Addams family help?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    jchillin111
    Participant
      @jchillin111

It says I’m missing these two ROMs:

addam_l7.rom

tafu18l1.rom

I can’t find either of these roms on the internet anywhere. The game wont run!

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

Believe they are all on VPU.

jchillin111
        Participant
          @jchillin111

Yeah. I got the rom in there now. When I run it I get the “Machine terminated before initialized error.”

I was then told  to try to run it as an administrator. Then I got a different error – “Compiler Error.”

Why is this so hard? I’m about to give up :|

bord
            @bord
            MembervipContributorModerator

You can’t have Good, Easy, and Cheap all in one.

In the case of VP easy is the tradeoff. If you want easy you can buy the Zen stuff, which is probably right for a lot of people.

jchillin111
            Participant
              @jchillin111

sure, but there’s virtually no set up guide. I don’t even know how to set up my controller. I just wish there was some more guides on here, but there are none :|

32assassin
              Participant
                @32assassin

rom = read only memory

this has become a generic term when it comes to emulation

you actually need to search for addam_l7.zip

inside the zip file you will find bin files not rom files   tafu18l1.bin

if you load a table and have a rom missing error

you first need to check that you have all the bin files in your  addam_l7.zip file

run setup.exe on your PINMAME folder and do an audit on the rom to make sure that your zip file has the correct bin files

Although names for zip files and bin files change from one PINMAME version to the next  giving you missing rom errors

their is a high probability that your roms are accounted for  and the only problem you have

is that you currently have your Visual Pinball settings to  “run exclusive full screen”

this is a very common error that generates the “missing rom” error.

see a table you like help me find the resources so that I can finish it
                https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7qtake9whi5ium2/AAB4K4W78oMVlqSxTzKtGHTHa?dl=0

drwannarey
                Participant
                  @drwannarey

There are some pretty good tutorials on this site and “the other one”. I’ll see if I can grab some links for you.

[edit]
                  https://vpinball.com/wiki/visual-pinball-knowledge-base/first-time-installation-of-visual-pinball/

I replied to your other post on the “the other site” too.

[/edit]

JR
                  Participant
                    @jfr1

I used a bunch of the video tutorials to get set up (all on youtube).  But I found that once I had everything in place, when I encountered problems/road-blocks that if I would just Google the specifics I always found a forum post somewhere where the very same problem had been addressed.  I have a book sized folder of printouts by now.  Frustrating?  I happen to love this stuff.  But it is time consuming and not plug and play.  I think most here probably enjoy the set-up and working on the non-playing end of things as much as the games.  And I will add that as a relative newb, this is the place to be for help.

Don’t give up.  If you love pinball…you will be blown away by what the amazing minds here are doing.

themotherbrain
                    Participant
                      @themotherbrain

While its being discussed, anybody have insight into why we sometimes get the compiler error?  I get it occassionally as well. I just exit the table and reload it and it works fine, but just curious if there is a way to stop the error altogether.

Thalamus
                        @thalamus

Getting unexplained rom errors is often because of the force exclusive fullscreen. Turn it off, and turn it on later when you understand how and why. Not until the current vpm 3.2beta is distributed with the one-in-all installer do I expect to see a decrees from the guys that are too lazy to use the search functions in the forums. B-)

jchillin111
                        Participant
                          @jchillin111

ok new problem. I games to load and playable now! Except addams family. Is it because I’m loading with 10.40 and it says the table was saved with 10.60? It gives me a warning saying that. I get into the game, but I cant start it, even after I add credits. On the overhead of the board where it tells you your points, it says

Testing. . .

Rev L – 7

what should I do?

JR
                          Participant
                            @jfr1

You’ll need 10.6  So….you need to update.  Fun times!  Hope you have a beverage store near you.

jchillin111
                            Participant
                              @jchillin111

GUYS I GOT IT TO WORK! My only 2 problems:

There is no music: There are sound effects (like the paddles make sound), but there is no actual music associated with the actual Addams Family Pinball Game. How do I add in the music/other sound effects?

Also, whenever I hit the book case, the letters GREED don’t light up on the screen. It still works, but it doesn’t tell you what letter you’re at on the screen.

Please help we are almost there baby!

Badazzwi
                              Participant
                                @badazzwi

You need to adjust the rom volume to hear the music. Some tables will need this. The process varies for different manufacturers.

For Addams Family press end on the keyboard to open the coin door and then use keys 8 and 9 for volume adjustment.

If you need help on other tables there is a guide for adjusting the volume on dmd games on the other site.

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

themotherbrain
                                Participant
                                  @themotherbrain

@thalamus I’m not sure if that’s a dig at me but I was only asking a simple question in context to the topic being discussed. I only thought to ask because I was reading the thread. Thanks for the explanation. I’m pretty sure I’m not running force exclusive fullscreen, but I will have to check later

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus

@themotherbrain : I should have tagged that answer. It was meant for @jchillin111.

Your problem. Not sure exactly. Need more info on the exact error to answer. But, compiler errors that I’ve seen is from not closing vpx in between running games.

themotherbrain
                                    Participant
                                      @themotherbrain

No worries man! You’ve always been helpful to me. I do actually sometimes have multiple windows open when I’m messing around with stuff so I’m going to test your theory. It’s not a deal breaker either way because when I reload the table it works fine.

outhere
                                        @outhere
                                        MemberContributorvipModerator

One thing that’s important to do is completely Close out VP every time you switch games…
                                        Did you try all 3 versions this is The version that worked best for me
                                        The Addams Family (Bally 1992) v2.1 uncompressed.zip
                                        https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/the-addams-family-bally-1992-v2-1-g5k-sliderpoint-3rdaxis/

More info
                                        http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/3880-cursor-disappears-vp-x-10-please-help/?tab=comments#comment-42286

I run exclusive full screen only when the front end runs – Pinup Popper

START "" "[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe" 20 10 45
                                        cd "[DIREMU]"
                                        if "[RECMODE]"=="1" (
                                        START /min "" vpinballx.exe "[DIREMU]" -DisableTrueFullscreen -play "[GAMEFULLNAME]"
                                        ) else (
                                        START /min "" vpinballx.exe "[DIREMU]" -EnableTrueFullscreen -play "[GAMEFULLNAME]"
                                        )

If that’s a problem try this

START "" "[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe" 20 10 45
                                        cd "[DIREMU]"
                                        if "[RECMODE]"=="1" (
                                        START /min "" vpinballx.exe "[DIREMU]" -DisableTrueFullscreen -minimized -play "[GAMEFULLNAME]"
                                        ) else (
                                        START /min "" vpinballx.exe "[DIREMU]" -EnableTrueFullscreen -minimized -play "[GAMEFULLNAME]"
                                        )

themotherbrain
                                        Participant
                                          @themotherbrain

When I run the uncompressed version it always says pinball missing. I assumed it was because I’m running a gtx1080 and not some new crazy card? I have a pretty new rig but it never does like that one. I’d love to play that one for obvious reasons.

outhere
                                            @outhere
                                            MemberContributorvipModerator

3 screen + real DMD setup

I run windows 10
                                            Intel I7
                                            I have a gtx1070

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?