Air Aces (Bally 1975)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    bord
      @bord
      MembervipContributorModerator

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/air-aces-bally-1975/

Air Aces is a really fun drop target shooting gallery pinball by Bally from 1975.

A while back Updon contacted me about building out a Bally Air Aces redraw that he was working on. Scottacus was on board for scripting/rules and the project took off from there.

There is an options menu for replay/EB, ball shadow, coin/free play, 3/5 ball, etc. if you hold the left flipper during Game Over.

B2S included.

Updon: redraw
      Scottacus: script, menu, rules
      Bord: table & graphics, backglass

Total of 27 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
      bord
        @bord

4k screenshot

AA_FS

2 users thanked author for this post.
        randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

Love DropTargets!

This looks GREAT. thanks once again Bord

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
          So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
          for IOS and Android

Thalamus
            @thalamus
            ContributorMemberModerator

3 very competent guys in a coop sounds like a recipe for success. Thank you Updon, Scottacus and Bord. Download now, playing tomorrow. Tonight beers get priority over VP :)

Should add – looks amazing !

outhere
              @outhere
              MemberContributorvipModerator

Wow Love the EM’s – Looks Great

After The 1st ball it Automatically gives a 1000 points to the next player With the ball
              I see when you load the game up It remembers the credits from last time but there are no credits

bord
                @bord

Wow Love the EM’s – Looks Great

After The 1st ball it Automatically gives a 1000 points to the next player With the ball

I see when you load the game up It remembers the credits from last time but there are no credits

Check your menu. Default is free play.

I’ll check with @scottacus on a scoring fix for the 1000 pts.

STAT
                Participant
                  @stefanaustria
                  MemberContributor

Thanks Guys, great Team Work here :good:  a very nice Table.
                  I have a few Coins left .. let’s Play … B-)

kds70
                  Participant
                    @kds70

@bord:

i was beta testing this table (Scott´s scripting) for while. Noticed this 1000 points error already and it was fixed by Scott 2 months ago.

Btw these 3 issues i´ve found 2 months ago:

1) coin / credit DOF button not displaying that starting a game is possible
                    2) backglass didn´t show who´s players turn … maybe player number should be light up
                    3) a funny thing on multiplayer: if the game from one player has ended table is counting / displaying his points at the backglas the next player gets 1000 points too

i´ll try your release version now; thanks for your work Bord and Scott. :rose:

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

arconovum
                    Participant
                      @nicholaschristopher
                      MemberContributor

thanks again bord. makes sense a shooting gallery considering the subject of the table.

bord
                        @bord

Thanks, @kds70. Must’ve missed a script update at some point. I’ll look into it.

kds70
                        Participant
                          @kds70

@bord: by the way … this table looks amazing; those apron cards; lighnting wents over the playfield when targets going down and so on. Very good job.

VPin: Williams Time Warp Cabinet (1979), 4K playfield: 40" Iiyama X4071UHSU, backglass: 32" LG. Pin2DMD, Pincontrol 1, LEDWiz, nudging, tilt, plunger, 10 big siemens contactors, Shaker, Strobo, Gear, Beacon, RGB Flasher 5x, Knocker, PC: Intel i5 2500k@4.5Ghz, 8 GB Ram, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, Win10

1 user thanked author for this post.
                          Ben Logan2
                          Participant
                            @benlogan2

Always love a Friday release. Thanks Updon, Scottacus and Bord!

Micronaut
                            Participant
                              @micronaut

Yeeees!  :yahoo:
                              another classic EM pinball from the 70s  :heart:
                              Thanks bord and scottacus, much appreciated this great work  :good:

The Loafer
                              Participant
                                @theloafer

Thanks Bord/Scottacus/Updon, appreciate these releases!

Updon
                                Participant
                                  @posty90

There are many tables that the 1000 bonus light is lit on each new ball, even my Black Sheep Squadron which is a rom based game works the same way and videos I have watched show that,  more then likely it is based on the advance bonus stepper unit when it gets reset it goes to position one which is 1000 so you do basically get 1000 points on every ball, there are a few tables around that this is the way it is.  If you drained every ball with out hitting anything you would have 5000 at the end of the game, but yes the next player in multiplayer should get the points at the end of the ball that is a error

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus
                                    ContributorMemberModerator

If found two small issues. Both related to the table sound. The bumpers and the rubberhits doesn’t match between the sample as the script. I expect there will be a 1000 point update ? But, until it does. Go to sound manager and rename.

Drybonz
                                    Participant
                                      @drybonz

Looks like a good one… thank you.     :good:

bord
                                        @bord

Got a few fixes to submit tonight (thank @scottacus for fitting it into his weekend). Scoring fixes for multiplayer games, some sound fixes, flashing backglass lights, new POV.

There will be another update down the road with some visual tweaks but it isn’t high priority. I think this should address the big stuff. And if not…

2 users thanked author for this post.
                                        STAT
                                        Participant
                                          @stefanaustria
                                          MemberContributor

For me, i changed POV again (File below), see Top and Bottom Areas here …

Scottacus
                                          Participant
                                            @scottacus
                                            MembervipContributor

Sorry I missed the release of this table because I’ve been busy in the workshop putting the finishing touches on my Tropic Fun restoration.

When Bord sent me the table a few months ago I looked at the layout and didn’t think much of the game.  There aren’t many playfield elements so it’s a very open table but the steep slings really do a nice job at making it hard to trap balls and the center drain area is pretty wide.  After playing a few games I really came to like the table.

Great job on the lighting and graphics, the game has a cool theme  and you guys did a great job bringing it to vp.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 72 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?