Aliens FX3 PuP-Pack (BG, Topper, SSF, Movie Music)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    TerryRed
      @terryred
      MemberContributorModerator

I already had the –virtual-position added to my popper command line with no effect, like I posted above.

Now I copied your example again and changed the positions to fit my screen setup.

Sadly it still did not work But I realized a hidden error message :

error

It seems to fail while checking for PinDMD V3 on COM1. Now I found out, that my Controller is causing the issue. I use a Pincontrol 1 and as soon as I unplug it, the DMD and the PUP Media immediately apear where they should and look awesome :-)

When I plug in the controller after the table lauched, there is no problem while playing. When I start the game with the controller pluged in, I have to press the Controllers reset button and the DMD appears. Maybe there is a command to tell dmdext to NOT check COM port 1 or PinDMD V3?

EDIT:

I changed the command line from auto to virtual and now it works perfect. :yahoo:

Thank you for your help and patience and please continue your great works!

To clarify, the game needs to be played in English for the PuP-Pack to work.

You have a PinDMD3? If so then you should be using dmdext to output on your real DMD, not a virtual one! It’s kind of important for you to mention you had a PINDMD3 in the beginning. :P

EDIT….Never mind…I misread what you posted…. you were talking about the PinControl.

Sorry about that.

classicradios
      Participant
        @classicradios

I’ve tried everything and just can’t get this Pup Pack working.  When I launch: dmdext mirror –source=pinballfx3 -d virtual –fx3-legacy –pinup PinUp\ALIENS  the Pup Pack backglass and topper load but FX3 immediately crashes.  I’ve followed the install instructions and updated everything, DMDext is working in FX3.  I have all VPX Pup Packs working perfectly and love them! Thanks for your work on those.  I know DOFLinx is in need of an update as FX3 just updated, Could a DOFLinx issue cause the crash?  I’m only using the Topper/Backglass version, no SSF or movie music.

A few things to note:

This is a legit purchased FX3 table.  When I launch the script the DMD loads but the command prompt only shows one line..The text of the command, nothing else loads in command prompt like your photo above.  I don’t have a realDMD, using Virtual DMD on a third monitor.  Using Cabinet mode with FX3.  Tried running DMDext and FX3.exe with and without “run as Admin” same result.  If I launch and run with: start /min “” “dmdext.exe” mirror –source=pinballfx3 –fx3-legacy -q -d virtual –virtual-hide-grip –virtual-position=3878 1524 1280 –pinup PINUP\[GAMENAME] the game and DMD work perfectly but the Pup Pack is not detected.

TerryRed
          @terryred

Do you for sure have the 32 bit version of freezy 1.71 installed in VPinMAME? FX3 uses only dmdext.ext (not dmdevice.dll, dmddevice.ini)? Be sure its the 32 bit (x86) 1.71 version of dmdext.

Are you updated to the newest version of PUP 1.3.6?

If so, be sure there isn’t any blocked files.

Try running this outside of any front end from a command prompt and then try running FX3. Adjust the position to what you use. Do this NOT as Admin. Make sure you copy from the code below. If you copy from a normal post, you may be missing extra dashes or slash.

dmdext.exe mirror --source=pinballfx3 --fx3-legacy -q -d virtual --virtual-hide-grip --virtual-position=3878 1524 1280 --pinup PINUP\ALIENS

After that is run you “should” see dmdext DMD running. If not…then you have an issue with either your dmdext files, or your PuP files.

If it is running fine…then run FX3. Once you are into the Alien table you should be seeing the PuP-Pack appear.

classicradios
          Participant
            @classicradios

Yes 1.71 (x86) version installed.  Also PUP 1.3.6.   I Do see the DMDext DMD running when I use the code but when I open FX3 the pup backglass and topper load and then fx3 crashes.  In theory everything should work.  I’ll double check for blocked files when I get home Tonight.  I already tried downloading and replacing the pup pack again. DMDext is installed in VPinmame.  Thanks for the help.

TerryRed
              @terryred

I just tested with new update of FX3 using mjr’s version of dmdext that fixed some bugs in 1.71. PuP-Pack is working great for with it as well as using the new grabber method without needing the –fx3-legacy parameter!

