Aladdin’s Castle (Bally 1976)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    -=Dozer=-
    Participant
      @dozer

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/aladdins-castle-bally-1976/

This is a conversion of MJR’s VP9 Aladdin’s Castle to VPX.  I thought I’d tackle an EM for a change as I wanted to try a table without a ROM and also because this game has a special place in my nostalgic past.    This was the first pinball machine I ever played at the ripe old age of 7 years old :) – It was located in a shop directly across from the house I grew up in so I spent many a night feeding coins into it.

I spent a bit of time on the desktop mode and even threw some animations in there. Probably went over the top a bit but this was a great learning experience for me so I kept going.   There are some graphics features that are specific to desktop mode and these can be found at the start of the script.   The included B2S was the one originally created by MJR for the VP9 version and is included in the archive.

Have Fun – Dozer.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Nice surprise. Thank you. Looks great

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

bord
          @bord
          MembervipContributorModerator

Looks great! Can’t wait to play it. Cool that you went the EM route.

STAT
          Participant
            @stefanaustria
            MemberContributor

Dozer, please all Tables what you have seen between 7 and now B-)

Kalavera3
            Participant
              @kalavera3

I am with many to try it, visually beautiful as soon as I finish working and I know what I will do thanks Dozer! :yes:

Cognis
              Participant
                @cognis
                This reply has been marked as private.
                -=Dozer=-
                Participant
                  @dozer

This quote contains content marked as private.

Hey there, yes, the image above is a 1080p screen grab from the table.  Even on a 1080p monitor  the apron instruction text isn’t great so it’s going to look worse on a 4K monitor. Unfortunately resources for this table are pretty light on so I had to deal with what I had.   There are probably better instruction cards around that could be included or at least created that would help.   We’re in a bit of a transition period at the moment between display resolutions but because I’ve not moved to 4K yet, I’m kind of stuck in low def world and I’m always particularly lazy with instruction cards as I see them as more of a dressing on a 1080p monitor.

Pinbolt
                  Participant
                    @pinbolt

Amazing table. Thank you Dozer.

Mark70
                    Participant
                      @mark70

I was aware when I download a dozer table, it’s gonna be great. And so it is, it looks great and especially plays great!
                      I like the table speed, the weak trafo, and the great idea to put the highscore postit on the DMD overlay graphik :good:
                      Thanks for sharing

-=Dozer=-
                      Participant
                        @dozer

I was aware when I download a dozer table, it’s gonna be great. And so it is, it looks great and especially plays great!

I like the table speed, the weak trafo, and the great idea to put the highscore postit on the DMD overlay graphik :good:

Thanks for sharing

Hey Man, thanks for the kind words – the high score graphic on the DirectB2S is the work of MJR – he’s a very good programmer, I’m a spaghetti coder :)

Micronaut
                        Participant
                          @micronaut

excellent EM table,

looks and plays very well,

great job, :good:

Thalamus
                            @thalamus
                            ContributorMemberModerator

I’m yet to play this but of course I want to thank you for your hard work and also sharing the story behind it. It kind of gives a special feel to it knowing. I can’t remember which table was my first, but from time to time I see YT videos and I get the warm feeling of recognition.  :rose:

N3roflint
                            Participant
                              @n3roflint

Thanks Dozer I can’t wait to try this out.

This quote contains content marked as private.

Cat got your tongue?

Al
                              Participant
                                @alandee

Thanks Dozer, great table!

I worked in a little arcade as one of my first jobs, it was actually called Aladdins Castle, and the first pinball I ever unstuck coins in, probably snuck a few free games for mates, cleaned and played was also Aladdins Castle :)

:heart:

Cheers,

al.

vogliadicane
                                Participant
                                  @vogliadicane

Thanks Dozer, beautyful table. Love the lighting and physics and the sound at the U-turn is great!

I saw, that many mech sounds are rooted to the backglass, which wasn’t intended, I think?

Something else, I like playing this table, but I never got the purpose of those damn tandem double flippers… other than making the player totally dizzy, because he MUST NOT stop the ball as he usually does a lot :wacko:

-=Dozer=-
                                  Participant
                                    @dozer

Thanks Dozer, beautyful table. Love the lighting and physics and the sound at the U-turn is great!

I saw, that many mech sounds are rooted to the backglass, which wasn’t intended, I think?

Something else, I like playing this table, but I never got the purpose of those damn tandem double flippers… other than making the player totally dizzy, because he MUST NOT stop the ball as he usually does a lot :wacko:

Nice catch – I forgot the check the good old sound manager for sound positioning – that’s where it placed them when the table was imported.  I’ll release an update shortly that moves them to the correct position.

Yeah those double flippers are a real bastard – I reckon they put them there to increase drains.   Your natural reaction is to try to cradle (or at least catch) a ball there and it often goes straight through the middle of both flippers :)

chokeee
                                    Participant
                                      @chokeee

Thanks Dozer for that great table! :)

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus
                                        ContributorMemberModerator

If you have problems with the right flippers. It simply means you haven’t played Paragon enough – I surely have. B-)

Happy to hear that a ssf update is coming to this table because it is a great release. Thanks Dozer.

-=Dozer=-
                                        Participant
                                          @dozer

If you have problems with the right flippers. It simply means you haven’t played Paragon enough – I surely have. B-)

Happy to hear that a ssf update is coming to this table because it is a great release. Thanks Dozer.

1.01 has been uploaded – I kept some of the stuff that would be found in an EM backbox set to that area but the rest of the sounds have been moved to the table section.

Bladeof
                                          Participant
                                            @bladeof

Thanks for very nice table Dozer :good:  One question, I don’t see a hi-score post it on the backglass that is mentioned a few posts above, is it only for desktop, I have a 2 Monitor cab.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?