Reply To: Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein (Sega 1995) v1.0

Dark
    @dark
    vipMemberContributor

@Dark

I don’t really feel like the angle is the main problem. The main problem is the head movement and the reflections not moving with it. If you really think about it VPXI would not be the solution for this. It would eliminate the angle POV problem, but with the camera not moving the reflections would still look like a decal! BAM headtracking or VR in combination with VPXI would be the only 100% solution!

Yeah that’s more or less what I was getting at being so POV dependent but even without any head tracking, on your HOT TIP table for example, there isn’t too much to ‘give away the effect’ like the dmd on Frank.  So technically if we stand in front of cabinet and stay relatively still our immersion shouldn’t be jarred too badly but the dmd reflection being static ruins the immersion even if standing still.

I really like how the table turned out but I seem to struggle with the plastic ramp shot, it’s really hard to hit with a cradled ball, the vector/trajectory to hit the ramp is such a small window.  I think this is probably fairly realistic to the real table but I think it should maybe have friction reduced on the ramp part slightly or something to make it more possible to hit it with cradled balls without it rolling back down,  maybe the guy in the game play video I watched was just really good but he doesn’t seem to struggle hitting it with cradled balls so much.  While it’s not impossible to hit the ramp with a cradled ball, it’s far more likely to successfully hit it with a rolling ball.

3dcreation

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?