2 screens cabinet and DMD problem [SOLVED]

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Peter222
    Participant
      @swietlikowa

Hi!

This time I’ve read the wiki, but this problem doesn’t seem to be described there (or I’m blind) :)

I have 2 screens, so games using DMD support the second monitor.
      My ScreenRes.txt looks like this:

thanks to these settings, old tables (EM) that do not use DMD are displayed on 1600×1200 and those that use DMD are divided into: backglass – 1600×900, DMD – 1600×300

Everything is OK in games where this screenres.txt is controlled, but what about games using PUP-Packs?

How to set PinUp Popper to show Backglass on fullscreen (1600×1200) in the Popper menu, and in games using PUP-Pack divided into 1600×900 + 1600×300?

outhere
        @outhere
        MemberContributorvipModerator

That’s the most unusual screen text file I have ever seen
        Just curious why you would have to use a text file like that

That being said PUP-Packs don’t use the screen text file

Peter222
        Participant
          @swietlikowa

That’s the most unusual screen text file I have ever seen
          Just curious why you would have to use a text file like that

That being said PUP-Packs don’t use the screen text file

Could You tell me what is wrong here? It works beautifully.

I use this very useful feature:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2869-b2s-server-new-feature-aspect-ratio/

This way I don’t have to create separate .res files for each table. In the backglass options I click “small” and all tables without DMD marked in this way are displayed on 1600×1200…. Others are divided into Backglass + DMD.

And yes, I know that PUP-Pack doesn’t use screenres file, that’s why I asked my question here. How to make Popper menu work in different resolution than PUP-Pack tables (if they don’t use screenres.txt)

edit: By the way, maybe it would be good for PInUP-Packs to use .res files, you could set a different screen division for these games and the matter would be settled. Unless there is another simpler way.

outhere
            @outhere

That’s creative thinking but I’m not quite sure why you’re trying to get the usual backglass Size..

Peter222
            Participant
              @swietlikowa

I just want to have a full screen while browsing the menu (Popper) (after all, there are videos on the screen so I don’t need to divide them into backglass + dmd). For games I need to split the screen into backglass + dmd. So far I’ve been using PinballX and everything is OK there. In PinballX settings I set full screen for backglass and the games are controlled by screenres.txt file. With such combo PinballX + PinUp Player PUP-Pack games work because the resolution of PinballX menu is controlled by PinballX and PUP-Pack is controlled by PinUp system. But how to use Popper itself (without PinballX) so that the resolution is different for the popper menu and different for the games?

outhere
                @outhere

I don’t think PinUp popper will let you do it per game, But why do you need to split the screen?

NailBuster
                  @nailbuster
                  ModeratorMember

no, you can’t have BG in popper diff position than BG in puppacks during gameplay.

there’s a ‘workaround’ which isn’t perfect, but set your topper in PinUP to be entire BG area and hide the BG in popper.  you would then use topper display in Popper as your BG in menu…

Peter222
                  Participant
                    @swietlikowa

Because I only have two screens: Playfield: 2560×1440 and Backglass+DMD 1600×1200. That’s why I have to divide the second screen into 1600×900 (backglass) and 1600×300 (DMD) for games that need DMD. Of course not all games need such a division (EM games – that’s why there are screenres.txt with 5 lines more for aspect ratio support). However, such a division only makes sense when playing the game and not when displaying the Popper menu.
                    As I mentioned earlier, when I display the game menu (Popper), on the second screen I play only video, and there are some games that have DMD (but it’s only video!) and some games that don’t have DMD (EM). So in the Popper menu I want to have a full 1600×1200 resolution (just to play the movie as it was recorded 1:1). Is it such a big fad from my side? :)

Peter222
                    Participant
                      @swietlikowa

NailBuster

Thank you NailBuster for the light in the tunnel :)…. I will check it today, maybe it will solve my problem….

outhere
                        @outhere

Are you running the back glass in portrait?
                        Another words you rotate the screen up-and-down

Maybe post a picture of your set up, I’m Just trying to understand your set up…

Or In windows your screens are set like this, But only 2 of them

Displays

Peter222
                        Participant
                          @swietlikowa

Are you running the back glass in portrait?
                          Another words you rotate the screen up-and-down

Maybe post a picture of your set up, I’m Just trying to understand your set up…

Or In windows your screens are set like this, But only 2 of them

Displays

I thought that the screenres.txt file is self explanatory, however, I give a full description of the situation with photos.

