After two tables PUPopper ignores key inputs

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    VPinKrusty
    Participant
      @vpinkrusty

Hello world (again),

after having set up everything I finally got to play with my cab using VPX 10.5. on a Win10 Pro machine. As front end of course the latest version of PUPopper is used.

Still a cool app but there’s one not so little thing:
      After having started PUPopper I choose and play a table. I exit (default key setting) the table back to PUPopper and choose the next table.

After I exit the second table and get back to PUPopper, it almost instantly ignores every app related key input like Q or Game Next/Prior. There’s maybe one second left after exiting the second table in which I can flip through the wheel but then suddenly nothing forever.

PUPopper itself still works, it even falls back to attract mode after a while and shows some other tables but nothing more. This happens always after exiting the second table of choice in a session. The Windows task manager shows that VPX is killed, the PUPopper related apps don’t show any sign of exzessive cpu usage. I can even flip through the apps using Tab+Alt but to get back to Windows I need to kill PUPopper apps with at least Alt+F4.

Looking at the faqs, I manipulated the vpxtsarter.exe and pupcloser.exe timings without any results.

Ok, does someone know how I can get PUPopper to let me play a third and much more tables in a session? Any help is highly appreciated.

Kind Regads
      Matt

NailBuster
        @nailbuster
        ModeratorMember

try setting useDOF=false in your pupscript.  and I bet the problem will go away….

if so then need to focus on why dof is doing it…

1 user thanked author for this post.
        VPinKrusty
        Participant
          @vpinkrusty

Hi NailBuster,

thank you so much! Setting the vaule to “false” did the trick!

You want me to send a certain file to take a look at it?

Kind Regard

Matt

NailBuster
            @nailbuster
            ModeratorMember

what exact dof hardware are you using?

if you enable back dof.. when you leave a table, sit there and watch how long it takes for your DOF buttons to light up. (don’t press any keys until dof comes back)

VPinKrusty
            Participant
              @vpinkrusty

Hardware

Control board: PinControl 2

Toys (not much yet): 8 Siemens 24V contactors, 5 5V LED illuminated buttons, 1 5V beacon light

The test result:

Oddly enough now with the value set back to “true” it still works even after exiting 3 tables :unsure: .

The dof lights came back after about 3-4 seconds.

Thanks a lot for your help!

NailBuster
                @nailbuster
                ModeratorMember

the problem is with DOF…

the problem will happen if you press keys (which sends stuff to dof) while its coming back (sometimes)…  not much Popper can do as DOF says that its OK to send new stuffs…and DOF doesn’t have a nice check like… if ‘ok’ then process dof.  once dof crashes in the script there’s no coming back.

fyi….all dof interface code is in the pupscript file.  hopefully DOF in future will have more functions to make it better….

VPinKrusty
                Participant
                  @vpinkrusty

Thanks a ton for your help on this one.

I just set the value to “false” for now, not a real problem for me.

Kind regards!

Thalamus
                    @thalamus
                    ContributorMemberModerator

If you are not running the “unified” dof – then I think you should give that a chance. Saw that they talked about some timer fixes just recently.

VPinKrusty
                    Participant
                      @vpinkrusty

If you are not running the “unified” dof – then I think you should give that a chance. 

I’ll take a look at it.

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?