Reply To: Future Pinball and BAM Mega-Guide by TerryRed (DOF, PUP, SSF, VR and Front-Ends)

TerryRed
    @terryred
    MemberContributorModerator

Given that all other applications were working fine, I was hoping it would as well for FP (I like my screen arrangements to be logical :-))

A few additionnal points for everyone benefit that you might want to include in your guide:

• I had to run DOFLinx in admin for PinUp Popper to correctly start FP with DOF. I would otherwise get “Access Denied” errors when launching either PinEvent or regular DOF FP tables, errors which I did not get when launching directly from the desktop. Popper is run in Admin, as per instructions. Not sure if this is linked to my setup.
    • I’m still running into BG config problems, ie now that my FP backglass is on the correct screen, it actually take over PuP on at least Jaws PinEvent table (so I don’t get the PuP backglass). I read through the installation procedure for Jaws and realized there is a pointer to another guide for “PuP-Packs on Top” (from, guess who, Terry…), which is not directly linked from the main guide (unless I missed it, which I could have). No big deal, a Google search did the trick, but you might want to add this in the PuP section (sidenote: doesn’t BAM allow to disable the backglass, and could it do so through a command line parameter ?)

Next step, trying VR with my Oculus Quest running Oculus Link

Admin issues are specific to each person’s setup and security settings. This is why I mentioned in the guide that running FPLoader.exe as Admin may be needed for some…and it shouldn’t be for others. Same goes for front-ends. There isn’t a single “one setting for admin combo” that work for everyone. For DOFLinx…same thing. Some need it as Admin, others don’t. I’ve had it where I didn’t need anything in my system set to Run as Admin.

For Jaws U-Pro PinEvent and Backglass problems… there are solutions in the Jaws Install Instructions and more so in the PinEvent install Instructions. Not just PuP-Packs on Top… but also the better solution of disabling the FP Backglass and Arcade Mode for PinEvent tables only (so nothing blocks the pup-pack…similar to a directb2s blocking it in VPX). There are a couple of options I show with the registry commands needed to do that already in the PinEvent Install Guide.

In this FP and BAM Mega Guide… the FAQ tells you to goto the Pinevent guide for problems with PinEvent tables. I don’t keep PinEvent related info and problems here as that is a very big topic that also includes PuP setup and problems related with that.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?