the registry:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=dof_registry&s%5B%5D=dof

1 user thanked author for this post.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?