Aliens FX3 PuP-Pack (BG, Topper, SSF, Movie Music)

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 103 total)
  • Author
    Lunatech Fringe
    Participant
      @lunatechfringe

I have no problems getting the PUPDMD to work, but PUP Packs, even simple ones, don’t load.  I only see the DMD and desktop on my backglass monitor.

Lunatech Fringe
      Participant
        @lunatechfringe

OK, I figured out my problem.  Even though I wasn’t intending on configuring DOF / DOFLinx, it appears to be REQUIRED if you want to use the backglass package or PUP Packs to work with this.  The documentation led me to believe it wasn’t required if you weren’t using force feedback, etc.  It’s pretty easy to configure, too.  All I had to do is modify the DOFLinx.ini to point to the folder I wanted to use.  I’m opting for PUP Packs in my case, since I’ve taken all of the animated backglass I’ve found while setting up PinUP Popper and created mini (micro?) PUP Packs with ONLY the backglass video (without sound) and the PUPDMD.

1 user thanked author for this post.
        Lunatech Fringe
        Participant
          @lunatechfringe

To add to my previous post, I was able to fully resolve this.  After double-checking my DOFLinx configuration with the video guide, I reconfigured the PUP Pack for my setup (two screens). It was so easy that I can kick myself for the hours I wasted trying to figure this out.

The fix…
          I don’t have a Topper, so I configured the Topper to ForceBack (instead of off…THAT’S IMPORTANT, as it wasn’t working properly when it was off). I then configured Other1/BackGlass2 to ForceOn. I left ForceBack as is for Backglass.  The PUP Pack is finally working for me.  I hope this helps any two-screen cabinet users out there scratching their heads trying figure this out.

Daytona24
          Participant
            @daytona24

I am using Nailbusters PUPDMD control for FX3, all working well.  The Aliens PP launches and seems to partially work.  I get the video in the opening and some things pop up like NEWT, FACEHUGGER, VASQUEZ.  But I don’t get the car in the beginning or any Ball Locked or Ball Lost, etc.  Thoughts?  I an not using DMDEXT, is that 100% the requirement.  DOOM seems to work ok as well.

TerryRed
              @terryred
              MemberContributorModerator

I am using Nailbusters PUPDMD control for FX3, all working well. The Aliens PP launches and seems to partially work. I get the video in the opening and some things pop up like NEWT, FACEHUGGER, VASQUEZ. But I don’t get the car in the beginning or any Ball Locked or Ball Lost, etc. Thoughts? I an not using DMDEXT, is that 100% the requirement. DOOM seems to work ok as well.

Change the DMD colour to Orange (needed for pupdmd.exe on this pup-pack)

Daytona24
              Participant
                @daytona24

I am using Nailbusters PUPDMD control for FX3, all working well. The Aliens PP launches and seems to partially work. I get the video in the opening and some things pop up like NEWT, FACEHUGGER, VASQUEZ. But I don’t get the car in the beginning or any Ball Locked or Ball Lost, etc. Thoughts? I an not using DMDEXT, is that 100% the requirement. DOOM seems to work ok as well.

Thanks Terry, that worked.

Do you know if it’s possible to make an Orange DMD Alt Mode in Popper?

Great work on the PUP Pack BTW.

TerryRed
                  @terryred

Not that I know of.

That said… you can try changing the colour back to yellow… and try copying these modified pupcapture images to the pupcapture folder in the pup-pack.

They were converted by Nailbuster to try to adjust the pupcapture images to match the brighter output used by pupdmd.exe.

2 users thanked author for this post.
                  outhere
                    @outhere
                    MemberContributorvipModerator

@daytona24
                    For me No matter what color I used pupDMD would not work right for aliens
                    For aliens I’m using dmdext with FX3 set to default colors

Daytona24
                    Participant
                      @daytona24

Not that I know of.

That said… you can try changing the colour back to yellow… and try copying these modified pupcapture images to the pupcapture folder in the pup-pack.

They were converted by Nailbuster to try to adjust the pupcapture images to match the brighter output used by pupdmd.exe.

Thank you SO much that WORKED!

buzzibaer
                      Participant
                        @buzzibaer

Setting the language within the FX3 is essential :)
                        I am from Germany and it took my some time to figure out that the DMD language is set by the language of FX3 overall. You have to change this on the properties of the steam game withn steam.

buzzibaer
                        Participant
                          @buzzibaer

I made a addtional topper vid for Terrys great PUPPack.
                          https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/aliens-topper-vid-for-aliens-1986/
                          Yes its my first and i am proud of this smal thingee :)

Attachments:
                          scampa123
                          Participant
                            @scampa123

How do I change the color of PuPDMD?

I do not see that described in the Nailbuster page:

https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=pupdmd_fx3/

Thank you!!

TerryRed
                              @terryred

You don’t.

PUPDMD is only mirroring whatever FX3’s DMD is showing.

scampa123
                              Participant
                                @scampa123

Thanks Terry for the quick response.

So I need to change FX3’s DMD color to Orange if using PUPDMD for your Pup Pack then to make it work?

I asked this on your YouTube video for PUPCapture.  I guess it’s not just pattern matching, the actual color matters…

thanks again, I’m excited to deploy this!!

TerryRed
                                  @terryred

Thanks Terry for the quick response.

So I need to change FX3’s DMD color to Orange if using PUPDMD for your Pup Pack then to make it work?

I asked this on your YouTube video for PUPCapture. I guess it’s not just pattern matching, the actual color matters…

thanks again, I’m excited to deploy this!!

Read here:

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/aliens-fx3-pup-pack-bg-topper-ssf-movie-music/page/5/#post-206878

scampa123
                                  Participant
                                    @scampa123

Thanks Terry I did see that file, and used it…It all worked first try!  Thank you

scampa123
                                    Participant
                                      @scampa123

Great pack!  Thank you for putting this together and sharing!

quicksave80
                                      Participant
                                        @quicksave80

I must be missing something because I can’t get this to work. I have set up DOFLINX and DMDext shows up fine on all tables. The the tables I have Backglass for also work. But the PuPPack will not work. I am just launching FX3 by itself as I have not added a front end yet. Puppacks for VPX all work perfectly. Is there some setting for pinup player to know FX3 is launching? no table folders appear in the PuPPack folder like it does for VPX. No errors in DMDext cmd either. Any ideas?

abique
                                        Participant
                                          @abique

@daytona24

For me No matter what color I used pupDMD would not work right for aliens

For aliens I’m using dmdext with FX3 set to default colors

You mean you did a sperate launch script for Aliens FX3? How did you do that? Frontend is Popper?

Thanks in advance and best regards!

43" 4k Playfield, 32" 2K Backglass, real DMD (pin2dmd), Pinup Popper

outhere
                                            @outhere
                                            MemberContributorvipModerator

@abique
                                            See –> Aliens FX3 PuP-Pack Not triggering videos
                                            Try this – https://www.nailbuster.com/wikipinup/doku.php?id=popper_fx3#aliens_fx3_pup-pack_not_triggering_videos

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 103 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?