Analogue Nudge & Tilt

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Al
    Participant
      @alandee

Hi, can someone help me with the settings for a Zebs analogue plunge kit ?

I have nudge working ok, infact, really nicely  as far as that goes, but I can’t seem to get tilt happening at all ?

Currently I can lift the cab and roll the ball around a table without a tilt .. what am I missing ? I have a suspicion my tilt sensitivity setting is wrong, but changing it seems to make zero difference. Does anyone else here run a zebs with tilt working ? ( Its just dawned on me I’ve only really tried with VPX table so I should probably try with a VP9 and see if it is the same. Alternative is to run a tilt bob to key T but that seems like something I shouldn’t need ?? Or is that how the clever kids do it ?

Cheers,

al.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Jesperpark
      Participant
        @jesperpark

I’m in the same boat as you, my Zeb’s controller for nudging works perfectly but can’t get machine to tilt.  I tried all kinds of settings with no luck.  Basically like you said I am planning to run a tilt bob and connect to the T key.  Can’t argue with a real tilt bob :good:

Al
        Participant
          @alandee

Hmm, ok cool thanks for that, does a tilt bob give warning and then tilt or just tilt though ? that’s my only real hesitation..

Cheers,

al.

Jesperpark
          Participant
            @jesperpark

That would be set in the rom, usually you can set amount of warnings you would receive.  If you play on desktop mode and press the T key, you will simulate what the tilt bob will do once hooked into your cabinet.  I think by default you usually get 2 warnings, then the actual tilt.

Al
            Participant
              @alandee

Yeah right, I remember seeing that now, awesome, tilt bob just now ordered :)

Cheers,

al.

Umpa
              Participant
                @umpa

Alandee or Jester can you share yor nudge settings. I have a zeb plunger and nudge sensor and need a good starting point as I have tried and tried but can’t seem to get the right settings.

Sliderpoint
                Participant
                  @sliderpoint
                  MemberContributor

I find it odd that you need a tilt bob.  I don’t have a zebs, but isn’t it just an accelerameter?  In the keys settings in VP there is a checkbox for tilt sensitivity and a value box, do those not work for you?   I have mine checked and set at 900 for VPX.  Remember you must restart VP for any changes to those settings to take affect.  Try starting it at 1000 and see if you get tilt warnings in a game.

-Mike

Al
                  Participant
                    @alandee

Alandee or Jester can you share yor nudge settings. I have a zeb plunger and nudge sensor and need a good starting point as I have tried and tried but can’t seem to get the right settings.

Yep, I’ll have a look tonight and poke em here when I get home for sure. I’m still not over the moon with them, but it is getting there.

What I can’t get to work is the tilt bob being recognised on a joystick button ( I’m going to get an Ipac I think ) the lack of buttons on the zebs is a PITA.

Cheers,

al.

Al
                    Participant
                      @alandee

I find it odd that you need a tilt bob. I don’t have a zebs, but isn’t it just an accelerameter? In the keys settings in VP there is a checkbox for tilt sensitivity and a value box, do those not work for you? I have mine checked and set at 900 for VPX. Remember you must restart VP for any changes to those settings to take affect. Try starting it at 1000 and see if you get tilt warnings in a game. -Mike

Yeah, I would have thought so too, but I couldn’t get it to tilt for love nor money. I’ll have another tinker though, ( I’m always tweaking settings at the moment ! ) although the tilt bob for tilt would still be pretty failsafe.

Cheers,

al.

BorgDog
                      Participant
                        @borgdog
                        MemberContributorvip

Since this came up and I had yet to mess with it in my new cab, I thought I’d play around with the settings in my system and see what I could get.  I run a zeb’s plunger/nudge/button controller in my full size cab, sensor screwed to floor of cab center about 6″ from the front of the cab.  Running 10.2 latest beta and was able to successfully get tilt working.  Mike’s 900 sensitivity was a bit too high, and I left it at 600 being able to tilt both X-files and Golden Arrow with that setting.  Could probably be raised a bit as it took a fair bit of nudging, but it is definitely possible. And could probably up the nudge a bit as well, but this should be a starting point.  Oh and I’m using the betaR1 keyboard version of zeb’s firmware that is currently on his site. Here is a screenshot of my settings:

nudge-tilt

Attachments:
                        1 user thanked author for this post.
                        Al
                        Drybonz
                        Participant
                          @drybonz

I think your gain settings are a lot lower than mine Borg… Is that specifically for the Zeb’s plunger or should I be turning mine down more? The default is 100 I think?

BorgDog
                          Participant
                            @borgdog
                            MemberContributorvip

I’m sure it’s very much hardware dependent and sensor placement dependent as well.  Like I say I could probably up them some, but no where near 100, I can nudge with this, but generally I don’t do a lot of nudging.  Everyone is going to have to tweak the settings to fit their system and how sensitive they want it.

Al
                            Participant
                              @alandee

I’m pretty sure I have my Gain @ 30 and DZ at 5, but I think my Tilt sensitivity I have up higher than yours .. am I thinking of tilt sensitivity in reverse, is lower more sensitive ? My box is mounted about 10″ in I think.. Either way, cheers for posting your settings, I’ll have a bit more of a tinker tonight for sure.

Maybe the firmware plays a role, I’ve not updated mine as it seemed like a ‘process’ :)

Cheers,

al.

Drybonz
                              Participant
                                @drybonz

I’m sure it’s very much hardware dependent and sensor placement dependent as well. Like I say I could probably up them some, but no where near 100, I can nudge with this, but generally I don’t do a lot of nudging. Everyone is going to have to tweak the settings to fit their system and how sensitive they want it.

I’ll have to play around with it some more.  I assumed the default gain would be generally in the ballpark… I think I even turned mine up a touch.  I have a weird setup though.

Umpa
                                Participant
                                  @umpa

Thanks for the suggestions I have moved my accelerometer from the side of the cabinet to the floor of the cabinet to placing a 1×2 across the inside of the cabinet and mounting it on that. But I still get erratic behavior because the solenoids or the sounds make it nudge. I have upped the dead zone so those items don’t effect it but then you have ro really shove the cabinet for any type of nudging. I guess I will revisit my settings and possibly moving the sensor again! Lol it never ends. Love this hobby and all the peeps that keep it going!

Sliderpoint
                                  Participant
                                    @sliderpoint
                                    MemberContributor

I don’t have any cool DOF toys to get in the way, nor to I have a zebs, but my board is mounted in the center right under the lockbar.  Not sure if that would help you get it further away from the contactors and closer to your hands enough to help or not.

-Mike

Al
                                    Participant
                                      @alandee

Yep same, no DOF .. other than a few lights yet ..

My Settings are the same as Borgs with Gain of 30% 30% but a Deadzone of 3. ( gain stilll needs a tweak )

My tilt sensitivity is set to 550, and with the updated firmware and VPX10.2 it is now tilting pretty much perfectly. I can still over nudge though, so it still needs some tweaking. ( not sure which one is making the difference I forgot to try VP9 to check if it was VPX ! )

Thanks for the support all.

Cheers,

al.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?