It can be found on post #390 here. ONLY use the dmdext.exe from his zip, as the dmdevice.dll he updated causes issues with VPX:

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=40679&page=20

Try that version of dmdext, and you can also try without the –fx3-legacy flag which will allow for the new grabber method to be used.

dmdext.exe mirror --source=pinballfx3 -q -d virtual --virtual-hide-grip --virtual-position=3878 1524 1280 --pinup PINUP\ALIENS

If that works…then you can also disable DMD repositioning in FX3 cabinet settings, as the new grabber method fetched from FX3 memory instead of the external DMD window.

IF all the above is working from command line…then try the normal command line in Popper without the –fx3-legacy flag as well.

classicradios
              Participant
                @classicradios

Great thanks!  I’ll try this tonight and report back.

classicradios
                Participant
                  @classicradios

Yay! It’s working!!  Thank you Terry.

I downloaded the .zip from Post#390 and replaced the dmdext.exe  in my Vpinmame folder.  I didn’t change the Freezy 1.71 dmddevice.dll or my ini.  No Admin on fx3.exe or dmdext.exe  and I did disable DMD repositioning in FX3.  All Pup Packs working perfectly now in VPX and FX3.   Here are the scripts that work for me and my Cabinet setup:

FX3 tables

start /min “” “dmdext.exe” mirror –source=pinballfx3 -q -d virtual –virtual-hide-grip –virtual-position=2966 -80 800 480 –pinup PINUP\[GAMENAME]

FX3 “ALIENS” Pup Pack

start /min “” “dmdext.exe” mirror –source=pinballfx3 -q -d virtual –virtual-hide-grip –virtual-position=2966 -80 800 480 –pinup PINUP\ALIENS

Thank you again for all the help.  Looking forward to future Pup Packs!

Jim

TerryRed
                    @terryred

Yay! It’s working!! Thank you Terry.

I downloaded the .zip from Post#390 and replaced the dmdext.exe in my Vpinmame folder. I didn’t change the Freezy 1.71 dmddevice.dll or my ini. No Admin on fx3.exe or dmdext.exe and I did disable DMD repositioning in FX3. All Pup Packs working perfectly now in VPX and FX3. Here are the scripts that work for me and my Cabinet setup:

FX3 tables

start /min “” “dmdext.exe” mirror –source=pinballfx3 -q -d virtual –virtual-hide-grip –virtual-position=2966 -80 800 480 –pinup PINUP\[GAMENAME]

FX3 “ALIENS” Pup Pack

start /min “” “dmdext.exe” mirror –source=pinballfx3 -q -d virtual –virtual-hide-grip –virtual-position=2966 -80 800 480 –pinup PINUP\ALIENS

Thank you again for all the help. Looking forward to future Pup Packs!

Jim

In your front end, you should use this…as this should work for all Fx3 tables and Aliens…and any future FX3 PuP-Packs

classicradios
                    Participant
                      @classicradios

ALIENS PUP Pack doesn’t start with my front end using that code..All FX3 tables work with DMDext running  but when I start ALIENS no PUP Pack, It just plays like all the other FX3 tables.  I have to use /Aliens and run it outside of front end to detect Pup Pack.  Maybe it’s time to transition my FX3 tables to Popper?  My front end handles all VPX pup packs with ease.

TerryRed
                        @terryred

Oh…if you are using PBX…then what I posted won’t work!

You need to use what PBX uses!

Try for Launch Before:

Executable:

dmdext.exe

Parameters:

mirror --source=pinballfx3 -q -d virtual --virtual-hide-grip --virtual-position2966 -80 800 480 --pinup PINUP\[TABLEFILE]

classicradios
                        Participant
                          @classicradios

Yes I’m using PBX with a .bat script very close to your code in the Launch Before.  I changed it to what you suggested but same result..Fx3 tables and dmdext DMD work great but Pup Pack just doesn’t  show up for ALIENS.

