Access violation

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Greynurse
    Participant
      @greynurse

OK,I need an expert.

I have followed the menu setup tutorial and upon completing it, clicked on Exit and Launch. I then get a message “Access Violation at address 00845B68 in module ‘pinupmenu.exe’. Read of address 000003D0”. And them I have to go into the Task Manager to close PinuPlayer lest the message window keeps popping up. And that’s all she wrote.
      I am running under Windows 7 64 bit, have VLC Media Player 2.2.8 installed via extracting the zip file I downloaded, after I uninstalled Version 3.1. I basically followed all the pre-install requisits, but have ended up with not be able to launch Pinup Player. HELP!

Cheers

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

Be sure you don’t have any files set to Run as Admin except for pinupmenu.exe.

Be sure you don’t have any blocked files in PinUPSystem.

VLC is the 32 bit version?

Greynurse
        Participant
          @greynurse

Yes, I have the 32 bit version, no blocked files pinupmenu is the only file set to Run as Admin. Still getting the Address Violation message.

Greynurse
          Participant
            @greynurse

I’ve come along a bit. I Installed VLC from the exe and now pinupplay opens with the default screens and music but as soon as I press any key, the accress violation message pops up again. Seeing as I’ve come this far and, seeing as the ONLY reason I installed it was to play Stranger Things, I’m going to leave it there. It’s a bit more involved than I would have liked. I’m sure it becomes “easy” to configure and use as time goes by, but the learning curve would appear to be much longer than, say, PinballX.

NailBuster
              @nailbuster
              ModeratorMember

I’m guessing…it seems you haven’t added any games to a playlist?  Double check that you’ve added some games into home playlist before launching…

TerryRed
                @terryred
                MemberContributorModerator

I’ve come along a bit. I Installed VLC from the exe and now pinupplay opens with the default screens and music but as soon as I press any key, the accress violation message pops up again. Seeing as I’ve come this far and, seeing as the ONLY reason I installed it was to play Stranger Things, I’m going to leave it there. It’s a bit more involved than I would have liked. I’m sure it becomes “easy” to configure and use as time goes by, but the learning curve would appear to be much longer than, say, PinballX.

PinUP System (Player and Popper) isn’t difficult to setup if you follow my videos…but this issue you are having seems it may be something happening with vlc for some reason if it’s occurring while setting up your PuP screens. It is VERY easy to setup and configure, if you don’t have Windows problems. I’ve used both PBX and Popper extensively, and I can get Popper up and running from scratch with way more customization very easily. My learning curve for both was the same. With more options comes more settings required to learn and understand.

If you only wanted to use PinUP Player, then the setup is normally quick and simple (did you watch and follow my first video?), as you don’t need to setup Popper. Usually getting that access violation is either from incomplete files installed, or maybe files erased as a result of Windows security issues and anti-virus software removing something it shouldn’t have.

flicki
                Participant
                  @flicki

here i´ve solved the problem uninstalling pinupsystem from the hard drive (i got it on h: ) and now installed on c: it´s running fine.

wow pinuppoppers! it´s the best frontend i have ever tested  :yahoo:   :good:

bietekwiet
                  Participant
                    @bietekwiet

Digging up an old cow but I just came across this issue and was able to solve it without installing. I thought the testimonial might help people if they run into the same issue.

In my case, the “violation” message occured after adding cabinet artwork to my DIY mini pincab. Therefore I had to unhook the wiring of the controls. After applying the artwork I accidentally rewired one of the buttons the wrong way. That must have caused Pinup Player (Pinup Menu.exe specifically ) to go haywire.

Rewiring the button correctly fixed it instantly.

I could only have found out because the button light of said button was off indicating there was an issue.

Hopefully it might help people without having to reinstall.

Cheers ,

Chris

Greynurse
                    Participant
                      @greynurse

It’s been so long since I posted this problem and so much water has flowed under the bridge. First up, thank you to all who responded, especially Terry Red. As an update, I just want to tell Terry that everything is now well. I have figured out many “ins and outs” of PUP and have it running nicely. It helps to stop being that guy who never feels he ask for directions, and invest in the time to watch Terry Red’s video’s.
                      My only problem now is lack of processing power, especially from the GPU. but that’s something only I can solve. Fortunately a solution is soon to be forthcoming, despite, or maybe because of the COVID situation, but that’s another story.

So many good MP4’s in the PUP packs today. It’s  a shame we haven’t evolved with two sets of eyes. lol.

Cheers,
                      Nursie

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?