24 (Stern 2009)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    STAT
    Participant
      @stefanaustria
      MemberContributor

For the “washed Playfield”, i changed Material on Playfield to “None”,
      i don’t know if this is the correct Way to do that, but then it is clean and good Colors.

Here are my FS POV Settings and Physic Settings, try it, but of Course, shouldn’t be the Best,
      whatever someone have personal Taste.
      But i Looking on some Youtube Videos, otherwise you can’s stop the first “downrolling Ball”.
      I also changed Flipper End Angles to 65/-65

Thanks again 32assassin, all is working now :good:  … esp. i did some changes, everyone can try.

Scotty VH
        @scottt
        ModeratorMember

The change of material on the playfield changed the washed out look for me.  Thanks STAT.  For anyone that needs help locating where to do this, it is in the Options for the Table.  Some screenshots are included.

UPDATE:  I actually recommend changing the material on the Playfield not to “None” because this makes things that are supposed to be white pinkish, and everything else have a pinkish hue.  I used Material = “Plastic White”, and I think it looks pretty good (the whites are bright white).

exodus_cl
        Participant
          @exodus123456

thanks for the playfield fix guys!!!

Sven34
          Participant
            @sven34

Thanks for new Update.  :good:

Pinbolt
            Participant
              @pinbolt

Thank you STAT for your settings. I use your vpp only.

Without your vpp the table works perfect and this your vpp.

I got a script error if I shot the middle ramp over the house.

Line 1 :

Das Objekt unterstützt die Eigenschaft oder Methode nicht:

The object does not support the property or method:

mExitKicker.enabled

PLease help

Jeremy
              Participant
                @malachi666

Great table. I am playing this one a lot. My question isn’t with the technical aspect but rather gameplay. I can get to Save the President, but I don’t know how to trigger the mode.  Ideas?

Jeremy
                Participant
                  @malachi666

Actually there is one technical thing I’ve just noticed.  Sometimes the left ramp doesn’t register a hit and I noticed that when this happens the little swinging gate on the ramp isn’t moving.

32assassin
                  Participant
                    @32assassin

this should not matter, but I lowered the physical (hidden) gate from 60 to 50.

only reason for the trigger to miss is if the ball is traveling too fast.

if this is still happening I will replace the gate with a trigger.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

2 users thanked author for this post.
                    sifusun
                    Participant
                      @sifusun

:yahoo: THX !!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

spookyMoulder
                      Participant
                        @spookymoulder

great pinball also a good tv show,  :good:   thank you for making this.

CarnyPriest
                        Participant
                          @carnypriest

this should not matter, but I lowered the physical (hidden) gate from 60 to 50.

only reason for the trigger to miss is if the ball is traveling too fast.

if this is still happening I will replace the gate with a trigger.

Yeah, I changed the gate at sw14 but sometimes this still doesn’t register a hit. Weird.

32assassin
                          Participant
                            @32assassin

I checked the table and the only possible problem I saw is that I had duplicate gates for sw14 and sw58,  but they should not be a problem as they are not coded to anything

I deleted the duplicate gates and changed sw14 to a star trigger to see if we can get a more accurate reading.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                            https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

Anokata3545
                            Participant
                              @anokata3545

having some problem with the briefcase lock. If all 3 balls are locked, the mechanism only allows the first ball out and malfunctions with the other 2. the other 2 tend to get stuck in this state of limbo that they cannot be moved (possibly wall stuck)  after the ball diverter lets the first ball out

tdmobley1
                              Participant
                                @tdmobley1

Rom please

Thalamus
                                  @thalamus
                                  ContributorMemberModerator

https://sternpinball.com/?post_type=game_code&s=24 and your welcome.

Robsoie
                                  Participant
                                    @robsoie

Hello,

I have a very strange problem with this very nice table and only this one.

I never played the previous version of it (and they’re not available anymore so i can’t make comparison) but it didn’t happened in VP9 version of freneticamnesic (so at least i know it’s not the rom that is the source of this)

When i start the flipper and use the plunger, once the ball get out of the starting ramp and will hit the 2 or 3 bumpers there’s a very heavy stutter that last 1 second (the image basically freeze for 1 second, but the ball isn’t as once the image run normally, the ball has moved as if it had teleported).

After that heavy stutter has happened, it does not happen anymore, even if i manage to move the ball to those 2/3 bumpers they will function smoothly.

I noticed it also only happen when i load the table, as if i lose a ball, the next ball will never exhibit the stutter and will always hit the bumper smoothly as expected.

To see if it was a texture problem, i spent time and reduced every single texture by 50% but it changed absolutely nothing (out of making the table loading obviously faster), the heavy stutter always happen on the 1st ball at the same exact location. As unfortunately i’m not knowledgable in scripting i have no idea how to fix that.

Any help ?

LTA
                                    Participant
                                      @luvthatapex
                                      I’ve seen this anomaly before on several tables. Its almost like the graphics have to cache the first big activity, so the screen freezes for a second and then resumes and never happens again. I know of no fix for it.
                                      LTA

Hello,

I have a very strange problem with this very nice table and only this one.

