An update from Dozer.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    3rdaxis
    Participant
      @3rdaxis
      MemberContributor

Sorry to see you go brother. You are one of the greats, one of a few that has inspired me to get into this hobby. Your work and contributions will always be treasured.

Thalamus
        @thalamus
        ContributorMemberModerator

I’m very much on the receiving end of things. So, I’m not fully able to put myself 100% in your position. Don’t have much to add from what hasn’t been said already to be honest.  Except, that I don’t want to let you go ;)

There is still room for you, without sharing tables in our community. As a mentor, or what ever you decide on.

All I can do really is thank you with all my hearth for what you’ve done up until today, and I hope you decide not to abandon us completely, like Dark and a few others.

:heart: :heart:   :rose:   :rose:

Tom
        Participant
          @armyaviation
          MemberContributor

I’m sorry but many will not like what I am about to say but it needs to be said.  This shit with people selling cabs with tables on it is not new.  Randr you started this site for some of the same reasons.  I started at vpf and when I found this site I knew immediately it was my home.  I don’t know about you guys but I have something that I love nobody will ever take that from me.  Why in the f**k would you ever allow THEM to win.  I am in the presence of a bunch of great men and women and it sounds like you guys are quitting.  I spent my life serving this country, I have had brothers that have given their life for this country, and the last thing they would ever be labeled was quitters… I got sick to my stomach after about the third post and honestly I didn’t read anymore after Randr said he thought about quitting.  Randr, I really enjoy spending hours on the phone with you learning from you and honestly just having you as a friend.  If this place shuts down what am I gonna do go be friends with assclown Paul?  Wtf guys, I don’t want to hear anymore of this god damn bullshit.  Stop the crap and fight for what’s yours.  Dozer, you wanna take your tables and run, that’s your choice, if I were you I would be proud of what you have done and wouldn’t let anyone take that from you.  Bord, Randr, Thalamus, Borgdog, etc… you guys take off on me and your gonna have a 6-5, 310lb pissed off Army Major knocking at your door the next day, and I have free flight benefits with my job so I can even make it to Norway!

1 user thanked author for this post.
          LynnInDenver
          Participant
            @lynnindenver

Perfectly understandable that you feel the need to step away from all this, Dozer. I’ve been looking at making original tables for a bit, and have talked to my husband (who wants to design a table with my help), since we have a known cab maker here in Colorado that shows up with their illicit wares at the Pinball Showdown (I’m waiting to here about a lawyer with cops in tow coming to a show and basically doing the “cease and desist, and we’re taking your cabs too” with people watching, hopefully without collateral damage of private pincabs being seized) about the possibility of such a thing happening to whatever we work on, plus the recent dustup with Bigus and his apparent issue with paying the dues on the mods he was attempting to put out. It makes me wonder if it’s best to keep what I build between myself and a handful of friends.

It really doesn’t make it suck any less, it just means I get to direct any anger at the *expletive deleted* bottom feeders who are eventually going to wind up shutting all of this down some way or another.

Again, though, best to do what’s right for you and your mental state. It’s a hobby, ultimately, and if it no longer brings joy, regardless of the reason the joy is gone, then you don’t have to stick with it.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
            Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
            Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

Tom
            Participant
              @armyaviation
              MemberContributor

No, we don’t make these tables to keep to ourselves we put them out for others to enjoy.  This shit talk, let’s feel sorry for ourselves and hide in the corner is not what this site is about.  STOP!  Seriously, no more thanks for you work, no more boo freakin hoo.  STOP!  Kick BIgus out if he doesn’t want to follow rules, don’t accept his shit mods, make him go feel welcomed at VPF.  As far as these cab sellers I have my own ideas but I’m not gonna bring it up in a public forum.  You guys can figure out how to. Make beautiful tables in Blender with all this crazy shit that I could have never imagined, but we can’t figure out how to fuck with these idiots to get them to play by our rules.  You guys complained about the ass in Australia making YouTube videos and in a couple hours while I was on vacation I had him over here apologizing to everyone.  The problem is we let him off.  Why??????

randr
              Keymaster
                @randr
                ModeratorMember

@armyaviation your 6’-5 310lbs!the ?!? I’m 5’-10.5” and 175lbs

i truly am pretty upset about Dozer and honestly after loosing uncle Willy, ICPJuggla, dark and Bodydump to only name a few! All for the same reasons really it starts to make me wonder… Short of a community ban on a single person/“pincab company” or site perhaps someone has a solution? I have a few good attorneys I use for work/estate stuff so let’s try to make it better some how… how is the problem but I’m open to suggestions. Or we just keep going on like we do and just ignore it? But like I said before when I saw that guy “selling” nailbusters work and everyone’s tables I was very upset to say the least!! He still is doing it btw and acting like it’s his to sell and include in cabinets he is selling.

Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                for IOS and Android

Tom
                Participant
                  @armyaviation
                  MemberContributor

My father is in his mid 70s and he is always complaining “ I can’t do this”. “I can’t do that”. He can’t get on a free airplane and ride all the way to Alabama to see his grandkids but at every airport they have services to help people like him.  One day a sent him a video of a blind guy by himself walking through the airport.  Then I saw a guy with arm crutches struggling though by himself.  I told him to quit whining and get off his lazy ass because if they can do it you can too.  I have no pity for people that complain about things they can’t do.  I was told many times that banana flippers would never happen, we have a table with banana flippers right Bord?  I’ve been told a lot of times in my life that I couldn’t do something, and you can either accept that or try harder.  Which one are we gonna choose????

LynnInDenver
                  Participant
                    @lynnindenver

Randr, the idea is sound to find some way to make it harder for pincab makers to get away with it, or at least easier for some of us to go after them. But, as I think I’ve mentioned, we do have the problem of “standing”, in terms of the only thing one of us can claim with one of our tables is the code for special effects; we generally can’t claim a recreation’s graphics assets to be our own, or music, and in some cases it’s compounded because we’re using someone else’s code via PinMAME. For a given table, Attack From Mars being an example, it would be Scientific who has the most standing, followed up by anyone involved in direct development on Visual Pinball, Nailbuster if they threw in PinUp as the front end, and just about nobody else after that without taking a real risk of getting their own autographed Cease and Desist papers. Yes, even SlamT1lt can wind up having more standing in court with one of his FuturePinball Ultra tables. One of the few solutions to the problem is to take a hard dive into making original tables; a combination of greatly improved standing (because you own far more of the product), plus it’s less likely to get picked up by the sellers because it “isn’t one of the tables in demand”.

On the other side of the coin, as a hobby, it’s not like it’s a good value proposition to go after a pincab seller; We all have day jobs that pay for this hobby, and the cost of having a C&D drawn up may be prohibitive for many of us for what may be effectively little return. I’m sure some of the sellers know this as well; I expect an unhealthily large proportion of them will “call the bluff”, knowing that few of us can justify the cost of bringing in the lawyer to take them to court.

Creator of the first PinupPlayer PostDMD mods for VPX - PostDMD for Masters of the Universe VPX and Jaws VPX.
                    Head Proprietor of Pisces Pinball, a VPX table developer.
                    Lead Technician of MC Chase Amusements, a private arcade in our home basement.

BorgDog
                    Participant
                      @borgdog
                      MemberContributorvip

@randr  it’s that extra .5″ that’s important isn’t it :)

sadly I won’t make it over there to see you this summer, motorcycle broke down 2500 or so miles into the trip on the Texas-Louisiana border and got u-hauled home. :(  I did make it over to SFGE (southern fried game expo in Atlanta) though which was fun, and got to see Vulcan’s bare butt

IMG_20190711_145943

about all this other stuff.  :unsure:    there was a vcab builder selling at SFGE and one I checked out was loaded up with pinballx and a whole butt load of vp9 tables.  I just laughed and thought that that is why pinball people all think vp sucks because that is what they see.  I build tables because I like doing it, interesting and fun challenges and learn new things (important for us old people), if I stop enjoying it I’ll stop. Do I get a little warm fuzzy when I share it and others say they like it? sure, who wouldn’t.  what happens after that with my work I really don’t give a F, if I worried about it I wouldn’t share anything because as I see it once it’s on the internet its open hunting season and I no longer have any control.  others feel differently and if they want to take their stuff down that’s cool too, their choice. if the Major want’s to pump us all up that’s cool to, but basically we are all a bunch of mostly anonymous geeks on the internet who like to play computer games.  B-)

randr
                      Keymaster
                        @randr
                        ModeratorMember

Sorry about your trip @borgdog what broke on th motorcycle?

********************************************************
                        Messing with the VPinball app and push notifications.
                        So if you haven't downloaded app yet what are you waiting for!?
                        for IOS and Android

********************************************************

BorgDog
                        Participant
                          @borgdog
                          MemberContributorvip

just the stupid stator went out after 50,000 miles, no charge, no go once the battery drains.  unfortunately not something that I could fix in a parking lot even if I had the tools and parts and all the shops were at least 3 weeks out to even look at it.  :unsure:

Tom
                          Participant
                            @armyaviation
                            MemberContributor

Geeks know how to fight back too BD.  Ask a hacker to take down the Internet and it’s a challenge.  Take down a single company, they would laugh and say how quick. I’m not saying we do anything illegal, but there are ways.

