Aliens FX3 PuP-Pack (BG, Topper, SSF, Movie Music)

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    dgrace
    Participant
      @dgrace

I have pupdmd working for my non-steam FX2 tables. Will this also work for the non-steam FX2 Aliens table? Just curious. Thanks

gtriolet
      Participant
        @gtriolet

trying to setup Doflinx but getting msg Error in configuration for RGB item #0 trying to set to 1 Needs to be in range 1-0.  …. how do I resolve this… trying to get pup-pack working in Pinball FX3… thanks

outhere
          @outhere
          MemberContributorvipModerator

Post here

https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showforum=106

Aether
          Participant
            @aether

Hey guys, have aliens pupack working fine with dmdext, but the pindmdv2 is not displaying in all colours.  Missing shades.

Tried using pupdmd from nailbusters site, but pupack and dmd now not showing anything at all.

This is driving me crazy, please help.

Aether
            Participant
              @aether

Using pupdmd I get the below in puplog and dmddevice.

Doesn’t look right compared to the log I got when using dmdext.

20191229_124311

20191229_124319

coreduo0099
              Participant
                @coreduo0099

Try the latest build here.  Also try without legacy option…

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/freezy/dmd-extensions/builds/28501080/job/of2xcyb12jwip7kd/artifacts

krizalid00
                Participant
                  @krizalid00

I have a problem, you can already see the backglass of aliens but you cannot change the other videos when I am playing they could help me

coreduo0099
                  Participant
                    @coreduo0099

I have a problem, you can already see the backglass of aliens but you cannot change the other videos when I am playing they could help me

Use 173 r100 release from here https://ci.appveyor.com/project/freezy/dmd-extensions/history.  builds after r100 seem to have broken the ailiens puppack.

krizalid00
                    Participant
                      @krizalid00

Tengo un problema, ya puedes ver el backglass de extraterrestres pero no puedes cambiar los otros videos cuando estoy jugando, podrían ayudarme

Utilice la versión 173 r100 desde aquí https://ci.appveyor.com/project/freezy/dmd-extensions/history. Las construcciones posteriores a r100 parecen haber roto el ailiens puppack.

ok but the link you put me doesn’t work

coreduo0099
                      Participant
                        @coreduo0099

Looks like the period got pulled into the url when I posted it.  remove the period and it works.  URLs don’t end with periods. “.”….

krizalid00
                        Participant
                          @krizalid00

I already downloaded several pup pack, and only in xmen It gives me some videos, the others like transformers, tron, and aliens from fx3 only send me in video, but while I play there is no change from the other videos, I still cannot understand the pup pack packages, in the editor

KrS14
                          Participant
                            @krs14

I’m having a lot of difficulty as well.  Only with FX3 PuP packs.  VP packs all work flawlessly.  The Pinup front end works without issue as well for VP and FX3 tables.

When I launch Aliens, it loads FX3, loads the table, loads the DMD, and the backglass that was playing for the popper goes away, and I’m left with Windows desktop.

For some reason It’s not picking up that the ganme has launched, or can’t read the DMD correctly maybe.  I tried getting PUPDMD to work, but that looks a whole lot more confusing than using DMDEXT.

I’ve tried 1.8.1 of freezy as well, no change.

These are running:

2 x PinUpDisplay.exe

1 x PinUpPlayer.exe

1 x PinUpMenu.exe

I’ve tried re-extracting everything, nothing changes. Is there a log or a debug mode I can use to try and track this down?

I’m at a loss.

outhere
                              @outhere

Post your launch script

KrS14
                              Participant
                                @krs14

Currently working with this, there’s been a lot of revisions:

@echo off
                                rem remove rem to setup your DMDEXT press “open examples for more info”
                                cd /d “C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME”

start /min “” “dmdext.exe” mirror –source=pinballfx3 -q -d virtual –virtual-hide-grip –virtual-position=3840 0 520 -o PinUP\[GAMENAME]

START “” “[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe” 5 5 60 “Pinball FX3”

START “” “[DIREMU]\steam.exe” -applaunch 442120 -table_[GAMENAME]

outhere
                                  @outhere

More info  — http://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=emulator_fx_non_steam

Try this
                                  start /min "" "dmdext.exe" mirror --source=pinballfx3 -q -d virtual --virtual-hide-grip --virtual-position=3840 0 520 -o --pinup PINUP\[GAMENAME]

KrS14
                                  Participant
                                    @krs14

That has helped, (the legacy hook seemed to do the trick)

I can at least get the backglass to change and display what it should when the game is running compared to my popper video,  but I never get any of the pup pack videos on it.

The DMDEXT is up and reading FX3 (great!) but it’s god awful res, the second screen top left one is the FX3 DMD it’s clear anything.

Just need to figure out why it’s not triggering videos now I guess.
                                    Thanks outhere!

KrS14
                                    Participant
                                      @krs14

I got it to work just now.  I guess I had the position numbers all wonky, kind of vague in all the instructions I’ve read unfortunately. Had to be ‘–virtual-position=1920 550 1040 272’

Going to try PuPDMD now as it would be much easier to use if possible.

outhere
                                        @outhere

So the DMDEXT DMD looks good now?
                                        I was never able to get the puppack to work right using pupDMD so I used the DMDEXT only for the alien game
                                        If you’re not familiar with this go to game manager on the left pic the alien game, On the right towards the bottom under custom2 put DMDEXT

With this normally it will use the pupDMD and when you run alien game it will use the DMDEXT
                                        These are just some different ideas and use what’s best for you

@echo off
                                        if "[CUSTOM2]"=="DMDEXT" (
                                        cd /d "C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME"
                                        start /min "" "dmdext.exe" mirror --source=pinballfx3 -q -d virtual --virtual-hide-grip --virtual-position=1920 550 1040 272 --pinup PINUP\[GAMENAME]
                                        ) else (
                                        cd /d "C:\Visual Pinball\VPinMAME"
                                        start /min "" "PUPDMDControl.exe" FX3 PINUP\[GAMENAME]
                                        )

START "" "[STARTDIR]Launch\VPXSTARTER.exe" 5 1 9 "PinballFX3Launcher"

START "" "[DIREMU]\steam.exe" -applaunch 442120 -table_[GAMENAME]

KrS14
                                        Participant
                                          @krs14

I should correct my last post, it wasn’t the CMD line numbers that fixed it playing the pack right, it was the DMD size in FX3 itself that was the issue, had to be 1040 x 272.

I’d prefer to see the FX3 DMD, but since it HAS to be that res i have to use the DMDEXT output which is still not the greatest looking, but it’s ok.

I was doing all this on my test PC, works good now, of course i transfer all settings over to my Pincab, and it still closes all popup displays and shows nothing lol.

This is a great exercise in learning the flow from popper to FX3/VP  but it’s starting to get redundant lol, logs would be helpful.

OH and a HUGE win would be to have PinUpMenuSetup REMEMBER it’s window position so I don’t have to move it off a physically rotated playfield screen everytime :)  but that’s for a different thread.

I’ll keep your thoughts in using DMDEXT for just Aliens, but if I can get EXT to work on it’s own in my pincab, i’ll probably leave it alone once it works ;)

KrS14
                                          Participant
                                            @krs14

It’s magically broken again with nothing changed.

I fear pup packs with fx3 is just not worth it at all, I’ve spent another 8 hours today trying to get it to display correctly.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 103 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?