Aliens FX3 PuP-Pack (BG, Topper, SSF, Movie Music)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    balilolo
    Participant
      @balilolo

hi

if my launch script is : start /min “” “dmdext.exe” mirror –source=pinballfx3 –fx3-legacy -q -d virtual –virtual-hide-grip –virtual-position=3878 1524 1280 –pinup PINUP\[GAMENAME]

the pup pack is working but the teensy’s not

if my launch script is start /min “” “dmdext.exe” mirror –source=pinballfx3 –fx3-legacy -q -d virtual –virtual-hide-grip –virtual-position=3878 1524 1280 -o PinUP\[GAMENAME]

teensy’s working but not the pup pack

any help ??

EDIT : i had  ‘auto’ instead of ‘virtual’, now everything’s working:

start /min “” “dmdext.exe” mirror –source=pinballfx3 –fx3-legacy -q -d auto –virtual-hide-grip –virtual-position=3878 1524 1280 –pinup PINUP\[GAMENAME]

crazy4cab
      Participant
        @lorenzo

Solved !! :yahoo:

What a stupid that I was, … :wacko:
        Damn to the day that I choose the DMD language in Italian.
        I spent more than three hours observing and changing the Aliens Pup Pack.
        Watching the Terry Red’s video tutorial about “how to create Pup Pack” … I realized why only almost 30% of the video pop up. :yahoo:

Another thing, I’ve tried to create a very basic Aliens VS Predator Pup Pack, it’s so hard to assembling all the stuff, videos, topper, overlay.
        I’ve understand the very basic of Pup Capture Auto but somethings was wrong because my DMD capture was different than the x.bmp in Aliens and DMD caps named xxxxxx.bmp.

Waiting for the next Terry Red’s tutorial that explain how to use auto Pup Capture DMD in P. FX3 and set correctly the Trigger and the name of the Pup Caps refering to the video that also allows (maybe) to play the right videos in the backglass and in the topper.

Thanks again for sharing your hard work for Aliens, etc …

Master TerryRed, finally I have won with all the installations and all the files organizations for the Aliens Pup Pack loading.
        My PFX3 favorite table now with the Pup-Packs is awsome, recently I’ve jumped in the 4K era.
        Thanks for sharing this piece of art with us.  B-)
        I’m sorry  if I bother you but I need a little help for how to see attract mode video before launching the first ball and how to see the topper in the APc mode.  Also the music can’t play until the start mode isn’t activeted.

In attachments my Pup pack editor with the Aliens Pup Pack loaded.
        Greetings from Italy :bye:
        Thanks

xxFONxx
        Participant
          @xxfonxx

error aliensHi. I need help. It is impossible to make it work. :cry:

My problem is that it does not activate the PupPack. The DMD is displayed correctly, the command line is correct to activate the DMD, but it only shows it. No backglass, no SSF, no MUSIC …. pup not active Any ideas please? thanks

charlieshakur
          Participant
            @charlieshakur

i just cant get it to close the puppack when i have finished i have checked everything is not in admin mode any ideas people glad to have it running thoe

TerryRed
              @terryred
              MemberContributorModerator

i just cant get it to close the puppack when i have finished i have checked everything is not in admin mode any ideas people glad to have it running thoe

Everyone, be sure you have the NEWEST DOFLinx (if using SSF with the pup-pack or DOF for cabinet lighting and feedback,etc). That fixed some bugs that probably is keeping it open on you. It has been working REALLY good at closing out pup-packs, etc for FP anf FX3.

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12318

After that… if you have other problems, then consider trying Nailbuster’s new pupdmdcontrol for the dmd instead of dmdext. You need to be using popper for it to work. It’s been working really good for most people and with less problems than dmdext…and has full colour.  If you do use it you will need to change the dmd colour to orange for Aliens pup-pack to trigger all videos correctly.

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pupdmd_fx3&fbclid=IwAR2hc6ABH80vYDKmBW9jJXyAURLmtNzcbjtcYxx0XsMwRrgHsGjDlNQEi9g

coreduo0099
              Participant
                @coreduo0099

Hi,

I think the last DOF update may be causing issues with aliens.. Anyone tried to run in since the last DOFLinux Update 6.82?

I get this…  Seems to be tied to the DOFLinx.vbs script.  If I disable doflinx the table runs (without DOF of course)

alienserror

Thanks

TerryRed
                  @terryred

Hi,

I think the last DOF update may be causing issues with aliens.. Anyone tried to run in since the last DOFLinux Update 6.82?

