Reply To: Daily video WIP for Seawitch build [COMPLETE]

Scottacus
Participant
    @scottacus
    MembervipContributor

At first I was hoping it would generate a bunch of discussion over techniques, maybe help identify a topic or two that would standout for a more in-depth tutorial. Now I’m just hoping someone takes a single idea from any of these and makes their project a little better or easier or both.

There are so many aspects of  Blender that you use in building these tables that it is overwhelming but one aspect that I think is incredibly important to advancing VP is the physics.  The ability to set different material properties for different segments of a rubber is critical in getting a VP table to play as close to the real thing as possible.  When this is coupled with nFozzy’s and Roth’s dampening script you can really dial a table in.

I’ve been busy with other projects and authoring tables that I rarely play VP tables.  Yesterday I tried playing some of my favorite tables from the past and I hate to admit it but they were kind of painful to play.  The physics were just so off, especially the rubber posts. I know how much time and energy it takes to bring these tables to VP but when a ball bounces off of a post and screams back to the center drain just as fast or faster than it went up the table, that is just hard to watch.  In the past I guess I just didn’t notice because I didn’t own any real pins and I don’t play real tables on a regular basis.

I would love to have some quick way to pull off the rubbers from a table, set segments of them as posts and perhaps even subdivide the central rubber section, bring these back into VP with material settings and tack on nFozzy’s scripting and timers.  Not that I’m really interested in modding others tables but I’d really like to have them all play well as well as the ones Bord produces if that makes any sense?

1 user thanked author for this post.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?