Amazing Spider-man (Gottlieb 1980)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    BorgDog
    Participant
      @borgdog
      MemberContributorvip

Amazing Spider-man (Gottlieb 1980)

Because there were not enough versions already I went ahead and did a fairly quick build of  Gottlieb’s 1980 Amazing Spider-man.  There were a couple things that prompted me to do so, firstly the others were all built as a standard width whereas Amazing Spider-man is a wide-body (and despite my rants to the contrary I used the dimensions in the so called dimensions manager instead of doing math, I am on vacation). Secondly the other versions were also made with 7 digit displays and use the 7-digit rom, Spider-man was origianlly a 6-digit display so I went back to the stock version. And I wanted to put the desktop score displays on the backdrop instead of having the dmd display.

Most of the image resources for this are from gtxjoe’s version of the table, thanks for the blanket permission to mod.

The desktop score lights I originally borrowed from a 32assassin table and at some point re-drew all the lights so the individual leds better matched the Gottlieb displays, not sure which of my tables has the redrawn ones Nobs for sure and this one.

The included direcdtb2s is a quick mod of wildman’s 7- digit version to 6 digit with color change.

I’m doing this primarily on my laptop so there may be some oddities, and I have not gone through the physics with a fine tooth comb but it plays reasonably wells. No idea if DOF is setup in the script or not, will make sure it works when I’m back at the cab and will include in final release.

randr
      Keymaster
        @randr
        ModeratorMember

Thanks borgdog will see how this looks sized “properly”

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
        for IOS and Android

bord
          @bord
          MembervipContributorModerator

Love it. Can’t wait to give it a go.

HauntFreaks
            @hauntfreaks
            vipContributorMember

wait no fancy flipper and ball shadows?? is this the no frills version?…   ;)

hehehe   thanks man

BorgDog
            Participant
              @borgdog
              MemberContributorvip

wait no fancy flipper and ball shadows?? is this the no frills version?… ;) hehehe thanks man

LOL, I actually remove those from the tables that come with them, so yes the no frills version.  :bye:

Usually I don’t care for wide-body tables of that era much; they seem to try and cram extra stuff in to fill the space, Genie for example, nice to look at but I just don’t enjoy the layout. This one however doesn’t seem to suffer from that malady, just has those double-flipper bitches to worry about.

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

I like the double flipper bitches! makes you think before you act

thanks for doing the build

for IOS and Android

HauntFreaks
                  @hauntfreaks
                  vipContributorMember

wait no fancy flipper and ball shadows?? is this the no frills version?… ;) hehehe thanks man

LOL, I actually remove those from the tables that come with them, so yes the no frills version. :bye:

Usually I don’t care for wide-body tables of that era much; they seem to try and cram extra stuff in to fill the space, Genie for example, nice to look at but I just don’t enjoy the layout. This one however doesn’t seem to suffer from that malady, just has those double-flipper bitches to worry about.

see now inquiring minds want to know… why?

HauntFreaks
                    @hauntfreaks
                    vipContributorMember

here are my Landscape settings…..
                    asm_landscape

Attachments:
                    BorgDog
                    Participant
                      @borgdog
                      MemberContributorvip

see now inquiring minds want to know… why?

why I remove the shadows?  They just seem off to me, flippers I’m usually OK with, the ball shadow just doesn’t seem right, what is it the shadow from? a light right above the machine? and it seems to override playfield lights with no regard to them.  Just doesn’t seem realistic to me.

I like the double flipper bitches! makes you think before you act thanks for doing the build

definitely takes some getting used to when you start playing it. I have them on my Solar Ride at home and really have to think about it until I’m used to them.

HauntFreaks
                        @hauntfreaks
                        vipContributorMember

good enough reason for me….   the first table I think I seen it used was mario brothers and it did seem off…. but the new tables like ac/dc and STTNG it looks really good IMO

Drybonz
                        Participant
                          @drybonz

I also always remove the ball shadow from all tables.  Looks bad to me… makes the ball looks like it’s levitating over the table.  I will probably always remove it.  Hopefully, people find a way to add it as a script option, but either way is fine.

HauntFreaks
                            @hauntfreaks
                            vipContributorMember

I also always remove the ball shadow from all tables. Looks bad to me… makes the ball looks like it’s levitating over the table. I will probably always remove it. Hopefully, people find a way to add it as a script option, but either way is fine.

that’s because the shadow is to far away from the ball it needs to be a little farther under the ball (this can be done in the script) and a bit sharper on the edges…
                            I dont see this on the newer tables…    I’ve made my own shadow on a couple….

Drybonz
                            Participant
                              @drybonz

Yeah, I keep looking at them on the newer tables… I think Rothbauer had one that looked pretty good… but I’m just not crazy about it so I comment it out.

randr
                              Keymaster
                                @randr
                                ModeratorMember

I also always remove the ball shadow from all tables. Looks bad to me… makes the ball looks like it’s levitating over the table. I will probably always remove it. Hopefully, people find a way to add it as a script option, but either way is fine.

that’s because the shadow is to far away from the ball it needs to be a little farther under the ball (this can be done in the script) and a bit sharper on the edges… I dont see this on the newer tables… I’ve made my own shadow on a couple….

That video blew up my brain lol

********************************************************
                                for IOS and Android

xenonph
                                Participant
                                  @xenonph
                                  MemberContributor

I noticed you used gtxjoes playfield.

I made a Fantasy sound mod of gtxjoes Amazing Spider-Man version, but I also uploaded a regular version where I just touched up the playfield. There were alot of chips in the paint in gtxjoes version that I cleaned up.

You have my permission to use this cleaned up playfield version for this mod if you want to.

If you put both playfield pics side by side, you will see that I actually spent alot of time touching up all the chips and other things.

EDIT: I added touched up playfield as attachment. No chips in cloud area..no lines all the way up playfield, touched up jonah jameson and auntmay..also Scorpios back. Also Lizardmans tail. The lettering under spiderman. Can’t remember but I did alot more.

Thanks for making this mod!!

It is appreciated!!

Keep on Pinballin’

Attachments:
                                  BorgDog
                                  Participant
                                    @borgdog
                                    MemberContributorvip

thanks xenonph, I had actually downloaded and played your versions as well(and arconovum’s FSS version) before building this.   I actually like the used playfield look, makes it seem more “real” to me.  I much prefer to use a scan of a playfield vs a redraw when possible just for that reason.  Some of the dings in the playfield actually helped in this build, especially the 3 marks by the kicker holes as I knew exactly where to aim the kickers.  Of course those vary from machine to machine somewhat.

xenonph
                                    Participant
                                      @xenonph
                                      MemberContributor

Sounds logical to me.

Thanks again Sir.

randr
                                      Keymaster
                                        @randr
                                        ModeratorMember

Dof works except for drop targets. @arngrim :)

for IOS and Android

Arngrim
                                        Participant
                                          @arngrim
                                          DOF MinisterMember

Dof works except for drop targets. @arngrim :)

Hey @Randr,

The drop targets feedback is working, but there is a delay between the drop target and the DOF feedback, never saw that before, but as a fix I have put a delay in the drop target reset effect in the configtool and that does the trick :)

also, some fixes in the script aboscripted DOF effects

https://pastebin.com/1xACaPjW

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                          BorgDog
                                          Participant
                                            @borgdog
                                            MemberContributorvip

Thanks Denis for the dof fix.

Uploaded v0.95 with the only change being arngrim’s script fixes.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?