3D Printer Fun

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Scottacus
    Participant
      @scottacus
      MembervipContributor

I put together a Prusa Mk3S printer last weekend and I’ve gone through about 100m of PLA playing around with it.  Today I thought “I wonder if any of the .obj’s from tables would print well.”  I took a look through a bunch of tables like Funhouse, Whitewater and Medieval Madness and settled upon the Merlin from the most resent VPX release.

I exported the obj and sliced it in Slic3r using a 15% infill sand a .15mm print resolution with the stock PLA that came with the printer.  The result was pretty impressive for a toy from a VP table.  Here’s a close up of Merlin with a pencil for size reference.

20190315_192256

Here is Merlin Wise and Old with the Digicomp I that I am in the process of building.

20190315_192409

Here’s a bunch of other things that I’ve printed like a Dr. Nim game, pinball table leg protectors, can clip with base and belt hanger and various test animal prints.

20190315_193625

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Nice. I recall maybe haunt printing the guy from cactus canyon.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

Scottacus
        Participant
          @scottacus
          MembervipContributor

Oh good idea!

BorgDog
          Participant
            @borgdog
            MemberContributorvip

hey, wait where’s your little tug boat thing that is the standard mandatory print?

IMG_20180429_194708

sadly I got the printer working decent, made a few test prints and haven’t touched it since.. only been a year…

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Or better yet afm Martian I know fren printed my model a while ago but I think the models are much improved in newest table

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

CastilianFly
              Participant
                @castilianfly

Looks pretty cool Scottacus. Gotta blow the dust off that sucker BorgDog.
                Either one of you interested in using your 3D printers to make a couple bucks? I need to find someone to print a logo for me, i want to be about 3” x 3” x 1”. I would want the same logo printed 3 total times. Could be plastic or metal.

Metal Tellek
                Participant
                  @metaltellek

Awesome !

I recently bought a Ender 3 Printer and looked for things to print for my cabinet at thingiverse , – converting objects directly from a table to a printable object – this idea is absolutely great .

Greetings from Germany – I hope my English is good enough to understand what I want to say …

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

You’re English is fine. Much better than most of these US guys’ German ;-)   Don’t be scared to post, even if you struggle with the language a bit. Once you do, you’re confidence grows and you will be able to actually participate in this great hobby of ours in ways you didn’t before. Be prepared though, that once they get to know you, and you do make a blunder. They sometime can’t resist to make a joke out of something you’ve written. Sentences containing the word balls pr. example, is something you should re-read twice before pressing that submit button :whistle:

I see a lot of friends getting themselves those 3D printers. Very seldom have I seen them make anything I would care to print. That just changed B-)

Metal Tellek
                    Participant
                      @metaltellek

Thx – i‘ll try my very best :-))

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?