Accept (Germany)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    batch
    Participant
      @batch

I’m working on an original table about the German Heavy Metal Band ACCEPT, and I’ve had a mad idea !

I’d like to build a stage at the top of the table with all the musicians playing, including the drummer

But it can be possible only if a fan has nice photos of ACCEPT live, period Restless & Wild, Balls to the Wall, Metal Heart, Russian Roulette

with each musician alone, and a nice view of the drummer platform

I know I have little chance finding these photos, so it would be great if someone could help me !

I used the table ALGAR from Thalamus & Kalavera as a starting point and here is a snapshot showing what I did for the momentaccept

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Maybe I’m able to beat the damn 1M for your table at least. Still haven’t manged that on Algar :scratch:

batch
        Participant
          @batch

This is still a “raw” table with no settings, and it will be more difficult with music an flashers !

And Algar is just impossible to beat !

batch
          Participant
            @batch

As I didn’t find any nice photos of the band members, I did a backwall image using the album “Restless & Wild” cover

I added nuts, screws, did droptargets and spinners and the table will be rather red (hot) !

Accept

AcceptFS

2 users thanked author for this post.
            Mark70
            Participant
              @mark70

That looks great Batch!

batch
              Participant
                @batch

The tables works, I begun to work on artwork, and then I’ll have to add lights and flashers (and music !) and also to do the B2S backglass

AcceptFS

1 user thanked author for this post.
                batch
                Participant
                  @batch

The playfield is almost finished, tell me what you think !

I have a question, is there a way to have a better image quality ?

AcceptFS

1 user thanked author for this post.
                  Thalamus
                    @thalamus

What you you mean by image quality – that is more the question I guess. Higher resolution ?

batch
                    Participant
                      @batch

Yes, higher resolution

When I upload a table, I can select the resolution of the image, but in this topic, I can’t

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Yeah I think it’s stuck at what you upload at then crunches that

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

batch
                        Participant
                          @batch

Playfield is finished, plastics also, but I’m not really sure about the “khaki” texture (tell me what you think) and I still have some work to do on apron

DT

FS

randr
                          Keymaster
                            @randr
                            ModeratorMember

Looks great but my first thought was the “khaki” texture but with gi lighting it may be ok

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                            So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                            for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

I agree. It looks a bit dull. Creating a good looking playfield is not easy. It is a reason why this is a payed job. Would be better to judge with the lights being on. Don’t you have a logo for the band ? What about using that somewhere in the middle and then let the general color from the logo fade out to the rest of the table ? And that is why I’m not a graphics artist ;)

Mark70
                              Participant
                                @mark70

@batch regarding to the khaki question, what do you think about a metal-heart-album like blue playfield? I like your blue and red inserts very…very much, and I think you could also use them with a blue playfield, as long as one blue is darker or brighter then the other.  Of course that does not mean that your Khaki picture looks bad, it looks nice and seems to have a good contrast.

schmoker
                                Participant
                                  @schmoker

I’m a fan of the band as well and I can’t wait to try out your table. As far as the color of the playfield – khaki seems like “business casual” and not “HEAVY METAL !!!’ to me. No offense though, please keep up the great work. I agree with Thalamus, playfield design is very important, it’s a key part of game creation and definately not an easy thing to do. I guess its all about how you feel when you’re playing it, as much as, how it plays. I vote for lots of black and silver, but keep the use of whips, chains and leather to a minimum – Hah!!!   :good:

p.s. – I like the idea of incorporating the “Metal Heart” art into the mix as well.

batch
                                  Participant
                                    @batch

Thanks for your suggestions

In fact, I don’t really like the khaki texture, I did that because of UDO’s stage dress, so I have to find something else for the plastics

I also thought to an image of the Metal Heart for the playfield, but I didn’t use it because there are many lights and texts on the central part of the playfield

But I’ll give it a try again

So, playfield and plastics are not finished !

Mark70
                                    Participant
                                      @mark70

what about a playfield made of metal? :) Has this ever been done before?

batch
                                      Participant
                                        @batch

Yes, that’s what I did for my table “Motörhead”

I don’t want to move lights and texts located in the middle of the playfield because it would be too long for me to re-locate them if I added a logo or the “Metal Heart”

I used your idea of a blue playfield, but not plain, and it looks nice to me

Plastics will remain black, and I’ll see what the table looks to when I have added lighting and flashers

I also changed the shape of “METAL HEART” lights

FS

Mark70
                                        Participant
                                          @mark70

It looks very nice!
                                          And sorry, yes of course you did the metal playfield for Motörhead already.

Edit: there are more votes for Khaki atm on vpf

batch
                                          Participant
                                            @batch

The playfield will be red, because it fits better than blue with backwall colour

Sorry, no khaki for the plastics, it will be leather

I still have to finish the apron and add fittings to the ramps

Perhaps I’ll add some metallic parts to the plastics

Here is what it looks to now

Accept

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 43 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?