TerryRed
                            @terryred

Yes I’m using PBX with a .bat script very close to your code in the Launch Before. I changed it to what you suggested but same result..Fx3 tables and DMD work great but Pup Pack just doesn’t show up for ALIENS.

You can’t use what I posted in a BAT. That’s why I showed you how to enter it without using a BAT. Just fill in the executable (and the path to where it is), and add that parameters as a show you. No need for a BAT file.

The reason why that BAT file won’t work is because the [TABLEFILE] isn’t getting passed from the bat to PBX. It’s a PBX thing.

classicradios
                            Participant
                              @classicradios

Sorry I was unclear in my reply…I was using a bat file but I removed that and directly entered your code into the parameter and changed executable to dmdext.exe as you said.  but still not loading pup pack.  I’m close just have one more problem somewhere to solve.

Update:  I shut down steam completely and restarted ..Aliens Pup Pack loaded for the first time Thru PBX! but..focus is on the command prompt (on playfield monitor) I can ALT/Tab and select FX3 table but it only stays on briefly and goes back to command prompt.

Attachments:
                              classicradios
                              Participant
                                @classicradios

I have this Pup Pack loading and running perfectly with the Popper front end.  I wonder why I’m having a focus issue with only this table and Pup Pack in PBX?  All other FX3 tables load correctly with PBX.

TerryRed
                                  @terryred

You have a PuP-PAck and dmdext “popping up”…so that “can take away focus. One of the many things I don’t miss with PBX. Using exclusive fullscreen usually helps…but FX3 didnt always use that correctly.

Try this:

I have attached a file. Copy it to your “PuPVideos\Aliens” folder. You MUST rename it to pupinit.BAT

What this does is, when the PuP-PAck starts… PuP will run this BAT file and try to keep FX3 in focus for the time specified in the file “after” the PuP-Pack is started.

Make sure the pupinit.BAT is not blocked.

Attachments:
                                  classicradios
                                  Participant
                                    @classicradios

Thank you for the file!

Well that did something…The focus is trying to lock on the table but it goes from table to blackscreen to table every few seconds.  I tried different values 10000,15000,2500030,000 and 40,000 but mostly same result.  .Bat is not blocked and my PBX is in Full screen.   I’m starting to really like Popper anyway with all those layered playlist options! May go exclusive to Popper front end.  Been setting up Popper today but my PBX Table videos are flipped when I load them into “Playfield” folder in POPmedia.  Do I need to maually rotate them all or is the a setting within Popper?

TerryRed
                                      @terryred

Thank you for the file!

Well that did something…The focus is trying to lock on the table but it goes from table to blackscreen to table every few seconds. I tried different values 10000,15000,2500030,000 and 40,000 but mostly same result. .Bat is not blocked and my PBX is in Full screen. I’m starting to really like Popper anyway with all those layered playlist options! May go exclusive to Popper front end. Been setting up Popper today but my PBX Table videos are flipped when I load them into “Playfield” folder in POPmedia. Do I need to maually rotate them all or is the a setting within Popper?

Please watch my videos for setting up PinupSytstem! Make sure you are using the 1.3.6 installer. Follow the videos step by step. Its out of date, but still helpful..

…and read the wiki for further questions.

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php

Then install freezy 1.71 32 bit files after installing and setting up:

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/freezy-dmdext-1-7-a-universal-dll-for-real-dmd-virtual-dmd-and-pinup-system/

PBX actually requires the playfield videos rotated…don’t know why they did that for all these years. Anyway, I made some FFMPEG batch files that will convert those PBX videos for you. Easy to do in 2 clicks:

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/terryreds-ffmpeg-video-converter-scripts/

classicradios
                                      Participant
                                        @classicradios

Thank you!!

Yep, I’ve been watching those videos, That’s how I got this far. Very helpful!

Have a great week!

Mark70
                                        Participant
                                          @mark70

And big thanks for this one too. I (finally) installed this new version and it looks fantastic!

charlieshakur
                                          Participant
                                            @charlieshakur

i would love to get this pup pack working can i get a step by step for this as there so much info and is this even still working with latest updates and such i would be very grateful :)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 103 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?