Addressable rgb

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    randr
    Keymaster
      @randr
      ModeratorMember

little video showing addressable rgb’s

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
      So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
      for IOS and Android

Vampirolatino2
      Participant
        @vampirolatino2

This weekend I will start building mine. :D

Vampirolatino2
        Participant
          @vampirolatino2

Now you need to do a part 2, showing how it’s all connected to the inside (PC). The hardware components used and so on :)

The video was fun as hell btw. Cheers!

James K
          Participant
            @hiljak

Great video, randr. I actually just received my teensy controller and 5 – 1m strips of the 144/m 2812 strips to play with. Am I understanding correctly that the rear matrix is connected to the teensy as a single channel and each of the side strips are also a single channel for three total separate channels? At one point in the video it seemed like you were saying that the side strips are connected to the rear matrix.

James K
            Participant
              @hiljak

Also randr, can you post up your cabinet xml file as an example?

Vampirolatino2
              Participant
                @vampirolatino2

I think he have all of them in just one channel. They all connect to each other forming a big loop from left to right. He is injecting POWER at the end of left and start of right to maintain amperage.

This is just my understanding, our friend randr can clarify it :)

randr
                Keymaster
                  @randr
                  ModeratorMember

Vamp is correct ALMOST. its one large loop with a single beginning and a single end. I inject power at start of right side, start of matrix and start of left side. Here is my xml. 1032 addressable rgb’s

for IOS and Android

Attachments:
                  1 user thanked author for this post.
                  James K
                  Participant
                    @hiljak

cool that makes a lot more sense now. sorry to be a pain but can you take a screenshot of your DOF config tool page to show how you have the WS2811 toy configured in the config tool as it relates to your cabinet xml? Thanks and no rush on it!!

randr
                    Keymaster
                      @randr
                      ModeratorMember

sure. here it is

for IOS and Android

Attachments:
                      James K
                      Participant
                        @hiljak

ok so that’s where I’m missing something or just dense. How does the assignment of ports 1-3, 4-6, and 10-12 equate to what you have in your cab xml?

James K
                        Participant
                          @hiljak

never mind. I see the other relevant section in the cab XML. I’ll see i f I can get it fired up this weekend. Thanks dude!

Vampirolatino2
                          Participant
                            @vampirolatino2

James, I’m in the same boat. I will be “trying” this weekend. Can’t wait :D

ICPjuggla
                              @icpjuggla
                              MembervipModerator

This is awesome randr.. You make me want to build a new cab now! lol

James K
                              Participant
                                @hiljak

Well I spent a few hours on the addressable strips Sunday and wasn’t able to get it working. I ended up with just two strips to start with, one down each playfield side with 122 leds per strip. I have right side strip being fed with power as well as the data/gnd connections, then a cable connects +, -, and data from strip one to strip two. Power is also injected again at the front of strip two.

The data line and gnd are connected to the orange/orange-white (pair 1) of the ethernet cable and that is connected to the left ethernet port on the teensy adapter as in the photo. I’ve updated the cabinet.xml including the com port, number of leds, etc.. Also updated the DOF files to R3 and unblocked. Strips do nothing. I also added the WS2811 in DOF config tool with PF Right Flashers MX on port 1 and PF Left Flashers MX on port 4.

Any ideas? I also attached my cab and global xml files. Not sure what else to try. One thought is, do my strips even work? They came straight from china….

randr
                                Keymaster
                                  @randr
                                  ModeratorMember

Strips are directional so make sure arrows on strips flow proper direction! that could be a issue for sure if wired from wrong end! i would need to see your 30.ini and cabinet.xml files to say anymore. also dof log would also help.

********************************************************
                                  for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Vampirolatino2
                                  Participant
                                    @vampirolatino2

James … don’t bother… this shit don’t work .. lol! No, now seriously…. I’m having the SAME exact problem as you. Weird that now there is 3 peoples with the same problem. LEdwiz is all “good” because is automatic. But the globalwhatever.xml file isn’t been read not matter where I put it. config folder, table folder, directoutput folder. Etc. It shows in DOF frontend via B2S that it isn’t loading the global, table or cabinet.xml

you can follow my painful adventure here: http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2180-addressable-rgbs/

PS: You can test your strips by loading the BASIC TEST from OCto folder. It’s configured to write to 120 leds, so you need to change that number to the amount of leds you have, for example 3 strips of 144 = 432

We need help my friend. Badly :wacko:

Vampirolatino2
                                    Participant
                                      @vampirolatino2

James I downloaded your doff.rar file and the cabinet.xml is … wrong?
                                      Check that out.

James K
                                      Participant
                                        @hiljak

The first strip is now working after fixing my cabinet.xml file. I attached a rar with my updated cab.xml, ini files, and global config file. Can you take a look and see if anything looks suspect? I’m not sure why the second strip is not working. I checked solder connections and everything looks good. Both strips are going the same direction like a snake, is that correct? ( power/data in-> |strip—>| ==== |strip—>| )

* Also I have voltage at the very last pads on the second strip so good there. :scratch:

Vampirolatino2
                                        Participant
                                          @vampirolatino2

James what OS version do you have?
                                          Using DOF R3 beta2?

Let me check the files and I get back at you.

Vampirolatino2
                                          Participant
                                            @vampirolatino2

Your cabinet.xml and global file are ok by looking at it. You have configured 244 leds… you should have that amount of leds working.

Make sure all 3 connections are soldered right, red to red, green to green and white to white. Check continuity. Injecting power at the end is ok for 244 leds. Is good practice to inject power every 144 or so leds.

You can post pictures of the leds strips if you want too.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 69 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?