Aliens FX3 PuP-Pack (BG, Topper, SSF, Movie Music)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/aliens-fx3-pup-pack-bg-topper-ssf-movie-music/

This newly updated Aliens FX3 PuP-Pack has more videos, has been updated to use newer PuP features, and has optional SSF (Surround Sound Feedback) and Movie Music!

All Video, Media and Artwork, PuP-Pack Editor & PuPCapture files by TerryRed

Video preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1tNlyc9qY4&t

Requirements:

DMDExt 1.7 or higher installed (32 bit ONLY, NOT 64 bit!!!) and PuP settings enabled

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/freezy-dmdext-1-7-a-universal-dll-for-real-dmd-virtual-dmd-and-pinup-system/

Pinball FX3 / 2:  Needs to have in-game cabinet support enabled. DMD relocation enabled and the FX3 DMD (set at 1040×272) positioned off screen and working with DMDext.

PinUP System 1.3.4 or greater installed and PinUP Player setup.

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/pinup-system-player-and-popper-front-end-install/

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=release_notes

DOF R3++(For DOFLinx):

http://mjrnet.org/pinscape/dll-updates.html

DOFLinx 6.31 or higher (for PuP SSF):

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12318

DMD Colors:  Default (Yellow, for Single Player),

Red DMD (P1 in Hot Seat) won’t work with the PupCapture files in this PuP-Pack.

It’s important that you set your DMD colours to match the default in order to ensure proper PuPCapture operation.

Topper screen not Required:

I have included 2 versions of the PuP-Pack. One for those with a Topper screen, and another for those with an Under screen.

You DO NOT require one of those screens to use this PuP-Pack. You can simply disable the Topper screen of this PuP-Pack using the PuPack Editor.

Installation:

Extract the PuP-Pack archive of your choice to a temporary folder.

Ensure there are no files in your “PUPVideos – Aliens” folder (if that folder already exists).

Copy the PuP-Pack (Aliens) folder into your PUPVideos folder.

Note: SSF and Movie Music is disabled by default.

If you wish to use SSF (Surround Sound Feedback), you will need to turn the “physics” sound level to OFF in the FX3 settings menu. (This will affect ALL FX3 tables)

If you want to use the Movie Music, then you need to turn the “Music” sound level to OFF in the FX3 settings menu. (This will affect ALL FX3 tables)

To enable either SSF , Movie Music, or both…you need to extract the appropriate zip file to your “PUPVideos – Aliens” folder overwriting all files.

Music for this PuP-Pack was used from SLAMT1LT’s excellent Aliens Legacy table on Future Pinball.

7 users thanked author for this post.
      TerryRed
        @terryred

For a video preview of the PuP-Pack…some new videos and the new Movie Music, watch here.

TerryRed
          @terryred

This is my Popper launch script for dmdext and FX3 for reference. Note that this command requires 1.7.1 of dmdext! Do not run either dmdext.exe or Pinball FX3.exe as Admin with this, or the PuP-Pack will not close out properly when exiting the game.

c:

cd "C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME"

start /min "" "dmdext.exe" mirror --source=pinballfx3 --fx3-legacy -q -d virtual --virtual-hide-grip --virtual-position=3878 1524 1280 --pinup PINUP\[GAMENAME]

START "" "[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe" 5 5 60 "Pinball FX3"

START "" "[DIREMU]\steam.exe" -applaunch 442120 -table_[GAMENAME]

This is a Launch Before command example for Pinball X:

Executable:

dmdext.exe

Parameters:

mirror --source=pinballfx3 --fx3-legacy -q -d virtual --virtual-hide-grip --virtual-position2966 -80 800 480 --pinup PINUP\[TABLEFILE]
          Mark70
          Participant
            @mark70

Yeah – Awesome!! The previous one was already great!
            Thanks a lot, I will install this soon.

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

Just watched video! I must say very impressive! Maybe I should get fx3 if for just checking out your work!

thanks terry very cool stuff

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
              So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
              for IOS and Android

1 user thanked author for this post.
              coreduo0099
              Participant
                @coreduo0099

Thanks Terry,

Awesome work as always…  So this motivated me to dig in and get my dmdEXT working with FX3.  Had cabinet mode before, but the dmdext looks much better.  I have a suggestion, which is 0.8 dot size.

