About to do a refresh of recent tables ..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Daryl
    Participant
      @allknowing2012

I haven’t updated my cab in like 8 months .. so I was going to do all the downloads etc . As I gather all the files, I was thinking I could bundle them up into a zip for others. Are we against posting this cumulated zip?  Sort of like they do for rom updates.  Is the “rule” not to post such things?

bord
        @bord
        MembervipContributorModerator

I think in general it is a good idea to live by this rule: If it isn’t yours don’t share it publicly. If someone else decided where they wanted their project uploaded then let that decision lie.

Thalamus
          @thalamus
          ContributorMemberModerator

So, your suggestion is to bundle all the tables in the 8 last months or so, to help everyone that has been away for exactly 8 months, and did have the exact same table as you 8 months ago ? Hmm. So, what about the guy that has been away for 1 month. 7 months of download that is just wasted. Nah. Forget it – while you download, some of the tables you are already started downloaded is probably outdated.

randr
          Keymaster
            @randr
            ModeratorMember

I just caught up my cab and I was nearly a year behind on updates! Including pinmame and vp.exe updates. It only took a few evenings over a couple weeks and I’m very glad to be caught up…. I also have a huge appreciation for all the people that do the work in the community and honestly if I downloaded a whole pack of tables I don’t think I would feel the same way.

Its not hard to download the files so really don’t see the big issue? Maybe I am missing something?

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
            for IOS and Android

Bob Albright
            Participant
              @bobalbright

It’s a lot easier to just check in daily and grab what’s new

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?