BorgDog
                            Participant
                              @borgdog
                              MemberContributorvip

Tom, I personally just don’t care.  I get and understand that others do, but I don’t, too much important real life shit to care about to get worked up over this hobby.

Tom
                              Participant
                                @armyaviation
                                MemberContributor

I have enough stuff in my real life to the worry about that’s why something like this hobby that takes me away from the bad shit I don’t want to go away. And there’s a lot of people that would care if you went away

Tom
                                Participant
                                  @armyaviation
                                  MemberContributor

And to call TerryRed a geek is crazy, The name alone sounds like he is a Nordic God, and Randr builds muscle cars and puts hot girls up them for sexy pics, and You ride motorcycles across the country for fun, doesn’t sound too geeky to me

Badazzwi
                                  Participant
                                    @badazzwi

I agree with most of what’s said here. I would never let some asshole get under my skin and stop me from doing what I love. In fact I would probably have some fun with it and harass the ones selling my work. Just a little bit ;)

Virtual pinball plays a big part in reviving interest in pinball. I know it has for me. It sucks to lose a big contributor such as Dozer and those that have left before him.

Unfortunately with virtual pinball the lines are also virtual so some people have no problem crossing them.

On a side note I’m really bummed. I never got the chance to load Dozers Mustang LE on my cab so I will never get to experience the work of art I hear it is :(

Hi my name is Barry and I'm a virtual pinball addict.

TNT2
                                    Participant
                                      @tnt2

:cry:

TerryRed
                                        @terryred
                                        MemberContributorModerator

And to call TerryRed a geek is crazy, The name alone sounds like he is a Nordic God, and Randr builds muscle cars and puts hot girls up them for sexy pics, and You ride motorcycles across the country for fun, doesn’t sound too geeky to me

Wow…what a thread!

Dozer….so very sad to see you leave. Your work was amazing. Even more sad you feel the solution is to remove your works from the very place where the people who “do” care dwell and share their works, advice and support. The “community” that matters are the ones who lose out here…not the dick-nut douche bags that want to include everyone’s stuff in their business. They will always be around and I quite frankly don’t give two shits about them.

I care about everyone here. That’s where my energy goes…. my endless support that no one ever sees… my excitement about releasing another pup-pack… my excitement about my new FP DOFLinx / SSF / PuP-Pack table mod release that 95% of the people here don’t give two farts about (their loss… I don’t care)… the time I give to create Tools and tutorials for DOF and DOFLinx… the DOF updates I do for VPX… the regular testing I do for PuP and Popper…

I’m somewhat with Tom…. and it’s not because I used to be in the Army (I’m Air Force now) :)

The whole “take my ball and go home” mentality quite frankly pisses me off to no end. No matter if its because someone is being a self-righteous piss ant… or if they were “offended”….or if they are trying to eliminate access to idiots. I’ve said this to people on both the VP and FP side of things.

You end up hurting and taking away from the ones you should care about. Others have walked away from the community…. but they still allow their works to be shared end enjoyed by those who do respect their work. I they hadn’t… I wouldn’t have found my way here… and it’s the oddball guys like myself with their weird-ass looking dual DMD / arcade control panel / wtf is he thinking – cabinet that have helped to make some of the biggest changes in this hobby as of late.

Let you inspiration be enjoyed by the good guys out there. You never know what you could come from it.

I’ve never been part of a community like this before 3 years ago. I feel closer to you guys than I do my military brothers and sisters.

Sad to see you go… but better if you left behind your legacy to the community…  god knows the other guys will still be enjoying it.

I’m typing this with little sleep…. so I’m sure I’ll regret some of it.

Sorry to see you go Dozer… but I hope it’s just….for now.

1 user thanked author for this post.
                                        CarnyPriest
                                        Participant
                                          @carnypriest

Can’t stop a determined pirate. Corporations with more money and lawyers than you can imagine have tried.

What you do is monetize it. Create an ad platform and force players to see an ad on each table launch. Annoying as hell. But at least you get your cut for the most part.

TNT2
                                          Participant
                                            @tnt2

It’s frustrating that a few bad apples ruin it for everyone. And that extends to many issues in life beyond pinball. Dozer, and many of you, have built epic tables. I have loved the hell out of them.

I certainly respect table authors wishes though.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 74 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?