This Also motivated me to try the new pup system front end.  I had some issues ill post in the appropriate place, but was only successful with pinballX to get the pup pack to work properly vs just showing the static alien picture with the movie clips, which I thought was odd since I’m just using the same commands as I would in cmd.

Anyways, I found that the command line arguments don’t match the cmd line help from dmdext. and my DOF did not kick in immediately.

I used this mirror syntax and options:

mirror –source=pinballfx3 –fx3-legacy -q –d=virtual –virtual-position=3874 155 1300 302 –virtual-hide-grip true –grid-spacing 0 –virtual-dotsize 0.8 –pinup [GAMENAME]

coreduo0099
                Participant
                  @coreduo0099

Oh, forgot the biggest item.  When loading I see the PUP backglass with the alien, then it flips to the FX3 one with the marine and stays that way. the PUPSCREEN2 window does not get focused over the FX3 Backglass.  Any ideas?  (PinballX Front End)

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Oh, forgot the biggest item. When loading I see the PUP backglass with the alien, then it flips to the FX3 one with the marine and stays that way. the PUPSCREEN2 window does not get focused over the FX3 Backglass. Any ideas? (PinballX Front End)

Yes…remove the FX3 directb2s for Aliens FX3.

TerryRed
                      @terryred

Thanks Terry,

Awesome work as always… So this motivated me to dig in and get my dmdEXT working with FX3. Had cabinet mode before, but the dmdext looks much better. I have a suggestion, which is 0.8 dot size.

This Also motivated me to try the new pup system front end. I had some issues ill post in the appropriate place, but was only successful with pinballX to get the pup pack to work properly vs just showing the static alien picture with the movie clips, which I thought was odd since I’m just using the same commands as I would in cmd.

Anyways, I found that the command line arguments don’t match the cmd line help from dmdext. and my DOF did not kick in immediately.

mirror –source=pinballfx3 –fx3-legacy -q –d=virtual –virtual-position=3874 155 1300 302 –virtual-hide-grip true –grid-spacing 0 –virtual-dotsize 0.8 –pinup [GAMENAME]

Interesting… I did just try:

--pinup [GAMENAME]

..and that actually worked for me. However, Nailbuster did say that this was required:

--pinup PINUP\[GAMENAME]

….and that also works. So I would need to confirm why

--pinup PINUP\[GAMENAME]

was required. Maybe possibly the new 1.7.1 changed something compared to 1.7. Have to wait for Nailbuster to get back from snoozing at his cabin to find out. :)

TerryRed
                        @terryred

Thanks Terry,

Awesome work as always… So this motivated me to dig in and get my dmdEXT working with FX3. Had cabinet mode before, but the dmdext looks much better. I have a suggestion, which is 0.8 dot size.

This Also motivated me to try the new pup system front end. I had some issues ill post in the appropriate place, but was only successful with pinballX to get the pup pack to work properly vs just showing the static alien picture with the movie clips, which I thought was odd since I’m just using the same commands as I would in cmd.

Interesting… I did just try:

--pinup [GAMENAME]

..and that actually worked for me. However, Nailbuster did say that this was required:

--pinup PINUP\[GAMENAME]

….and that also works. So I would need to confirm why

--pinup PINUP\[GAMENAME]

was required. Maybe possibly the new 1.7.1 changed something compared to 1.7. Have to wait for Nailbuster to get back from snoozing at his cabin to find out. :)

OK…DO NOT use --pinup [GAMENAME]

While it “may” work (it does for me), its not working “correctly” if it does… The only way --pinup [GAMENAME] will work for Aliens is if you have DOFLinx working with SSF PuP-Packs…otherwise it won’t work for anyone.

Using --pinup PINUP\[GAMENAME] is the only “correct” way to use dmdext with Pinup Player. If you use --pinup [GAMENAME] (without doflinx init’ing the pup-pack), then you won’t get PuPCApture DMD triggers, and the videos won’t play.

coreduo0099
                        Participant
                          @coreduo0099

Thanks for the followup..  I guess another anomaly on my system as the videos to play fine and DOF works too.  I think I’ll reboot and tinker some more…

coreduo0099
                          Participant
                            @coreduo0099

reinstalled/rebooted and now it’s working as expected.

