This topic contains 27 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  uncels 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
     Vampirolatino2 
    Participant

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boy, I think I found the solution why the fucking shit wasn’t reading the global shit…. shit!

It’s because it is ONLY accepting/looking for GlobalConfig_B2SServer that name. If I change it to GlobalConfig_whatever it doesn’t work. So there ya go, a nice bug from DOF R3. the * isn’t working AT ALL. Something is embedded in the program to look for that specific file name….?

And I think James problem is around this (the bold part):

<LedStrip>
    <Name>Sideboard Left</Name>
    <Width>1</Width>
    <Height>151</Height>
    <LedStripArrangement>RightLeftTopDown</LedStripArrangement>
    <ColorOrder>GRB</ColorOrder>
    <FirstLedNumber>881</FirstLedNumber>
    <FadingCurveName>SwissLizardsLedCurve</FadingCurveName>
    <OutputControllerName>WS2811Controller</OutputControllerName>
    </LedStrip>

<LedStrip>
    <Name>Sideboard Right</Name>
    <Width>1</Width>
    <Height>151</Height>
    <LedStripArrangement>LeftRightBottomUp</LedStripArrangement>
    <ColorOrder>GRB</ColorOrder>
    <FirstLedNumber>1</FirstLedNumber>
    <FadingCurveName>SwissLizardsLedCurve</FadingCurveName>
    <OutputControllerName>WS2811Controller</OutputControllerName>
    </LedStrip>

Some users who have liked this topic:

Vampirolatino2 
    Participant

Did a quick and dirty test and FINALLY I GOT IT WORKING! :yahoo:

Tomorrow I will clean my cabinet.xml and tailor it to my setup. Do a final test and post results. James, don’t worry I will try to help you, yours is more easy than what I was dealing with. Sigh … finally … light at the end of the tunnel … see what I did there? lol :P

James K 
    Participant

Glad you got it going! Spending hours hunched over a cab troubleshooting something can be maddening! I think you are right that my problem is still something in my cabinet.xml file. I switches LED strips and the second strip works fine in the first strip’s position. Maybe I’ll try adding the second strip to another port on the teensy instead of daisy chaining the two.

I did, however, receive this and got it going B-) Need to figure out a decent mounting setup to my DMD grill.

Attachments:
     Vampirolatino2 
    Participant

Thanks James! Yes… hunting down a problem is crazy. But I think you can daisy chain them no problem at all.
    I will upload a customized cabinet file for you to test.

Edit: attached file

Try it and let me know. You should have the start from right to left all sorted out now. Remember that the strip goes: Start bottom right side and the end is bottom left side. Making like a horse shoe.

Attachments:
     James K 
    Participant

I tried the updated cabinet.xml and still only one strip works. If I connect the other strip in the first position, it also works. I went ahead and doublechecked all the solder points and everything is good. I have configuration issue still I believe. Any other ideas?

Vampirolatino2 
    Participant

Now that I have a little more understanding of the concept behind how it works. I have more confident thatwe can solver this.

If you are sure it isn’t hardware. Then we can move on to the software part.
    Question:
    How many leds in total you have?
    How is the placement?
    Where the data start?
    Example:
    720 leds in total
    144 in the right
    432 in the back
    144 in the left
    Data start at right side of ledstrip all the way to the end of the left side.

Then post your cabinet.xml again and…
    With this information from you, I can see what is wrong in your cabinet.xml

:good:

Vampirolatino2 
    Participant

A quick overview of your old cabinet file you posted and I can already see that you are using the wrong direction of <LedStripArrangement></LedStripArrangement>
    If your data for example Start at PF Right, you use: <LedStripArrangement>LeftRightBottomUp</LedStripArrangement>
    But if is the same data coming down to the Left side, then you use <LedStripArrangement>RightLeftTopDown</LedStripArrangement>

Picture it like this: If you see it in front of you you see the right side like this >>>>>>>>>>>
    So it mean the data flow from left to right, and you want to use it as a side? Then is Bottom Up

And the left side is like this <<<<<<<<<<<
    So it mean the data flow from right to left, and you want to use it as a side? Then it flows Top Down

Here you can see and play with them: http://pinball.weilenmann.net/docu/DirectOutputWIP/toy_builtin.html#DirectOutput_Cab_Toys_Hardware_LedStrip_LedStripArrangement

uncels 
    Participant

Did any of you tried this with an ESP8266  (Arduino) ?

I’m waiting for parts, to have it running.

Attachments:
Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2018 VPinBall.com

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account