a call for help

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    nate
    Participant
      @nodzebra

Hey guys ever since i moved out to the boonies and had to get this satellite internet shit i havent been able to download from VPF or VPU, i can still download from here thank god but there is alot of content im missing out on from VPF cause for some reason these lames dont all upload there work here YET,  I hope that you guys have seen enough of me to know im not looking to get everything more conveniently than the next guy or something because of what i ask next becuase the best part of my day is when new tables pop up and it sucks i havent been able to get ANYTHING from vpf or vpu for almost 2 months now, ive tried messing with my router firewall settings to no avail and its driving me nuts and i was really really hoping one of you fine people have a dropbox with all the vpx content in it they would share with me cause this really sucks and im out of ideas..please somebody help!   This is the only site i can still dl off of so randr keep doing what your doing buddy.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Should be no reason you cannot download off other sites that i can think of. Did you try google chrome or Opera to download from sites?

What happens when you try to download? i would sure think we could help solve the problem for you as VPF has some good content to download and 2 months is a LONG time

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

nate
        Participant
          @nodzebra

lol your tellin me, its killing me, ive tried ie explorer and google chrome alike, ive even tried downloading on a macbook pro using safari and the error i get at vpf is :
          <h1 class=”ipsType_pagetitle” style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #000000; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; font-stretch: normal; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;”>Sorry, we couldn’t find that!</h1>

<span class=”right desc ipsType_smaller ipsPad_top” style=”font-size: 12px; padding-top: 9px; float: right; color: #000000;”>[#10850.1]</span>
          <p class=”ipsType_sectiontitle” style=”margin: 0px; padding: 5px 0px; color: #000000; border-bottom: 1px solid #ececec;”>An internal error occurred. Please contact an administrator</p>
          <p style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: #000000;”>Need Help?</p>

<ul class=”ipsPad_top bullets” style=”margin: 0px 0px 0px 30px; padding: 9px 0px 0px; color: #000000; list-style-position: initial; list-style-image: none; line-height: 19.5px;”>
          <li style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px;”>Our help documentation
          <li style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px;”>Contact the community administrator

<br style=”font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: #333333;” />

nate
          Participant
            @nodzebra

and i get that on every single file its not just one here and there, where as VPU just kind of loops and never downloads after the timer runs out and then some file hosts sites dont work either, like whatever one it is that slamtilt has his fp content on when linking from his pinball emporium page from,  pinsimdb downloads work fine as does this site,  i dont get it.

nate
            Participant
              @nodzebra

oh and i went and checked mediafire is the file host that just reloads the page the download is on and never starts it, if i try to use the right click save as i get some worthless file thats 148 kb everytime.

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

VPU i havent tried downloading from for a while but i recall it was a problem for last couple months but should be fixed now? VPF should work I could remote into your PC and take a look this weekend if you wanted. let me know

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

nate
                Participant
                  @nodzebra

that would be great buddy let me know when your available

nate
                  Participant
                    @nodzebra

And i would like to retract my statement about noah not being helpful he followed up on my questions, i was frustrated and and kinda loc’d out about it and that was pretty lame of me to say anything negative, noah has never been anything but polite and its a dick move on my part to say anything less. my apologies.

nate
                    Participant
                      @nodzebra

well I still havent had any luck resolving this issue. I’ve checked all my firewall settings and am even using googles public dns to no avail,  what i honestly think it is in which case im just shit out of luck unless someone shares a dropbox is that depending on what site im trying to download from the connection to the server is either more or less tolerant of the latency of my shitty internet and the connection to the server is constantly reset….I cant think of anything else, so if anyone can help me with a dropbox so i can at least get the last few months of VPX content from VPF that would be great as i havent got to try JP’s pokemon or javier’s last action hero to name a couple, mfugemann was awesome and linked me direct to junkyard the other day…please help me! anybody! :-(

BorgDog
                      Participant
                        @borgdog
                        MemberContributorvip

you can grab Clark kent’s modified version of last action hero from a dropbox link he posted in the thread.. here  https://www.dropbox.com/s/a3hp2ssxzui7tmh/Last%20Action%20Hero%201.04.rar?dl=0

BorgDog
                        Participant
                          @borgdog
                          MemberContributorvip

Out of curiosity what satellite internet service are you running?  You’re outside Spokane somewhere right?  None of the land based wireless services there reach where you are?  I know, at least a few years back, both east and west had pretty decent coverage but not sure about north.  Can’t remember who the service provider was though… edit: quick internet search it might have been Air-Pipe.  there is also Petra and Cougar Wireless in the area.

nate
                          Participant
                            @nodzebra

Thanks for sharing that dropbox  and yes I’m up by elk now a go0d 35-40 minutes north of spokane on HWY 2,  the only provider up here is Hughes.net and its pretty bad,  not only can i not download from about 50% of the sites i try I subscribed to the basic package which is still almost 80 bucks a month on top of the 250$ dish installation and modem to get a whopping  900kb a second download rate according to the speakeasy.net speed test, its also like a cellular company, for my 80 bucks a month i get 10 gigs anytime data and 50 gigs in what they call the download zone which is 2am-8am, i call that shit baggery and they totally get away with it because any 4g coverage is shotty at best and neither xfinity or century link reach out here, it was actually century link that referred me to these guys which was my first clue of how awesome their service was gonna be LoL /end rant.  sorry i stress about it alittle it sucks not being able to download as i please, im not used to that, i shoulda stayed in 9mile lol.

BorgDog
                            Participant
                              @borgdog
                              MemberContributorvip

Yeah, Hughes.net is pretty expensive and slow.  Air-Pipe who I linked to above shows coverage for Elk area, but you do need a clear view of their Mt. Spokane tower, and Cougar Wireless also linked above says they cover Deer Park so they may be able to do Elk as well.  Both of those may at least be worth a phone call.

I have land based wireless service at my place outside Leavenworth and it relays through at least 4 towers that I know of before actually getting onto hardlines.  I have no issues with downloads, but uploads are a little slow, and I’m only on the lowest service plan 10Mbps down, but when they were installing they were able to pull close to 50Mbps downloads, I’d just have to pay more to get that.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                              nate
                              Participant
                                @nodzebra

thanks buddy im going to call them tomorrow cause this service makes me crazy there has to be a better option.  I wonder what they will charge me for the other 9 months that was part of the crap i signed,  these guys are rotten, i’ll probably be stuck paying on this one too but i dont even care at this point, i have a decently clear shot from here to mt spokane hopefully i can see the side the tower is on!  i appreciate the info man thank you,  also i know for a fact the problem is hughes.net because i signed on thru a friends at&t 4g today and was able to start dl’s no problem so altho its kinda pricy i may just get a new phone with 4g hotspot which i havent done because up until i today i hadnt found a service who’s 4g works out here.  I feel better now tho i feel like im getting somewhere and have a couple of options…e

nate
                                Participant
                                  @nodzebra

hey buddy i still cant dl off of vpforums but im moving again in a couple weeks and there is regular old comcast available in that area so my problem will  be solved, until then im entertaining myself playing all the FP tables on my oculus rift with bamvrcade openvr and it really is amazing. its such eye candy i am actually able to enjoy myself despite the physics,  i really need the current Direct output framework VBS  and was hoping you could upload it here or share a dropbox with it that would be awesome and ill keep voting vpinabll #1 NOT 3 as had been so brashly suggested by people who get the freedom to download anywhere they want. lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?