3 Angels

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Dr.Tom
    Participant
      @crile1
      MemberContributor

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/3-angels/

DOFLinx Mod of the Original FP table 3 Angels.  This took a lot of time, but I’m very pleased how it turned out.  The attract mode alone is worth it.  Just let it “boot up” and don’t touch a thing to watch the light show.  If there are any blatant errors, let me know and I’ll fix them. I’m very happy how the effects turned out.

This mod utilizes:

RGB’s, Solenoids, and shaker.  I may add some further effects in the future, but for now, this is what it is.  It was a lot of work and I definitely appreciate the effort that went into making this table.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      senseless
      Participant
        @senseless

Great! Thanks for these angels ;). Will fire this baby up and enjoy the lightshow and the table itself!

senseless
        Participant
          @senseless

The table and DOFLinx effect look great! I only have problems with the performance of the table. I only have this with this table and the framerate is around 30 fps. Does anyone have this?

Dr.Tom
          Participant
            @crile1
            MemberContributor

This table has a lot going on and sometimes will crash on me.  I did have some performance issues with Terry’s Stern Tron mod and I switched to the Zed physics version of the future pinball .exe and it stopped crashing.  Not sure if that is your issue, but worked for me.

senseless
            Participant
              @senseless

Thanks, I’m using the Future Pinball exe from the SLAMT1lt site and the opengl32.dll from Macro to support my pin2dmd. I think I cannot use the Zed physics version….

Will do some experimenting. Do you have a good link to the Zed physics version?

ozg
              Participant
                @netweight

The table and DOFLinx effect look great! I only have problems with the performance of the table. I only have this with this table and the framerate is around 30 fps. Does anyone have this?

I’m not knocking Tom’s hard work, making or redoing tables takes time and effort, plus a lot of trial and error. Three Angels looks nice but IMO is a POS. The table has always had issues with the frame rate. It would probably take some serious programming to fix the pin. Like I said, nice to look at but fun to play, no. Please don’t rage about what I have to say, it’s just that I’ve never cared for this table. Heck, I don’t even like TAF.

Dr.Tom
                Participant
                  @crile1
                  MemberContributor

Senseless, here is the link to the Zed physics version of FP.  You can just replace the exe file (I think).  Sam’s version kept crashing on my cabinet and the Zed has worked like a charm.  Only difference is the default physics (i.e. if no xml) is zed.

https://mega.nz/#!XcYQET7K!EPm56hpPFvpdkfAyXcysFEUieGbVBGRIMa2IBMwShRI

If that link does not work, look foTerry’s reply to me in his Tron Legacy (Stern) support topic.

TerryRed
                    @terryred
                    MemberContributorModerator

I just got home and gave this table a run. Looks great Tom, and man… I forgot how fantastic this table is.

As to the performance issues…. I also have the same issue with the ZED version of this table. This is an issue only with some of the Zed modded versions of FP tables, and now I remember why I stayed away from “some” of the Zed tables that also have this issue. Star Trek TNG Zed and MM Zed comes to mind….they also ran poorly compared to the normal versions.

Running these “problem” Zed tables with the Zed version of Future Pinball.exe will make no difference…they will still have frame rate issues.

However, the original 3 Angels table (non-Zed) modded by SLAMT1LT runs silky smooth at all times, no issues…and 3 Angels is NOT a pos, contrary to ozg’s never ending misery of complaints about almost everything. Seriously man… be a little more positive, or at least helpful.

My recommendation is to thoroughly test the Zed and original version of a FP table to be sure it won’t have this issue before doing a DOFLinx mod. I personally tend to stick to non-Zed tables, unless there is truly a better Zed version with no frame rate issues.

I also noticed that the Zed x64 version of Future Pinball.exe causes some of the images in the DMD to not appear on some tables for FutureDMD (Nightmare on Elm Street as an example), whereas all other version don’t have this issue.

senseless
                    Participant
                      @senseless

Thanks for the replies guys. There is indeed a big performance difference between the ZED version and non ZED version. I will try the modified exe version and see if  this makes any difference. Other option is to copy paste all the DOF instructions Dr Tom was so kind to include in this version :).

Dr.Tom
                      Participant
                        @crile1
                        MemberContributor

There were tons of doflinx commands I put in.  More than any other game.  So, maybe using a 2.6 or 2.7 xml would work?  If not, I can look into another mod or a different version.   But not anytime soon.  It wore me out.

sale
                        Participant
                          @starac

Slam version is better without the graphics and physics problems..

Thunderbolt have made top….

still only a start, launch and Bumpers..

greetings and thanks

Hawyer
                          Participant
                            @hawyer

Spectacular!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?