I never played the previous version of it (and they’re not available anymore so i can’t make comparison) but it didn’t happened in VP9 version of freneticamnesic (so at least i know it’s not the rom that is the source of this)

When i start the flipper and use the plunger, once the ball get out of the starting ramp and will hit the 2 or 3 bumpers there’s a very heavy stutter that last 1 second (the image basically freeze for 1 second, but the ball isn’t as once the image run normally, the ball has moved as if it had teleported).

After that heavy stutter has happened, it does not happen anymore, even if i manage to move the ball to those 2/3 bumpers they will function smoothly.

I noticed it also only happen when i load the table, as if i lose a ball, the next ball will never exhibit the stutter and will always hit the bumper smoothly as expected.

To see if it was a texture problem, i spent time and reduced every single texture by 50% but it changed absolutely nothing (out of making the table loading obviously faster), the heavy stutter always happen on the 1st ball at the same exact location. As unfortunately i’m not knowledgable in scripting i have no idea how to fix that.

Any help ?

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                      Thalamus
                                        @thalamus
                                        ContributorMemberModerator

I have a feeling that you should try to look at both your nvidia and vp video settings for pre-rendered frames. Try to change the value – it is not like I can tell you what to use. It will be different from machine to machine, but, normally, you want at least 1.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                        Robsoie
                                        Participant
                                          @robsoie

I think you are right, the effects should be pre cached by VPX (the whole “rendering the table” is supposed to do that) before the table finish to load but it seems there are still effects of the table that aren’t and vpx has then a lot of trouble when they all trigger for the first time (as it happens in this 24 table when the ball first hit the 3 bumpers), and only then it caches them so they run smoothly after. I’ll try to see if increasing this setting you mention can help.

Before reading your post i was wondering if the very many lights flashing all over the table when those 3 bumpers were hits on the first play could be weakened in number somehow, so i edited the script and removed the references  in the Sub UpdateLamps() that were concerning the flashers (except the sniper and safehouse ones) and “lampbulbs” entries along a couple of lamp that i have no idea which exactly they were on the table.

It seems to have solved the problem for me, certainly i cost a few light show (even with less updatelamp there are still a lot of them active) but it’s always better to have constant smooth gameplay than even a single stutter in my opinion.

Robsoie
                                          Participant
                                            @robsoie

A little update on the stutter problem, the source of this very strange stutter was discovered there by user Rawnei :

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=44135&p=453825

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=44135&p=454358

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=44135&p=453956

Not VPX 10.7 specifically but stumbled upon a VPVR problem that is also related to VPX and the use of Visual Basic / COM so the problem should exist in both.

I’ve managed to push GPU frametime down quite a bit in VPVR which is now causing the rendering pipeline to fire off even more IDispatch invokes in EventProxy that Windows Defender is interfering with and thus causing a very high CPU frametime instead, an easy test is to disable Windows Defender Real-Time Protection and it’s like night and day in frametime and performance but absolutely not a good permanent solution to disable antivirus.

So I’m trying to find workarounds for it, google is not helping and I am not too familiar with everything we do in Visual Basic so if you guys have any bright ideas they are all welcome.

Maybe some way of firing events without locking the rendering pipeline or somesuch?

A lot of stutter can be caused by anti-virus since lights trigger eventproxy COM events thus triggering Microsoft AMSI which is stalling the whole pipeline. Microsoft AMSI is relatively new thing and it affects all anti virus software.

Did more research into Microsoft AMSI due to the performance issues it’s causing, AMSI is Microsofts way of stopping fileless attacks (VBScript, Powershell, etc) and it’s an API that AV products can choose to use or not.

In Windows Defender it’s been kind of hard implemented, it’s tied to the Real-Time Protection setting, add exclusions in Windows Defneder does not affect Real-Time Protection only scans so only way to disable AMSI in Windows Defender is to toggle Real-Time Protection Off (bad).

In some products for example Sophos Home edition they haven’t implemented AMSI integration (yet?) so it does not happen there even with Sophos version of real-time protection, I tried this.

In some premium products for example Kaspersky Total Security 2021 they are supposed to have AMSI exclusive options for disabling that specifically and being able add exclusions (see https://help.kaspersky.com/KTS/2021/en-US/186114.htm ), since they are paid products I haven’t tested that.

Hopefully we get more and better options for this in the future.

In summary when you’re on window 10 , turning off your security programs will make the stutter go away, but it’s -very- heavily recommended to not turn off those security program when you are connected to the internet, so disconnect from the internet if you want to turn off things like internet defender to enjoy vpx tables without stutters (just remember to turn it back on when you’re connecting again)

It explain then why i observe some stuttering on some of the most event intensive tables despite my window 10 system can run more complex or ressource intensive program than vpx, and disabling some part of the script had a noticable impact on that stutter.

No idea what changed in that vbs scritped communication between VP<->VPinmame and the rom between vp9 and vpx, as this vbs script vs amsi security checks stutter wasn’t happening in vp9 version of the tables that have stutter that can be noticed.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 61 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?