Ace of Speed 2019

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    dondi
    Participant
      @dondi

Ok, I changed all the BACKGLASS sounds to TABLE. I get all the sounds, but now I hear them out of my SSF speakers and the Front/main speakers

dondi
      Participant
        @dondi

I have external 7.1 USB audio device. Here are my audio settings:

AUDIO

jdsabin1
        Participant
          @jdsabin1

Brilliant table. Is there a way to turn off the DMD in the Mousin’ Around script then since they both use the same ROM? Thx.

dondi
          Participant
            @dondi

Ok, I think I got this sorted, but not sure why it works. I have a feeling it has to do with the way certain WAV files in the embedded table file were encoded (mono vs. stereo) for the BACKGLASS output. I went back to my Windows Audio settings and disabled all audio source devices for the monitors, leaving just my external USB 7.1 device (Analog & Digital). I posted an image (2 posts above) of my VPX audio settings that reflects all the “extra” audio sources being active. Analog/Speakers are still set as the default output. I opened EQAPO and got confused, and didn’t touch it (my initial thought was that I needed to merge/re-route/Copy the center channel to the Left & Right Channels). In Windows, my Center Speaker is still disabled. I re-unzipped the VPX into my tables folder to start anew. The VBS script is there as well for it to side-car on launch. The only thing I really ended-up changing was my VPX audio settings (picture below). I simply set the General Audio settings to ‘Primary’. That’s all. Not sure why this worked. Started-up the table and I now get all the correct sounds coming from the correct speaker channels. I also went through many other installed tables to ensure I didn’t mess anything up during the process. I did notice some “audio creep” through the SSF speakers (I am currently at the beginning of my cabinet build, so I am using temporary audio speakers for FRONT, SURROUND and REAR — I hope the echoing/phantoming audio will go away once I get my exciters installed). Here is the image of how it is now set up:
            AUDIO2

Thanks Franck for your generous time in trying to help me.

1 user thanked author for this post.
            BeachBumTN
            Participant
              @beachbumtn

jdsabin1,  if you have not gotten your Mousin’ Around issue sorted try the following. Thanks to sheltemke for posting this earlier in the thread – it worked for me.

for Mousin Around: Quickest script change to get back the Mousin Around music, and disable puppack on THAT Table, add this 2 line:

Ace mousin fix

outhere
                @outhere
                MemberContributorvipModerator

Brilliant table. Is there a way to turn off the DMD in the Mousin’ Around script then since they both use the same ROM? Thx.

Like @beachbumtn said add these 2 lines

.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("sound") = 1    <– If you look in Ace of Speed game it has the same line But with a zero to turn the rom sound off
                .PuPHide = 1

More Info
                http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pinup_optional

jdsabin1
                Participant
                  @jdsabin1

Thank you guys. I added those lines in the mousin around script but I also am using pinmame to show the external dmd and since the table uses scoring in the backglass I’d like to disable the DMD altogether on that table. I wasn’t sure I could do that since both tables use the same rom and the speed table needs external dmd to play the pup pack. Maybe I’m just misunderstanding things though which is normal for me haha.

outhere
                    @outhere

Use F1 turn off external puppack should still work

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    Cordsl
                    Participant
                      @cordsl

Ok, I think I got this sorted, but not sure why it works. I have a feeling it has to do with the way certain WAV files in the embedded table file were encoded (mono vs. stereo) for the BACKGLASS output. I went back to my Windows Audio settings and disabled all audio source devices for the monitors, leaving just my external USB 7.1 device (Analog & Digital). I posted an image (2 posts above) of my VPX audio settings that reflects all the “extra” audio sources being active. Analog/Speakers are still set as the default output. I opened EQAPO and got confused, and didn’t touch it (my initial thought was that I needed to merge/re-route/Copy the center channel to the Left & Right Channels). In Windows, my Center Speaker is still disabled. I re-unzipped the VPX into my tables folder to start anew. The VBS script is there as well for it to side-car on launch. The only thing I really ended-up changing was my VPX audio settings (picture below). I simply set the General Audio settings to ‘Primary’. That’s all. Not sure why this worked. Started-up the table and I now get all the correct sounds coming from the correct speaker channels. I also went through many other installed tables to ensure I didn’t mess anything up during the process. I did notice some “audio creep” through the SSF speakers (I am currently at the beginning of my cabinet build, so I am using temporary audio speakers for FRONT, SURROUND and REAR — I hope the echoing/phantoming audio will go away once I get my exciters installed). Here is the image of how it is now set up:

AUDIO2

Thanks Franck for your generous time in trying to help me.

I had the same problem, these setttings worked great!
                      Thanks dondi, you saved me a lot of searching.?

dondi
                      Participant
                        @dondi

I had the same problem, these setttings worked great!

Thanks dondi, you saved me a lot of searching.?

@cordsl
                        – Glad you sorted-out your problem. Ironically, this issue re-introduced itself after a Windows update; but it affected a bunch of my “regular” tables, like, TOTAN and Medieval Madness, etc. I was only getting feint “ghosting” audio from the front speakers. Checked all my audio settings in Windows settings, etc. All were unchanged as per my settings previously cited above. I dove into EQAPO a little deeper and it was not so difficult to Copy the Center Channel to the Left Channel with a little attenuation from the opposite channel. In EQAPO, click the + sign at the bottom to add a BASIC FILTER >> COPY CHANNEL. (In the image below, filters 2 & 3 are what I added, and I hit the edit button to expose the text I inputted.) Do the same for each, and transpose L + R for the opposite channel. Worked like a charm and seems a bit more “correct” to me as it should affect all system sounds, regardless of which app is producing audio.