Zaznaczenie_555

1 = Playfield
                          2 = backglass (with DMD mode)
                          3= DMD (with backglass mode)
                          4 = alternative fullscreen mode

Thanks to these settings I can use the tables as follows:

1 – menu in PinballX browser – backglass is set to full screen (1600×1200, because I only want to see video there)

20190524_201532

2. Playing EM game – backglass in fullscreen (1600×1200)

20190524_201515

3. Playing a split-screen game (1600×900 for backglass, 1600×300 for DMD)

20190524_201235

outhere
                            @outhere

You needed it like this because you want full width of screen for the DMD and you do not want to use the back glass with the grill…

Doesn’t the DMD look really stretched out and lose quality being full width?

Peter222
                            Participant
                              @swietlikowa

You needed it like this because you want full width of screen for the DMD and you do not want to use the back glass with the grill…

Doesn’t the DMD look really stretched out and lose quality being full width?

Everything’s okay, as you can see in the pictures. Did you notice anything stretched out there?
                              The screen in EM tables is designed for a 4:3 ratio so it’s  fullscreen (1600×1200) – it looks very good.
                              The screen in games with DMD is divided into 1600×900 (backglass 16:9), DMD 1600×300 (I know the original PIN2DMD controller has 132×32 so I should do DMD 1600×400 proportionally, but there are no pixels… I could take with backglass and divide for example 1600×850 + 1600×350 but I thought that DMD in 1600×300 does not look bad)

However, we have gone a long way from the subject and I do not know what this has to do with my question. :)

Peter222
                              Participant
                                @swietlikowa

no, you can’t have BG in popper diff position than BG in puppacks during gameplay.

there’s a ‘workaround’ which isn’t perfect, but set your topper in PinUP to be entire BG area and hide the BG in popper.  you would then use topper display in Popper as your BG in menu…

I set up the Topper according to your hint. I understand that now in PinUpPackEditor I have to change it to turn off the backglass for PinUpMenu and turn on the topper… but how to force backglass to be displayed on the topper screen? Can you give me a hint? I guess that’s not really a typical setting…

NailBuster
                                  @nailbuster
                                  ModeratorMember

try this.  it may be easier to do it this way.  as long as your topper is setup to use entire bg screen.

in popper theme, turn off topper and set BG for forceback.  on BG on custompos put in 0,0,0,100,100

that should work

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  Peter222
                                  Participant
                                    @swietlikowa

try this.  it may be easier to do it this way.  as long as your topper is setup to use entire bg screen.

in popper theme, turn off topper and set BG for forceback.  on BG on custompos put in 0,0,0,100,100

that should work

It works like a charm now, that was it… thank you again NailBuster!

Peter222
                                    Participant
                                      @swietlikowa

I have one more question on this subject. When I record backglass it is recorded of course backglass 1600×900, DMD is omitted. Can I do something to make the whole second display (in my case backglass + DMD) record? So that I can see a fullscreen (1600×1200) movie in the menu while browsing?

goofything
                                      Participant
                                        @goofything

Hi Peter222,

I’m likely going to configure my second monitor very similarly to yours for all the same reasons. Would you mind posting your Popper settings so I can see how you set that up?

Thanks.

VPGamer75
                                        Participant
                                          @vpgamer75

I’m so exciting try out 2 screen setup on PinPopper until you said it won’t work the setup I have, I can’t afford cabinet due health. I have integrated graphic card. My tv is 27” 1080p and other one is 24” 1080p by 1920 both of them. So time go back Pinball X which I paid license. I’m trying get back to Pinball gaming world . Thanks for reading NailBuster????

Peter222
                                          Participant
                                            @swietlikowa

Hi Peter222,

I’m likely going to configure my second monitor very similarly to yours for all the same reasons. Would you mind posting your Popper settings so I can see how you set that up?

Thanks.

I upload a few screens, if you want to see something else – write which area you are interested in (there is a lot of it).

Zaznaczenie_597Zaznaczenie_596Zaznaczenie_595Zaznaczenie_594

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?