All the sudden ALL VPX tables stutter and lag.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    goodGRIEFF76
    Participant
      @goodgrieff76

Hey everyone, hoping someone could help me troubleshoot an issue.  Little background so we are all on the same page.

I built a pinball cab for my father-in-law 2 years ago.  He just got back from a 6 month RV trip and when he got home the pinball worked fine for 3 days.  The forth day ALL the VPX tables stutter and lag really bad. This issue happened prior to taking any windows or graphics updates on windows 10.  His cab consists of only VPX and FX3 tables and the FX3 all work fine, it’s just the VPX tables.  I made sure no other programs were running in task manager, I decreased all the video settings in VPX and that didn’t help the problem. He is running a GTX 1080 GPU so it can handle and was handling everything just fine.  So why all the sudden, and why all VPX tables?  What else could I try?

Note: I’m a couple states away so I’ll need to remotely log into his machine to test anything as I’m not physically there.

Thanks in advance!

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Screenshot of video preferences in vp needed.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

L0stS0ul
        Participant
          @l0sts0ul

I had this happen after a windows update. Had to uninstall the video driver and reinstall the the latest Nvidia drivers. Use that fresh/clean install option.

LynnInDenver
          Participant
            @lynnindenver

Yeah, double check to make absolutely sure Windows didn’t update itself without telling him. It is possible that it did so and changed the video driver.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
            Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
            Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

JR
            Participant
              @jfr1

Has a system restore been considered?  It’s bailed me out a few times.

goodGRIEFF76
              Participant
                @goodgrieff76

Thank you all for your feedback, I’m going to remote into his machine later today and have a look.  I’ll keep you all posted.

The Loafer
                Participant
                  @theloafer

if he was using it for 3 days and the issue occurred, probably a windows update crept in for sure.  You’ll be able to sort it out, I’m sure.

BTW good on you to build something like this for your father in law, kudos sent your way!

goodGRIEFF76
                  Participant
                    @goodgrieff76

Thanks @theloafer, I appreciate the kind words.   My father-in-law is a great guy, and for me, it’s all about family.

The Loafer
                    Participant
                      @theloafer

Thanks @theloafer, I appreciate the kind words. My father-in-law is a great guy, and for me, it’s all about family.

That last part of your sentence is exactly my philosophy. Good to see a kindred spirit on the web!

goodGRIEFF76
                      Participant
                        @goodgrieff76

I remotely logged in and updated the GPU Driver and I also updated to the newest version of VPX.  The stuttering issue is now gone.  However, whenever he loads the first table after booting up, the backglass doesn’t display.  If he closes that first table and opens it again, it will show up.  Not sure what that could be or how to fix it.  Also, tables with UltraDMD like metal slug, the dmd will not turn off after existing those tables.  These could of been issue before, I’m not certain.

Thalamus
                          @thalamus
                          ContributorMemberModerator

By latest vpx you mean 10.6 – right ? UltraDMD – I highly recommend that you replace it with FlexDMD.

goodGRIEFF76
                          Participant
                            @goodgrieff76

By latest vpx you mean 10.6 – right ? UltraDMD – I highly recommend that you replace it with FlexDMD.

Correct, v 10.6.  Thanks, I’ll update him to FlexDMD.

Thalamus
                              @thalamus
                              ContributorMemberModerator

Have a look in the repo that Vincent provided for replacement scripts for those UltraDMD tables. I recommend use them on top of letting FlexDMD replace UltraDMD. No idea about that db2s problem though.

outhere
                                @outhere
                                MemberContributorvipModerator

I recommend you read the whole topic before you install fluxDMD for lots of good information and help

goodGRIEFF76
                                Participant
                                  @goodgrieff76

Thanks guys, I’ll do that!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?