EQAPO

The Loafer
                        Participant
                          @theloafer

preferences/audio options; what does yours list? Attached is mine.  This is on my desktop pc not my pincab but the logic here is that your general output sound device may be pointing to maybe your playfield TV (who’s audio is disabled) or another device that is disabled.  Like from the pic below, I don’t have anything plugged into “Realtek Digital Output (optical)” so if that was selected, you wouldn’t hear any of that audio.  The same for the “backglass specific sound device”, if the table maps sounds to one or the other and it is disabled then you will hear nothing for those sound “events”

VP audio settings

edit: I’m keeping this up to remind me to check the entire thread next time to see if anyone responded and not assume I’m on the last post LOL

Cordsl
                          Participant
                            @cordsl

@cordsl – Glad you sorted-out your problem. Ironically, this issue re-introduced itself after a Windows update; but it affected a bunch of my “regular” tables, like, TOTAN and Medieval Madness, etc. I was only getting feint “ghosting” audio from the front speakers. Checked all my audio settings in Windows settings, etc. All were unchanged as per my settings previously cited above. I dove into EQAPO a little deeper and it was not so difficult to Copy the Center Channel to the Left Channel with a little attenuation from the opposite channel. In EQAPO, click the + sign at the bottom to add a BASIC FILTER >> COPY CHANNEL. (In the image below, filters 2 & 3 are what I added, and I hit the edit button to expose the text I inputted.) Do the same for each, and transpose L + R for the opposite channel. Worked like a charm and seems a bit more “correct” to me as it should affect all system sounds, regardless of which app is producing audio.

EQAPO

It took me a while to figure it out, but it works great! Installed EQAPO as you suggested and set things the way you mentioned. There are two things i am curious at.

1: why do we have to cross from R to L and reverse?

2: why “+-6dB*C” ?

EQAPO_Settings

dondi
                            Participant
                              @dondi

@cordsl – Glad you sorted-out your problem. Ironically, this issue re-introduced itself after a Windows update; but it affected a bunch of my “regular” tables, like, TOTAN and Medieval Madness, etc. I was only getting feint “ghosting” audio from the front speakers. Checked all my audio settings in Windows settings, etc. All were unchanged as per my settings previously cited above. I dove into EQAPO a little deeper and it was not so difficult to Copy the Center Channel to the Left Channel with a little attenuation from the opposite channel. In EQAPO, click the + sign at the bottom to add a BASIC FILTER >> COPY CHANNEL. (In the image below, filters 2 & 3 are what I added, and I hit the edit button to expose the text I inputted.) Do the same for each, and transpose L + R for the opposite channel. Worked like a charm and seems a bit more “correct” to me as it should affect all system sounds, regardless of which app is producing audio.

EQAPO

It took me a while to figure it out, but it works great! Installed EQAPO as you suggested and set things the way you mentioned. There are two things i am curious at.

1: why do we have to cross from R to L and reverse?

2: why “+-6dB*C” ?

EQAPO_Settings

Change the text for Left Channel as: L=L+C
                              and for Right Channel as : R+R+C

I misunderstood the EQAPO documentation and basically copy/pasted a portion of an example when I did this.

LynnInDenver
                              Participant
                                @lynnindenver

I think we’re running into two major issues outside of our control now.

First: The expectation that if you use surround sound, you have a center speaker and want to use it, so that’s basically the default, and some receivers actually make it really hard to turn that off (we had that problem with a Sony 7.1 receiver in our console room, we had to ultimately relent and buy a center speaker that we thought was optional).

Second: Windows 10 likes to change many settings back to defaults on any and all updates now (screen sleep has been turned back on after a recent update on my computer, for instance). And I’m expecting specific surround sound settings are part of that, like forcing the center speaker off. So it makes sense we’re now relying on added software to work around the issue.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                                Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                                Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Cordsl
                                Participant
                                  @cordsl

Ok, thats clear, i’ll change it.

Bob Albright
                                  Participant
                                    @bobalbright

Some might get lost sound from pinmame after running this table and afterwards playing Mousin’ Around.

Change exit routine into this :

Sub MousinAround_Exit() : Controller.Games(cGameName).Settings.Value("sound")=1:Controller.Stop : End Sub

or get the script fix at the github repo.

This would be placed at the very end of the script? Thanks

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make"

Thalamus
                                      @thalamus
                                      ContributorMemberModerator

You can do that – yes, or just change the line that starts with it already. If a sub created twice – the last one will override the previous one so it is a lazy fix doing it that way  I guess ;)

elmiro
                                      Participant
                                        @elmiro

Buenisima Mesa!, pero como devo hacer para que me aparezcan las imagenes del PUP, solo veo el B2S Pero las animaciones ninguna y tengo los PUPVIDEOS ya copiados. Podran ayudarme,Muchas gracias!!

Ronaldvg
                                        Participant
                                          @ronaldvg

First of all, what a great table this is. So much attention to detail. Thanks for your hard work,

I have only one problem with this table, I just cannot get the music to go through the backglass. The sound is always coming through the table speakers and with the level of bass in the music, it sounds very bad. The table speakers are 6 exciters so the whole machine trembles when playing this table.

Tried everything in this support topic, such as updating drivers, trying things with APO, changing sounds in Sound manager, changing to Primary soundcard in VPX etc.

This is literally the only table this happens with (out of 262 Tables installed), so I was wondering if there could be something set in the script that influences where the sound is going to, or maybe the WAV file needs adjusting. I looked at it in Audacity and it looks strange but I do not have the know how to change it,

Hope someone has a tip, as this is a great table and it would really be a shame not to have it in the collection.

outhere
                                            @outhere

@ronaldvg
                                            Open the table in VP Editor at the top click on table, then click on sound manager, then click on the Sound and on the right use Toggle BG out
                                            If you do the wrong one just do it again, When you’re done click OK go up to file save close restart

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 114 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?