Al’s Garage Band Goes On A World Tour (Alvin G 1992)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    marie
    Participant
      @marie

Nice having this one in VPX available! Another vp9-table bites the dust.

Thanks for all your great releases GC & 32a! :rose:

1 user thanked author for this post.
      makmak
      Participant
        @makmak

wow, please dont stop your 1st class service.Cant believe at what speed you do uploads for us lazy bunch- (if you ever get bored, why dont have a look at Williams Police Force? just joking) Thanks for sharing, this one (and every other) sweetens the weekend!

JediWizard
        Participant
          @jediwizard

Thanks alot for this table Goldchicco this table is solid gold :) Ive never had the chance to play this one yet. Cheers to you mate keep up the good work thanks for all you do for the VP community!  :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Health is Wealth:Knowledge is Power

JediWizard
          Participant
            @jediwizard

Also wanted to note thanks for letting Mystery Pinball Theater 3000 review this table early, im subscribed to his channel and love watching his videos. I think it would be cool in the future to let him review other tables as well.

Health is Wealth:Knowledge is Power

Friffy1
            Participant
              @friffy1

I’ve always considered this table to be one of the better VP9 tables.  Seemed to push VP9 to its limits, barely able to tell it wasn’t a VPX table, really.  I think it’s also an underrated table, in general.  Ya never hear much chatter about it.  But it’s super-fun.  Really looking forward to trying this conversion!  Thanks!

0Cool
              Participant
                @0cool

Thanks guys! Great to play, super quality! We owe you a lot of fun hours!!! Back to the basement now to play this great table. Thanks again, your sharing(s) is much appreciated!!!!! :good: :good: :good:

joeplainfield
                Participant
                  @joeplainfield

Beautifully done. Great detail and  interaction with all the DOF and SSF components Thank you .

Friffy1
                  Participant
                    @friffy1

Had a chance to play this.  REALLY great job.  Man, I thought the VP9 version was great.  AND IT IS!  But this is really something!

nikolafeve
                    Participant
                      @nikolafeve

Thank you to all tables creators, you are amazing guys!!

sheltemke
                      Participant
                        @sheltemke

I played a lot yesterday. I have to say this is the next favourite table for me after Corvette from the team, this is much more than a VP9 conversion.

I set the night-day cycle almost all the way to right, becouse the playfield looks very nice, and still not bright but you see the colors.

I have only one problem with the table, for me the top-middle hole is extremely hard.

Tried to modify the walls, modifying the ramp top height etc etc but still extremely hard, maybe i am bad player hehe. Maybe flipper strength changing will help we will see.

It’s just me or others hit hardly and very rarely to the hole too ? Any suggestions? :) Love this table…never played lot in VP9 but its fantastic. Simply rules, enjoyable shots.

rickhaye
                        Participant
                          @rickhaye

Is there a way to raise the volume to hear the music? I can hear the sound fx fine but no music. Thanks in advance.

Goldchicco
                          Participant
                            @goldchicco

@rickhaye

try with + and – from the keyboard

Specially +

rickhaye
                            Participant
                              @rickhaye

@rickhaye

try with + and – from the keyboard

Specially +

I tried that but the only thing that  increases is the soundfx (i.e. the flippers, plunger) I still can’t hear any background music at all.

Goldchicco
                              Participant
                                @goldchicco

@rickhaye

Rom Volume, Press 9

Attachments:
                                vogliadicane
                                Participant
                                  @vogliadicane

Great release. :good:
                                  Thanks a lot. When I started with VP, I didn’t know any of the Alvin G’s tables, now get a chance to play some of them. I like them.

htamas
                                  Participant
                                    @htamas

Thanks for bringing this to VPX.

I agree that the middle hole at the top is difficult to hit, and this was much easier on the VP9 version – however I never played the real table so don’t know which one is more realistic. Actually I like the difficult shot, makes it more challenging :yes:

I wonder what causes a table like this to stutter, when the playfield reflections are on. I only have the problem on this and the latest BBBB, and while on the latter I can seemingly turn that effect off without much problem, on this one the bottom of the bumpers turns to black and I don’t like that. Would love to figure out how to fix the stutter, because a lot of seemingly ‘heavier’ tables run flawlessly on my rig, so I have no idea why this one doesn’t. What can be such part in this one, causing it?

Also, some of the flipper shots are off I think… will have to try tweaking that a little. If anyone has pointers to get more realistic shots (especially from the flipper tips), please chime in. The rest of the physics seem fine though.

All in all, a very nice release!

xphilou29
                                    Participant
                                      @xphilou29

excellent table, a very nice surprise!!!! thanks a lot

xphilou29
                                      Participant
                                        @xphilou29

As reported in a previous post, I have some issues getting the plunger to trigger, I have to press the launch key at least three times for the ball to go, almost at every ball.

Also when the ball drains, the games goes on for around 5s to 10s before knowledging the ball has drained and getting to the next ball. This is happening randomly but quiet often.

I am using the ROM mentioned in the description,

software: 10.6 final, SAMBuild_V3,3 r4901

No similar issues with any other table.

I wish this can be fixed!

thanks,

Goldchicco
                                        Participant
                                          @goldchicco

@xphilou29

Try download the table again, the problem with the launch button was reported by desktop users and it’s solved in the support forum of VPForums.

Please mention if the POV have been modified from the original one. No delay on the ball drain reported so far.

xphilou29
                                          Participant
                                            @xphilou29

Hello @Goldchicco, with latest version I have the same issue with the launch ball, I have tried to use the fix from vpforum support topic but did not work out. I did not change the POV, today I  did not experienced the ball draining I reported yesterday (played around 5 games).

One more issue is the ‘feedback’ on the left lane: Every now and then this does not sent back the ball, this either trigger too late or without enough power so the ball goes to the drain instead :cry:

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 50 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?