AC/DC Premium-LE-Luci

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 186 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

Download the manual and look at solenoid numbers and switch. Miners for each pinball you want to edit

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

TerryRed
        @terryred
        MemberContributorModerator

I know that Wxx are switches, Sxx are solenoids….but not more than that  :)

TerryRed
          @terryred

Is there some kind of glossary for what each thing is?

Like:

wxx = switch

sxx = solenoid

xxx = trigger

etc…

The more I know the better…

I found what I was looking for in the table script, under magna save (FIRE button). Man, VP scripts are nice and small compared to FP thanks to being able to use the original rom code.  I got it to work…but I need to learn how to do the animating better.

The script for this table was so nice and clean and easy to understand. Great stuff!

bha19
          Participant
            @bha19

I have latest vpmame and sam build but I still can’t get the game to run “error game name not found”. looking at pinmame test I see no mention of AC/DC anywhere in the roms list. What can I do now?

ninuzzu
            Participant
              @ninuzzu
              vipMember

Where did you download vpinmame? If you don’t see ac/dc in the romlist, probably you don’t have the SAM build of vpinmame:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2687-code-change-to-enable-sam-le-driver-board-support/

bha19
              Participant
                @bha19

I think I did not make my rom correctly so I will try that and post again. Thanks for your help.

bha19
                Participant
                  @bha19

O.K. so I found out that my rom was incorrect and I fixed it

Clark Kent
                  Participant
                    @clarkkent
                    MemberContributor

Can you explain the different versions? What’s the difference between them?

ozg
                    Participant
                      @netweight

Do you need to goto Stern site and download the Rom from there for each table? thanks

Yes and you just need one ROM, it’s the same for all of the Premium/LE tables (version 1.68)

Can you explain the different versions? What’s the difference between them?

backglass, cabinet, artwork, cards

bha19
                      Participant
                        @bha19

Why does the script thencall for acd168h or acd168hc? What is the difference?

randr
                        Keymaster
                          @randr
                          ModeratorMember

C is color

********************************************************
                          for IOS and Android

ozg
                          Participant
                            @netweight

Right click on the rom, (a drop down menu will pop up) go to send compressed zipped folder, then rename the new folder to acd_168h (I think that’s the right name) anyway, here’s the link to SAM:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4236-sambuild/

I think they fixed AC/DC Premium/LE to work with SAM 2.8b02

Always make sure that you have the newest of everything, like VPX 10.2.1, VPinMAME 2.8b and the newest scripts:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11572

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=11571

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=17

Another thing, always copy and paste the SAM script last (the one in the SAM folder, so you don’t overwrite it with something else)

Later

stuntcat
                            Participant
                              @stuncat

Hi , this is my first reply to a post so I hope its in the right place , first of all love this table great work, I have a couple of issues though , the ball disappears %50 of the time when I hit the bell and the AXE lanes don’t light up otherwise it works great , are there any solutions?

Dr.Tom
                              Participant
                                @crile1
                                MemberContributor

Fantastic table.  Put about an hour of continuous play on this yesterday.  For the first time, I discovered a new adjustment to VP.  Now that I’ve transitioned into the world of owning real tables, I’ve found that a 7 degree slope is the optimal amount (as do most guides for modern setup [EM’s are much less slope]).  So, I adjusted the slope in the options tab from 6.5 to 7 and boy does that improve play and take a way a lot of the “float” that you get if not there.  Just an FYI if like me, you thought some tables played a little slow.  I came to this as my wife was playing VP Lord of the Rings while I played my real one and she had her best game ever.  When looking, her ball was moving so much slower.  Now, with the slope increased, it gets closer to the real thing.  Anyhow, I got off topic…GREAT GAME!  A big thank you to everyone who contributed…this game really shows how far VP has come.  And how talented the authors are. :good:

TerryRed
                                  @terryred

Fantastic table. Put about an hour of continuous play on this yesterday. For the first time, I discovered a new adjustment to VP. Now that I’ve transitioned into the world of owning real tables, I’ve found that a 7 degree slope is the optimal amount (as do most guides for modern setup [EM’s are much less slope]). So, I adjusted the slope in the options tab from 6.5 to 7 and boy does that improve play and take a way a lot of the “float” that you get if not there. Just an FYI if like me, you thought some tables played a little slow. I came to this as my wife was playing VP Lord of the Rings while I played my real one and she had her best game ever. When looking, her ball was moving so much slower. Now, with the slope increased, it gets closer to the real thing. Anyhow, I got off topic…GREAT GAME! A big thank you to everyone who contributed…this game really shows how far VP has come. And how talented the authors are. :good:

Wait until you see how it looks with addressable leds and effects….. yes, I’ve ventured into VP DOF’ing (addressable leds only). I’ll have a video up when I get some time.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                  randr
                                  Keymaster
                                    @randr
                                    ModeratorMember

@terryred Glad to here your VP-DOF-ing! While your FP DOF tables are super i think many more people will enjoy your hard work in VP!

But i hope you continue doing some of the neat FP tables too :good:

for IOS and Android

TNT2
                                    Participant
                                      @tnt2

This makes me curious. Does a typical slope of 6.5-7 what most of you see that best emulates real tables? I always thought 6-6.5 seemed more appropriate but I don’t play as many real life tables as many of you.

bha19
                                      Participant
                                        @bha19

Hi , this is my first reply to a post so I hope its in the right place , first of all love this table great work, I have a couple of issues though , the ball disappears %50 of the time when I hit the bell and the AXE lanes don’t light up otherwise it works great , are there any solutions?

I have the same problem. I can live with the AXE lights not working but if the ball is lost in the bell I can’t play the game. I know people are working hard to fix the problems we post so thank you for that.

TerryRed
                                          @terryred

@terryred Glad to here your VP-DOF-ing! While your FP DOF tables are super i think many more people will enjoy your hard work in VP! But i hope you continue doing some of the neat FP tables too :good:

I’m quite happy with how this one has turned out so far.  It was a bit of a teething process to learn how it all works, but now it should be much easier!  What takes so long is not having a built in ball roller  mode in VP. I actually have to play the tables! :)   ( I’ll have to try that nudging hack guide on here sometime)

The one thing that is a bit of a limitation compared to what I do with DOFLinx, is that I can only really use solenoids or switches (mostly) to trigger effects and animation, and I don’t really have control beyond that. However, the upside is I don’t have to do anything to the table, and it will still work with future updates!

ninuzzu
                                          Participant
                                            @ninuzzu
                                            vipMember

What rom are you using? The tables need this rom:

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/3274-acd_168hzip/

Probably you are using the Pro rom (acd_168)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 186 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?