Reply To: RetroFlair BAM Edition – PinEvent

TerryRed
    @terryred
    MemberContributorModerator

If DOFLinx is not able to make a LINK with a FP table that has DOFLinx support… then it will fallback to its “key to output” functions. This means that any FP table will make your flipper solenoids go off EVERYTIME you press the flipper button, no matter what is happening.

So you may not have doflinx making a proper connection to the FP Link for the table, and its just triggering your flipper solenoids on each button press.

DOFLinx works completely different than PinEvent. DOFLinx needs to use a workaround to open communication to FP. If that isn’t working the DOFLinx commands in the table won’t do anything for DOF.

PinEevent tables access and use DOF directly the same way VPX does (actually more direct than VPX tables normally do).

I’ll add more clarification to the guide. It says you “may” need to adjust UAC for DOF. This is true… in that UAC, Admin access all are part of the same problem. Sadly I can’t say one setting is right or wrong because everyone’s install and setup could have been done differently for DOF.. and that affects all of this. Luckily pup works fine for most as long as they didn’t mess with any pup files. :)

I have suspected that my DOF wasn’t completely correct on some tables, but it appears to be more than just the Key to Output. For example, on the DofLinx version of RetroFlair when I hit the spinner on the left side my right flipper contactor engages for every revolution. I notice that the LEDs in my buttons also flash in sync with it. Almost like it is firing every output I have, but it is happening off of the spinner while I’m not pushing any buttons. The PinEvent version doesn’t do that. The bumper field triggers my mid field solenoids, the slingshots trigger those solenoids and I only hear my flipper contactors when I press my flipper buttons.

So I completely agree that I am not establishing a link with DOFLinx on these other tables. I was experiencing similar performance with my FX3 tables. After registering the Com Object file as Administrator I placed a couple of those tables and now they seem to be running more accurately.

Which brings me back to the fact that I must not being linking to DOFLinx with these FP tables, but I am getting MX effects that are accurately based on the events of the FP tables (bumpers, slingshots, launch ball effects) So what can I check to try to figure out where my break is? The Debugging code you put in PinEvent was very helpful as we could quickly see I didn’t have a connection to DOF. I ran the DofLinx tables in Debug but didn’t see anything helpful.

DOFlinx is a completely different thing to PinEvent. The tables won’t give you any info. You need to run DOFLinx in it’s own DEBUG mode, which is enabled in the doflinx.ini

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?