STAT
                            Participant
                              @stefanaustria
                              MemberContributor

WOW that Looks cool, i only tested PuP with the first (?) Tron Table,
                              probably i should try out more … :good:

NetzZwerg
                              Participant
                                @netzzwerg

Thank you Terry for the upload and all for all the other work you do for this community! I already installed your Tron Pack and it looks fantastic in my Cab.

I have a problem with this Pack. I tried to install it in the way you discribed but it seems like PUP is not detecting the pack. I still see the topper image which I defined for the frontend but not the one from the pack. Also the backglass does not work, it shows a black screen. I deleted the B2s file in the DirectOutput/FX3_B2S as well…

Do you have any idea what could be the problem? :scratch:

TerryRed
                                  @terryred

Thank you Terry for the upload and all for all the other work you do for this community! I already installed your Tron Pack and it looks fantastic in my Cab.

I have a problem with this Pack. I tried to install it in the way you discribed but it seems like PUP is not detecting the pack. I still see the topper image which I defined for the frontend but not the one from the pack. Also the backglass does not work, it shows a black screen. I deleted the B2s file in the DirectOutput/FX3_B2S as well…

I need more info:

-what dmdext are you using? It should be freezy’s 1.71, 32 bits files ONLY in your VPinMAME folder.

-are any files blocked?

-what is your command line like. It’s important to have everything correct, as missing one dash or slash will cause it to fail. It should be (Popper example):

start /min "" "dmdext.exe" mirror --source=pinballfx3 --fx3-legacy -q -d auto --virtual-hide-grip --virtual-position=3400 5 400 --pinup PINUP\[GAMENAME]

-it MUST be a legit steam version, and the table must be one you purchased.

-FX3 cabinet settings must be enabled. Backglass setting turned OFF, DMD settings MUST be 1040×272, and positioned off screen so you can use the freezy DMD instead.

NetzZwerg
                                  Participant
                                    @netzzwerg

I need more info:

-what dmdext are you using? It should be freezy’s 1.71, 32 bits files ONLY in your VPinMAME folder.

-are any files blocked?

-what is your command line like. It’s important to have everything correct, as missing one dash or slash will cause it to fail. It should be (Popper example):

start /min "" "dmdext.exe" mirror --source=pinballfx3 --fx3-legacy -q -d auto --virtual-hide-grip --virtual-position=3400 5 400 --pinup PINUP\[GAMENAME]

-FX3 cabinet settings must be enabled. Backglass setting turned OFF, DMD settings MUST be 1040×272, and positioned off screen so you can use the freezy DMD instead.

Thanks for your reply.

There are no files blocked. I am using the 1.7.1  32bit version of freezy´s and it works fine with Pinupsystem without any issues, even on that table. My lauch setup line is:

start /min “” “dmdext.exe” mirror –source=pinballfx3 -q -d auto –fx3-legacy –virtual-hide-grip –virtual-position=2160 1336 1280 370 -pinup PinUP\[GAMENAME]

And yes, it is the official steam version of the game. The problem is just the BG and Topper that won´t show up…

Regards

Edit: I found out that adding the second “-” before “-pinup PinUp\[GAMENAME]” (like your example) will cause dmdext to stop working. It shows up again if I just use one…

TerryRed
                                      @terryred

I need more info:

-are any files blocked?

Thanks for your reply.

There are no files blocked. I am using the 1.7.1 32bit version of freezy´s and it works fine with Pinupsystem without any issues, even on that table. My lauch setup line is:

start /min “” “dmdext.exe” mirror –source=pinballfx3 -q -d auto –fx3-legacy –virtual-hide-grip –virtual-position=2160 1336 1280 370 -pinup PinUP\[GAMENAME]

And yes, it is the official steam version of the game. The problem is just the BG and Topper that won´t show up…

Regards

Edit: I found out that adding the second “-” before “-pinup PinUp\[GAMENAME]” (like your example) will cause dmdext to stop working. It shows up again if I just use one…

If you only have -pinup PinUp\[GAMENAME] with one dash, then you are not using telling dmdext to use pinup. It’s the same as not using that option, and that’s why you both don’t see a pup-pack starting but also see the dmd working.

