Reply To: RetroFlair BAM Edition – PinEvent

TerryRed
    @terryred
    MemberContributorModerator

Thank you for helping work through this Terry. I’ve been doing all of this with DofLinx not running and launching BAM and the table directly, not thru my front end. I’ve gone through and confirmed that FP, BAM, and all other programs are NOT running as Admin. I then followed the steps you gave.

• be sure FuturePinball.exe is NOT Run as Admin (Confirmed it is NOT ADMIN)
    • set FPloader.exe to NOT Run as Admin (Confirmed it is NOT ADMIN)
    • be sure the PinEvent vbs files are not blocked by Windows (I use 7-Zip and then looked at the properties on each and the “Unblock” button was not shown)
    • be sure the COM Extensions file is not blocked by Windows (Didn’t see the “Unblock” button. I do see COM Extension in the Plugin section within BAM. The only option that is shown the security level which I have set to “Same as VPX Don’t Care”)
    • disable all DOF and PUP options in PinEvent_Settings.vbs for the mode you are trying to use (Desktop, Cabinet/Arcade mode, VR) if the table now runs fine with DOF and all PUP features disabled… then PinEvent vbs files are working! (I adjusted my Profile #2 so that everything was false and the table loaded)
    • now try enabling either DOF or PUP options (all pup features on or off together). Only one or the other!

see what DEBUG window tells you to help narrow it down if you can get one or the other working on their own, that is good (I set my PUP options to true and the table loaded and the videos all played as expected. In the Debug window I saw the line “START PUP” When I only had DOF set to true I had no videos and the line in the Debug window said “DOF not Installed or Detected”. When I had them all set to true I had the videos and the same line about DOF not Installed)

• you may need to Run FPLoader.exe as ADMIN or NOT as Admin. Try both. (Tried it but was the same)
    • its possible that either DOF or PUP will work with Admin set one way, but the other may not

if that is the case… then some of your pup files may be set to Run as Admin (and should NOT be Run as Admin) or your DOF install may be restricting access to FP because of security / admin issues

ideally… nothing on your system should need to be Run as Admin at all so it all works nicely together (I also checked my UAC setting and it is set to the lowest possible setting. Not sure how else to set it to help)

I also tried the parallel install that Coreduo had success with it didn’t work for me. I still have DOF and MX effects working on the DofLinx version of the Retro table so that is good. Not sure why I lost the MX effects on the Pink Floyd table, I still have the feedback on that, although almost every bumper wants to activate the flipper contactors and not the associated solenoid. But one problem at a time.

So we know the PinEvent is working as it activate the videos, it just doesn’t have access to DOF and it appears that Pinup Menu doesn’t either for some reason.

Not sure if you have been here or tried this:

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=dof_registry&s%5B%5D=dof

1 user thanked author for this post.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?