2017 – New Build – The 'Ark Vim' project.

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Phil Docker
    Participant
      @dock

I love this creative build! An excellent idea to use your coffee table. I’d love to see a Youtube video as well. A tip regarding a larger mini-display is you can get a 9.7″ Ipad 3/4 retina panel and controller card with Display Port connection for about $70. Excellent value for a top quality panel. I use one as an extra screen on my laptop, clamped on the side of the lid/screen. You would need this controller board, $30: http://abusemark.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=47 And one of these panels; plenty on Ebay for about $40:

• LG LP097QX1-SPC1/2/3/ any other suffix most likely
      • LG LP097QX1-SPA1/2/V
      • Samsung LTL097QL01-W01

Plug & play! :good:

I do not really need a larger screen – I think it would actually be too large on the play field display.  The screen I used is roughly the size of an instruction card on a normal pinball.  I would of loved to just put the backglass on the main table window but I do not think you can do that!

A good friend wants me to build him one of these, and I may use a 15inch screen instead of the Pin2DMD and have a 2nd screen….  a 2nd screen is cheaper!

MnHotRod
      Participant
        @mnhotrod

Wow, LOVE this build. Very creative.

jonch919
        Participant
          @jonch919

I love this creative build! An excellent idea to use your coffee table. I’d love to see a Youtube video as well. A tip regarding a larger mini-display is you can get a 9.7″ Ipad 3/4 retina panel and controller card with Display Port connection for about $70. Excellent value for a top quality panel. I use one as an extra screen on my laptop, clamped on the side of the lid/screen. You would need this controller board, $30: http://abusemark.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=47 And one of these panels; plenty on Ebay for about $40:

• LG LP097QX1-SPC1/2/3/ any other suffix most likely
          • LG LP097QX1-SPA1/2/V
          • Samsung LTL097QL01-W01

Plug & play! :good:

I do not really need a larger screen – I think it would actually be too large on the play field display. The screen I used is roughly the size of an instruction card on a normal pinball. I would of loved to just put the backglass on the main table window but I do not think you can do that! A good friend wants me to build him one of these, and I may use a 15inch screen instead of the Pin2DMD and have a 2nd screen…. a 2nd screen is cheaper!

Aah, got it.. I thought you wanted to use it as a backglass.

Top 3 favorite pinball tables:
          1. Twilight Zone
          2. Attack from Mars
          3. Medieval Madness

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?