Alternative Real DMD Videos

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Thalamus
      @thalamus
      ContributorMemberModerator

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/alternative-real-dmd-videos/

I’ve made some real dmd videos that I hope some of you find to be useful. The idea I’ve stolen from an earlier post. This collection currently consists of 415 tables. And the size is 128×32, so it would probably not be that useful for you guys that run you DMD on a LED screen. Each table is made up with the a title picture, then it rolls over to the production year and ends with the company. Eks. AbraCaDabra -> 1975 -> Gottlieb.

I’ve used a lot of resources shared by bent98 and a few resources from Joppnl. Of course I’ve done a fair bit of work myself.

Please feel free to contact me if you find something that is wrong, lacking or you feel needs improvement.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Thanks for sharing these. Never enough stuff like this  :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

randr
        Keymaster
          @randr
          ModeratorMember

WOW 414 dmd videos! VERY nice!

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
            @thalamus

Thank you. I know this is kind of a niche project, but, all those small one’s combined might get you to where you want to be. This is my first “contribution” so it kind of feels good … just being that. I promised myself a long time, that I should try to make at least something that maybe a few poor soles might find useful ;) Still hope some day soon that I will be able to contribute on a “higher” level ;)

Looking at you tag line – I know that I’ll be lucky to get a real review from you rand in a month or so ;) LOL

randr
            Keymaster
              @randr
              ModeratorMember

@thalamus i dont get cab time much but working with vp nearly every night. Stuff like these dmd videos though gets me motivated to get to cab and tinker :good:

for IOS and Android

Thalamus
                @thalamus

Polling yer’ leg my friend :) Nothing but love toward you and this site.

Jodannar
                Participant
                  @jodannar

Great work Thalamus. I will be looking at these on the cabinet. Thankyou

Thalamus
                    @thalamus

Update. Now 675 videos. I found a typo that made a few table that actually was Midway, had become Williams.
                    Replaced some of the company logos with better looking versions.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                    senseless
                    Participant
                      @senseless

Thanks man! I was just tinkering with my pbx setup and finally got to the point of getting rid of the standard no dmd movie on my pin2dmd and to replace it with something table specific. Your contribution is much appreciated :)!

rotrax
                      Participant
                        @rotrax

Great videos! Thx. i’m having a bit of a problem getting it running.  i have a real dmd and when i switch a table to use dmd it shows the dmd. all videos on my dmd form other tables are not shown when i’m scrolling trhough the tables. ii’ve downloaded the latest codecs. i’ve placed the videos under media visual pinball and visualspinballx in the real dmd videos and real dmd color videos.

any help :good:

Thalamus
                          @thalamus

They should work with “real color dmd videos” for pinballx. I believe I’ve found 2 errors so far. Seems to be related to a ffmpeg bug, ( doesn’t show the year long enough ) but, I believe I’ve found the culprit. Doesn’t fix you problem though. I’m not sure why it isn’t working for you. Does any video work for you ? You could pr. example use the “no dmd video.mp4” ( I don’t remember the exact name – and away from pin right now ). Rename that to one of the tables names I’ve provided. If that table doesn’t work. Then my suggestion would be to re-install the codec pack and/or head over to gameex.info and seek help.

Jodannar
                          Participant
                            @jodannar

Hopefully ill get to the virtual cab tonight or tomorrow and go through the new set. Thanks Thalamus.

Thalamus
                              @thalamus

If anyone except me uses these. Should be fairly complete for released vpx tables at least.

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

Thanks for the update and everything else you do for everyone. Really thanks :good:

********************************************************
                                for IOS and Android

********************************************************

Johngreve
                                Participant
                                  @johngreve

Wow….Thalamus….these are awesome!
                                  I just read about them in another forum topic and you provided the url to this post. I can’t believe how great these all look compared to the usual Pinball X animation that I’ve been looking at since day one of my cabinet. These animations really ratchet up the “ curb appeal”of my cabinet as it sits in the attract mode. I can’t believe how much work this must have been putting together but sure am really,really ,really grateful for you sharing this work. Also want to thank you for answering my questions directly when I post a help wanted topic and indirectly via when you answer someone’s else’s question which I at times benefit from as well.

Thalamus
                                    @thalamus

Thank you for the kind words. Since I use these myself, it is a no-brainer that I’ll share them. So, if you miss some that probably means that I haven’t added the table yet to my frontend and that they will arrive at a later date. I’m not happy with everyone and there maybe lies the biggest problem. Keeping track of which ones I should redo is actually more work than making sure I’ve covered them all :wacko: I just get irritated at myself each time I scroll pass Jurassic Park pr. example and I still haven’t fixed it. Knowing that others appreciate them hopefully will force me to redo at least some of them soon. B-)

Johngreve
                                    Participant
                                      @johngreve

Hi Thalamus,

Again thanks for these…..spending a lot of well invested time adding these to my cabinet. Love the way they display on the pinDMD3 .

quick question….how do I get the Data East Star Wars video to work? I import it like all the others and nothing shows on the DMD after…..I am able to play the video normally prior to importing it so the video does seem to work…..kinda a litmus test of sorts I think?

The look of the icon in the download file for this table is different from most of the others….I’m guessing that there is something different here because of that?

Im a bit puzzled here…..probably something simple I’m not aware of.

Thank you sir.

Thalamus
                                        @thalamus

The only think I can think of right away is that you have a slight variation in the name so that the video doesn’t play. Or, I must admit. I actually haven’t tried any of the dmd videos you guys get. This is because there is so much manual work that I’ve scripted the creation of the “community named ones”. My naming scheme is odd but has its purpose. VPX__Attack_from_Mars__DMD__1995__Midway_a would make “Attack from Mars ( 1995 Midway)” if I haven’t created one already.

Let me know if you still can’t get it to work. I’m pretty sure all mine does – but, then again. I know I just added the latest 1.5.1 co-op table from rob to pbx today. So, it is in the queue to be verified.

Johngreve
                                        Participant
                                          @johngreve

Thanks for the reply….I played around with different naming conventions for this particular table  trying to get the video to play with no luck. Also tried importing it to my PM5 version as well as my VP9 version…..she just wont play for me. I have’nt had any problems that I am aware of so far with the other dmd videos in this download….everything plays fine with the way they are named as I have them. Just wanted to update you……I’ll have to sit tight till you get around to the ones in your queue.

Thalamus
                                            @thalamus

Ah. I think I found a problem. A few more has been added as well, but since QC hasn’t been run I prefer to just put it on Dropbox for now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g2ytsk5gz98bobj/real_dmd_videos_14.zip?dl=0

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 57 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?