Another kickstarter for Far Sight? WTF?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Paulo Carvalho
    Participant
      @paulohotline

Ok, I supported this company with the STTNG and Adam Family’s kickstarter, so I am guilty of that. However since then this company is now on multiple platforms with 10’s of millions of downloads of their app. They must be making money hand over fist. This is a money grab pure and simple. They can easily cover this licensing fee of 54k, this is pure horseshit. I guess the owner of the company needs to purchase his mistress a better condo?

Please do not support this horseshit, just pay the regular 4 bucks for the table when it is finally release or perhaps some dev here will release a VP10 version that will kick its ass and you can buy him/her a beer.

Stop the bullshit scams farsight. PS. I cannot post this on their fans page or kickstarter page because they will ban and silence me like stern does to their shit disturbers who have an opinion. Rant mode off :)

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
      http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
      "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

Vampirolatino2
      Participant
        @vampirolatino2

I think is the same thing… because it’s like buying something before hand. But yeah, it cost you now $7 for the table, so that extra $3 is for them cover expenses. They obviously have the money to cover the licenses, but I think they are abusing the concept of “kickstarter” indeed.

Les Thompson
        Participant
          @les73gtx

I personally believe that the kickstarter thing should only be used for start-up companies getting the initial product off the ground. Well established companies can go to the bank to get the funds needed after that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

freneticamnesic
            @freneticamnesic
            vipModeratorMember

It’s such bad PR every time they do it, I don’t understand their reasoning… do they think it won’t actually sell? I just hate crowdfunding in general but to see an actual business do it to fund further development really bothers me. It means that company is not spending it’s money well. If they haven’t profited enough money since their last table release then they might need to rethink their business model.

Punch it!

Phil Docker
            Participant
              @dock

The BBC and Terry Nation Enterprises (who own the rights to the daleks) charge a fortune for licenses. Take it from me, a company I know tried to get one – and it was MORE than $54,000. In fact it was more than £56,000 GBP. I can not tell you exact figures and for what purpose.

Nobody has a ‘gun to your head’ to make you pay them any cash. At least with Farsight I would imagine they would get the job done.

Another kickstarter project appeared on various VP sites a few weeks ago about a whole new platform. Which personally – after reading the proposal I think its seemed unlikely it will happen long term. Thats my opinion – so that did not get my money! Others wanted to give money -that is personal choice.

Now Farsight have totally discontinued work on getting games working in VP cabs – I wont be spending money on this. Do I really want to play pinball on my phone when I already have (I think) Dozers version of Dr Who in a full sized cab? A new version would not go a miss for VPX. But it seems now authors are working more on Stern games. In my mind – after years of experience working on real pins, you can not beat a good Bally/Williams but – sadly we will get no more of those.

Anyhow – my personal opinion – we are all entitled to one.

Paulo Carvalho
              Participant
                @paulohotline

Hey Phil, if Dozer released an updated version of Doctor Who I have not see it? Can you point me to it?

The version I have on cab I not recall where I got it, but its pretty good for VP9.9:
                Doctor Who (Bally 1992)_FOM_SUNKEN
                https://mega.nz/#!uFoU0AJC!uhquwPIOapOO0dnFPHW6EJ621HKZ74MCaV8cViHXJmw

I will buy the table when its released in September, but I will not support another bulltitty Farsight Mistress upgrade KickStarter.

[Paulo Carvalho Mobile - 204-294-4389]
                http://www.pinballowners.com/paulohotline
                "Life is like pinball, your always trying to keep your balls in play, but in the end, they drop down the middle :)"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Forums are currently locked.

©2024 VPinBall.com

Forgot your details?