1st build 32″/24″/10″ follow along! All input welcome!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    iwantchipz
    Participant
      @iwantchipz

Whats going on you guys? Been working on my first build that will have a 32 inch playfield, 24 inch back box monitor, and a 10.1 LED/DMD.

Going to be running this PC:

.AMD Ryzen 5 3600

.16GB Memory

.NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER

.500GB SSD

IMG_5841 2

Here are the 3 monitors ill be using:

.LG 32GK650F-B 32″ QHD Gaming Monitor with 144Hz https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FLGR2PN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

.LG 24M47VQ 24-Inch LED https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W95RR32/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

. Elecrow 10.1 Inch 1920×1080 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076GZVCP2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Heres a few early build pics:

IMG_2147

IMG_1575

IMG_9903

IMG_7874

I ended up building the whole frame and back box out of scrap 3/4in ply wood I had laying around. Already had the paint and primer also!

I sketched up the plans myself …did it on some graph paper ….so it might look a little crazy haha. Here they are if anyone is interested in building something similar.

IMG_7834

IMG_6957

IMG_1414

Going to be going with these graphics! used to play this machine all the time as a kid, lots of great memories!

IMG_5468

I live in an apartment so this build shows you can still get creative while living in a small place, just make it happen! Gonna be updating this as often as possible so please throw in your input, tips, anything is appreciated. Thanks

rgarriott
      Participant
        @rgarriott

Looking good. Following along.

iwantchipz
        Participant
          @iwantchipz

Got my custom size graphics printed and in the mail! Graphics were made but Carson Haines at http://www.noodleshirt.com

A06ABE42-EE0E-4999-9784-F6D27D3511F0

iwantchipz
          Participant
            @iwantchipz

Anyone know where I can pick up some speaker grills from the actual Jurassic park Data East cab? Been keeping an eye out on eBay but haven’t seen anything. I might just end up making some myself if I can’t find them.C2770EE0-EEBD-4EB9-8BD9-1FAF6A5117D1

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Not sure if anyone reproduces them or not but build looks good so far!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

iwantchipz
              Participant
                @iwantchipz

Not sure if anyone reproduces them or not but build looks good so far!

Thanks I appreciate it! I figured I’d probably have to make my own…can’t be too difficult haha.

iwantchipz
                Participant
                  @iwantchipz

The computer and all 3 screens arrived! 6D29BB1E-9B52-4574-8103-F29ADA0949A7

iwantchipz
                  Participant
                    @iwantchipz

So I’m going to need a custom black textured lockdown bar…anyone have any suggestions where I might be able to get one made? I’ve seen virtuapin does custom orders, anyone else?

Gwen
                    Participant
                      @gwen

Great work so far!  Keep at it :good:

Gwen
                      - Wonky builder of the steampunk Nikola Tesla cabinet & Starfighter Cabinet

cdvaight
                      Participant
                        @cdvaight

On your speaker grills. I was poking around the web and found some acrylic Jurassic Park plates. Not what you asked for but similar. Took me longer to remember who and where I saw the post asking about them. :scratch:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Acrylic-Designs.html

Hope these help.

iwantchipz
                        Participant
                          @iwantchipz

On your speaker grills. I was poking around the web and found some acrylic Jurassic Park plates. Not what you asked for but similar. Took me longer to remember who and where I saw the post asking about them. :scratch:

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Acrylic-Designs.html

Awesome thank you! I really appreciate the help! I think I just might pick these up

Hope these help.

iwantchipz
                          Participant
                            @iwantchipz

quick update!

the cabinet looks a bit beat up right now because I just sanded the hell out of it so the graphics look very smooth. gonna do some edge touch ups and what not a bit later. Also got the flipper buttons drilled, and legs on. Still gotta drill out the front buttons and plunger but the coin door. Waiting on the front graphic to get here….had a sizing issue .

IMG_8883

I also worked on a black bezel around the playfield! I ended up installing magnets on the inside of the cab and on the bezel/LED brackets so they can pop on and off very easily. I used 1in plastic angle and 3/4in LED channel, 1/4in magnets.

Before:

IMG_4364

After:

IMG_7036

IMG_5337

IMG_9106

here’s the 2 pieces I hooked together.

IMG_5591

IMG_4488

IMG_3569

IMG_7976

Works great by the way! Ill try and update this more frequently, thanks you guys!

iwantchipz
                            Participant
                              @iwantchipz

Here’s a couple more pics with a table loaded. I’m pretty happy with how it came out! Stays in place, snaps on and off, right back in place without having to wiggle it around or make any adjustments. A3927718-C6E1-4BCF-850F-96F70222A31B7FD17D27-8344-420C-B60D-12DFBF5705B5B287EAB7-D8DA-46B9-ADB6-1D384C100F15E8E21E03-7E57-4405-A40B-DBF6EFEE45F4

iwantchipz
                              Participant
                                @iwantchipz

Speakers and amp arrived! Going with 2 Rockford fosgate R14x2, a 6in audio pipe subwoofer, and a Lepy 838 amp. Time to get these hooked up!B7A3A43D-B33A-4F1B-81A5-EB3DF40852D60E3C82FE-F44E-4B17-BEDD-B9E3AD154915

tommmoe
                                Participant
                                  @tommmoe

I’m not too crazy on those Lepy amps for Sound Quality.. Hopefully you like it though

iwantchipz
                                  Participant
                                    @iwantchipz

I’m not too crazy on those Lepy amps for Sound Quality.. Hopefully you like it though

what dont you like about them? what would you suggest?

BrandonLaw
                                    Participant
                                      @brandonlaw

If you’re powering a Sub as well, I may suggest the Lepy LP-168S if you’re looking for an inexpensive setup.  You do not have a dedicated sub power on that amp not to mention the power needed to drive those speakers.  Nice speakers need mo-powah!

Been running a double Lepy/Flipper Fidelity (sub&dual tweet) for a couple of years now and the sound separation is tough to beat.  The knocks and baps are spot on.

"Fuck this game. I love it."

iwantchipz
                                      Participant
                                        @iwantchipz

Got a few things finished on the cab! Put the graphics on, installed buttons and plunger / zebs digital v3 plunger. I’m using the “smart missile” button that was on the original Jurassic Park gun as a Launch Ball button. I was going to purchase the actual gun but figured it was a little too big for my cab. Still a lot to do but some progress has been made.

917887A9-2BE5-458B-B275-1B7FB4E0B36D

69D3FFBF-BA6A-497E-A496-945FE7CB6480

08BAD71A-35A3-43AE-8D59-4B280964F390

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?