I get this…  Seems to be tied to the DOFLinx.vbs script.  If I disable doflinx the table runs (without DOF of course)

alienserror

Thanks

Did you copy over the “new” DOFLinx.vbs (included with the DOFLinx update) to your “Future Pinball\Scripts” folder? It’s required. For every update to DOFLinx you should copy over that file as occasionally it does get updated. That’s why I don’t include it with tables.

I’ve been testing my Jaws Ultimate Pro update with no problems.

….and this is the wrong post for the Future Pinball Aliens (DOFLinx)

crazy4cab
                  Participant
                    @lorenzo

Check all the passages from beginning to the end. Terry Red and Nailbusters video tutorials, are very helpful.

Check also here    http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=emulator_fx_non_steam

Very important: DMD color in Pinball FX3 option must be default color and English language.

coreduo0099
                    Participant
                      @coreduo0099

Sorry, that was FP aliens, not FX3 aliens.. (but I do have the new vbs script from 1.82 in my scripts folder and calling the script is what causes the crash).. the FX3 Aliens is working fine for me BTW….

Got it working.. not sure what it was but re-copied my fp and dof from backup and got it working…

TerryRed
                        @terryred

Hi,

alienserror

Thanks

So, I’m guessing you have a chime? If so, then that explains this error as it was a bug related to the chimes specifically. DDH69 found the bug and will issue an updated fix today.

coreduo0099
                        Participant
                          @coreduo0099

So, I’m guessing you have a chime? If so, then that explains this error as it was a bug related to the chimes specifically. DDH69 found the bug and will issue an updated fix today.

Yes, I added the new toys in my .ini which my table has.

outhere
                            @outhere
                            MemberContributorvipModerator

DOFLinx 6.84

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=12318

matlo74
                            Participant
                              @matlo74

Hello

I followed instructions but I have an issue. Nothing is displayed in the backglass. SSF is working.

I checked my FX3_B2S folder and it is empty. When I quit the game the puppack is displayed in the backglass.

Thanks for your help

anthony

TerryRed
                                @terryred

Hello

I followed instructions but I have an issue. Nothing is displayed in the backglass. SSF is working.

I checked my FX3_B2S folder and it is empty. When I quit the game the puppack is displayed in the backglass.

Thanks for your help

anthony

Make sure you have FX3’s “Backglass repositioning” in Cabinet settings turned off. You may have that on and blocking the pup-pack.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                matlo74
                                Participant
                                  @matlo74

Thanks Terry. Indeed, backglass repositionning was on and put it on off.

Now I have only the puppack screen displayed on backglass but no video at all. Moreover, I have same image displayed whatever table I use in FX3.

Thanks

Edit : I now have video after I changed dmd from default to orange. But I lost SSF

TerryRed
                                    @terryred

Good news, for people that have aliens pup-pack not closing. rablack did some troubleshooting and we found out that the link on wiki is pointed to older driver. Grab latest pupdmd driver again from here and put in vpinmame root.

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pupdmd_fx3

This is for those using Popper and pupdmdcontrol instead of dmdext.

TerryRed
                                      @terryred

Thanks Terry. Indeed, backglass repositionning was on and put it on off.

Now I have only the puppack screen displayed on backglass but no video at all. Moreover, I have same image displayed whatever table I use in FX3.

Thanks

Edit : I now have video after I changed dmd from default to orange. But I lost SSF

If you made these changes to DOFLinx.ini :

PATH_FX3=C:\DirectOutput\FX3_PUPlayer\

and you have latest DOFLinx installed… it should work.

Watch this video for more info on setting up DOFLinx correctly. DOFLinx only handles the SSF portion and DOF….it doesn’t trigger any videos. That is triggered from dmdext or PuPDMDControl.

matlo74
                                      Participant
                                        @matlo74

yes I have those parameters as I watched your video last night

Thanks anyway I will keep on searching

outhere
                                          @outhere
                                          MemberContributorvipModerator

Good news, for people that have aliens pup-pack not closing. rablack did some troubleshooting and we found out that the link on wiki is pointed to older driver. Grab latest pupdmd driver again from here and put in vpinmame root.

http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pupdmd_fx3

This is for those using Popper and pupdmdcontrol instead of dmdext.

All fixed —  Thank you

newtopinball78
                                          Participant
                                            @newtopinball78

Yes just tested thanks for the fix it is closing out now….the only thing was after updating the pupdmd driver and running fx3 through popper my dmd wasn’t showing so I had to launch fx3 directly not through pinup popper close it and then open fx3 through popper and everything worked as it should.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 103 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?