This topic contains 53 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Thalamus 2 days, 15 hours ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
     Mike da Spike 
    Participant

I still use your videos

I’m in progress to create my own script to generate them, but until then I use yours.

The load of new tables is a lot , and because of that I misses a lot of dmd videos.

That doesn’t mean that people should stop posting the great vpx tables.  :yahoo:

Not sure if you use fx3 tables @thalamus but I captured all the dmd videos and removed high scores from it.

I wanted to add the zen studio logo and the wheels too, but the wheels are not nice to see on the dmd. So wanted to create own wheels that I can use for the Dmd.

But right now I dont have much time. My mother-in-law passed away just before christmas and we need to arrange a lot of stuff

Thalamus 
    ContributorMemberModerator

Oh. My condolences. Sorry to hear that.

I don’t playFX3 no, so I haven’t planned on making any. Who knows, one day I might – if they start to play better :)

Mike da Spike 
    Participant

Sorry for the late reaction. Need to arrange a lot of things.

Would you share your magic with me  :scratch:   ?

I’m trying to create to same video’s as you do, so I can create my own realdmd videos

I can get the 3 PNG files from the directories and create an MP$ with FFMPEG to it. When I run the video it shows perfect. 2.5 secs for Wheel, than the year and than the logo. But in pinballx the first loop plays fine, but on the 2nd loop It looks like it skips the wheel image, and plays the year twice.

I know this is not a bug in pinballx, because your video’s are playing fine.

What I do :

I create first 3 MP4 movies from the PNG and concate this :

Line for creating the video from png :

ffmpeg -y -loop 1 -i “C:\pinball\pinballx\Media\Company\Stern (1999 -2009).png” -c:v libx264 -t 2.5 -r 25 -b:v 40k -b:a 20k -vf scale=128:32:force_original_aspect_ratio=decrease,pad=128:32:(ow-iw)/2:(oh-ih)/2,setsar=1 -pix_fmt yuv420p “C:\Mike\Scripts\Temp\Company.mp4”

When I have 3 the same MP4’s , I concate them :

ffmpeg -y -safe 0 -f concat -i “C:\Mike\Scripts\Temp\list.txt” -c copy “C:\pinball\PinballX\Media\Visual Pinball X\Real DMD Color Videos\24 (Stern 2009).mp4”

I really scratched my had on this. Maybe you can help ?

See attached file from this example

Thalamus 

We do it very differently and I don’t do any concatenation. I have a logo-png, a known date and company logo-png. I use linux and copy the logo to /dev/shm ( like a ram disk ) – create as many softlinks as I need to it with filenames that ffmpeg understands should go into a animation. For year, I create the image and makes the same amount of softlinks, continuing the name scheme. Company, same as for logo. Now I have only 3 actual files copied to memory, but a lot of filenames pointing to these three in sequence. It is then time to tell ffmpeg to make the animation from these sequence. Once done. Delete the 3 images and soft links.

ffmpeg -y -f image2 -framerate 0.1 -r 10 -s 128x32 -i 'temp-%03d.png' -pix_fmt yuv420p \"$mp4_tmp_file\"

1 user thanked author for this post.
     Mike da Spike 
    Participant

I finally managed to create good video’s that are working fine on my DMD.

The issue was caused by  that my MP4’s where encoded as .h264 instead of mp4 .

I used your files as an example, and now I can create my own missing video’s.

I’m not a programmer, but the script looks working fine.

Thanks Thalamus for this great idea and for sharing your files ! :good:

The Loafer 
    Participant

Mika: sincere condolences on your loss

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

Thanks for the update I’ll need to check out the new ones :good:

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

Thalamus 

Arg. I forgot to fix that damn gottlieb roller coaster again. It will be fixed some day :scratch:

krel01 
    Participant

Is there someone out there who uses PinballX with a real DMD like Pin2DMD and succeeded in playing these nice real DMD videos? I heard that one should NOT use the install option “Support real DMD”. Although I have a video in the real-DMD-color folder I get no video playing on my Pin2DMD. I think I installed PinballX with the option mentioned above and will try a reinstall without that option.

What are your experiences?
    Any hint is wellcome!

Thalamus 

That is why I make these and they are known to work with both PBX, PBY and Popper. For Loserman’ tables, I let them roll since these are all EM’s. I have a few other tables where there Freezy are having issues of displaying my dmd correctly – so, I use them there as well. While browsing tables they scroll just like the playfield does.

Mike da Spike 
    Participant

During installation of PinballX the question will be asked if you have a Pin2DMD.

if you have another device like pinDMDv3, you must not  check that box, otherwise it won’t work. If you get a pinballx logo animation when browsing tables, than it is working and you can use these fantastic real DMD videos (I still love them and made my own script to generate it, but you inspired me Thalamus. thanks for that !)

randr 
    Keymaster
    ModeratorMember

thanks for the update!

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
    So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?

Mike da Spike 
    Participant

Based on @thalamus his video’s I made a windows program,  so you can generate your own video’s.
    I didn’t know how to upload it here, so added it on the PBX website

https://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/22280-application-creating-real-dmd-color-videos-from-wheel-image/

Hope you don’t mind Thalamus that I stole your idea, but wanted to share this (and all the credits goes to you)

• This reply was modified 2 days, 15 hours ago by  Mike da Spike. Reason: removed formatting. think I hit a button
     Thalamus 

Not at all. I’m all about the sharing. :good:

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2019 VPinBall.com

WP2FB Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Vpinball.com

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account