If adding a 2nd dash causes dmdext to NOT work,…then be absolutely sure you have the 32bit 1.7.1 version of dmdext installed, and you are not using or referencing an older version in your path. Some people used to have dmdext in a different location than VPinMAME, and they were still pointing to it.

The bottom line is you are having an issue with dmdext. For example, if you open a command prompt and then change to the path where dmdext is, you should be able to get the pup-pack to work outside of popper. Try running this from a command prompt, after changing to the directory where dmdext is (which should be VPinMAME).

dmdext mirror --source=pinballfx3 -d virtual --fx3-legacy --pinup PinUp\ALIENS

You “should” have your dmdext window show up. You may get text showing info like this:

dmdext_aliens_command_prompt

After this, you can then just run FX3 and load aliens and the pup-pack should fire up.

NetzZwerg
                                      Participant
                                        @netzzwerg

I need more info:

-are any files blocked?

Thanks for your reply.

There are no files blocked. I am using the 1.7.1 32bit version of freezy´s and it works fine with Pinupsystem without any issues, even on that table. My lauch setup line is:

Regards

If you only have -pinup PinUp\[GAMENAME] with one dash, then you are not using telling dmdext to use pinup. It’s the same as not using that option, and that’s why you both don’t see a pup-pack starting but also see the dmd working.

If adding a 2nd dash causes dmdext to NOT work,…then be absolutely sure you have the 32bit 1.7.1 version of dmdext installed, and you are not using or referencing an older version in your path. Some people used to have dmdext in a different location than VPinMAME, and they were still pointing to it.

The bottom line is you are having an issue with dmdext. For example, if you open a command prompt and then change to the path where dmdext is, you should be able to get the pup-pack to work outside of popper. Try running this from a command prompt, after changing to the directory where dmdext is (which should be VPinMAME).

dmdext mirror --source=pinballfx3 -d virtual --fx3-legacy --pinup PinUp\ALIENS

You “should” have your dmdext window show up. You may get text showing info like this:

dmdext_aliens_command_prompt

After this, you can then just run FX3 and load aliens and the pup-pack should fire up.

I double checked and could not find any other dmdext.exe or dmddevice.ini an my computer, except those two files in the vpinmame folder. The dmd works fine in vpx and shows up at the position I defined in the dmddevice.ini file, but when I use the command line to mirror the Dmd, it shows up with wrong position and size (same like your screenshot on the playfield screen) . So I moved it to the right screen and position and launched PFX3 and the PUP pack runs fine like you expected.

I changed the popper launch line to --pinup PinUp\[GAMENAME] , but still no dmd and no BG after table launch...

I think the reason why I don´t see the dmd through the popper system could have something to do with the wrong positioning of the dmd. Somehow popper seems to use a different ini file, but I can not find one. It also does not save the position after I drag the dmd by mouse.

TerryRed
                                          @terryred

dmdext DOES NOT use dmddevice.ini

You define dmd size and position from the Popper command line, like the examples I have given.

Make sure you are pointing to WHERE your dmdext is! Change it for your setup.

c:

cd "c:\emulators\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME"

Those numbers after  --virtual-position= aren’t just too look pretty. Those are x pos, y pos, width.

Be sure you have 2 dashes for everything like I show above. If you copy and paste from the wrong spot, you won’t get 2 dashes or a slash,etc.. Copy from my “code” example above.

NetzZwerg
                                          Participant
                                            @netzzwerg

I already had the –virtual-position added to my popper command line with no effect, like I posted above.

Now I copied your example again and changed the positions to fit my screen setup.

Sadly it still did not work But I realized a hidden error message :

error

It seems to fail while checking for PinDMD V3 on COM1. Now I found out, that my Controller is causing the issue. I use a Pincontrol 1 and as soon as I unplug it, the DMD and the PUP Media immediately apear where they should and look awesome :-)

When I plug in the controller after the table lauched, there is no problem while playing. When I start the game with the controller pluged in, I have to press the Controllers reset button and the DMD appears. Maybe there is a command to tell dmdext to NOT check COM port 1 or PinDMD V3?

EDIT:

I changed the command line from auto to virtual and now it works perfect. :yahoo:

Thank you for your help and patience and please continue your great works!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 103 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?